shape
carat
color
clarity

Embarrassing Questions ... bikini wax?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 3:59:02 PM
Author: appletini
LOL! I''ve only had my eyebrows waxed twice, and for me that is more painful than a brazilian. Also for first timers, I would recommend leaving at least a strip b/c that strip area will probably be most sensitive.

I usually get a solid 10 days before I see any regrowth, and I get it done every 3-4 weeks. For you shavers, once you wax you will never go back to shaving.

I''ve never done the paper panties...what is the point? Oh and my lady will also pluck any strays, fix ingrowns, and trims what is left.

ETA: my spa is $55, but some of the other comprabable ones charge even more.
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

you are grossing me out!! eww ewww I can''t imagine having some WAXING person all up in my privates TWEEZING, plucking, ew!!! God, get me drunk, buy me dinner & tell me I have beautiful eyes first!!!!!!

lol...ok seriously I am so freaked out by the thought of someone other than my ob or husband down *there*. Ok, i don''t even like my ob and I''ve had 2 kids. I''m still shy. And I shave a brazillian on myself. Lordy. I wish I could get a DIY laser....

But for me shaving is easy...once a week and it takes 2 seconds.

this is a funny thread....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is too funny diver, a little romance before pruning! I am envisioning a candlelit dinner with a big Russian woman named Slava!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 11:00:38 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 5/9/2008 10:52:37 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 5/9/2008 10:43:31 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 5/9/2008 10:33:26 PM
Who wants to look like Cousin It tied by a bandana?
you''re making me feel like Big Foot down below.
23.gif
Then get with the program...you''d better not be hairier than what''s in your avatar.
9.gif
HA!!! Heck if *my* coat were 1/2 as silky and gorgeous I''d be strutting around in crotchless jumpsuits. I did NOT just write that.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

and it gets funnier

Chewbacca..

Bigfoot...

Sascrotch....

ROTF!
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
SASCROTCH!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I am going to incorporate that into my everyday vocabulary, thanks diver!!!!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
SASCROTCH: having nether regions that resemble Big Foot.

THAT is funny. And very scary visually.

The au natural look where hair other than the hair on your head is concerned is not my thing. No one needs to look like a Yeti down there.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
sascrotch makes me laugh too...i have more....

My DH calls the really bushy look "The Don King"

bwahahahahahahhaha....

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
LOL!!!

donking.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diver, you are simply hilarious. I am fortunate enough to have a few good friends in the salon business and they have made sure I''ve been taken care of over the years. I would trust any of the waxer gals I''ve been to with my life, I feel more comfortable with them than I do with my gyno!

I am another in the no paper panty camp...sorry if TMI, but I am. I still have nightmares of my MOH''s rainforest as we liked to call it back in college...that girl would walk around in bikini undies (we had an all-girl floor) and omg she was Italian and you could tell by the jungle she had going on down there. She took me for my first tatto, I took her for her first wax. We''ve been best friends ever since.
9.gif

Another vote for hair/no hair being a generational thang...I prefer at least a landing strip! Can''t do the bare thing, have to leave something so I still feel womanly.
2.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
that pic is so funny!

We also call it the "outback" because it''s like you''re in the "bush", and you know, you get peepers "out back".

And, we commonly refer to the lady bits as "possible" because you wash down as far as "possible", and up as far as "possible", then you wash "possible". My grandpa used to call it the "cockpit"!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
This has morphed into the girlfriendliest topic...

I''m too pregnant to see my...er...possible right now. Thank heavens for electric razors. I''ve never been to get waxed...but this is giving me ideas.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 5:38:04 PM
Author: jas

I''m too pregnant to see my...er...possible right now. Thank heavens for electric razors. I''ve never been to get waxed...but this is giving me ideas.
All the more reason to keep it clean down there...didn''t want my baby to get ensnared in a fishing net on the way out...

9.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 8:10:26 PM

All the more reason to keep it clean down there...didn''t want my baby to get ensnared in a fishing net on the way out...

9.gif
Alright so this thread was all fun and games until suddenly my future baby''s birthing well-being was questioned. I just spent the last 5 mins figuring out where in the budget I could squeeze in a bikini laser treatment!!
3.gif

I''m not overly shy and have had a fair amount of bikini waxes over the years. I definitely prefer it to shaving, and would probably do it more regularly if it weren''t for the cost. No paper panties, either. Just seems simpler to grin and "bare" it. When I go, it''s to a shady little place nearby (highly recommended though!) with a barbaric Russian technician who does the job for cheap ($35 for a regular bikini wax I think?), and does it well. She''s MEAN though... I''ve been yelled at multiple times for shaving between visits and thus spoiling her "canvas".

As for shape, I''m not a fan of the totally bare look, and I usually opt for more of a triangle than a landing strip... a random hair-rectangle just looks mismatched to me. I have a decent pain tolerance but it''s definitely painful, no way around that. Actually, has anyone been waxed while pregnant? I''ve been putting it off because people keep warning me it''s even more excruciating than normal.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
A couple of friends of mine in high school call it Tiajuana. We were from LA and the nether part was down south of our naval, and TJ is south of a Naval base so it made sense at the time.

Hubby sometimes asks if I need him to get out the hedgeclippers. ?? It is not THAT bad.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone think that all this is ridiculous and that we spoil our men? I mean, THEY don''t spoil US and we have to endure weeding through the jungle there too!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG, I think we take grooming to a level men never even dream of.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 8:43:23 PM
Does anyone think that all this is ridiculous and that we spoil our men? I mean, THEY don''t spoil US and we have to endure weeding through the jungle there too!

Yeah, but if your DH ever "spoiled" you in that way, you''d be telling him to landscape again!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Eph, I am still reeling at the thought of Slava in my Tijuana.

Why am I so shy about this? I could not, would not share my Don King with a stranger. I always feel so *weird* even at the OB. I even grow things out to a decent amount before a pap, so they don''t think I''m a hoochie mama. Is that not the most ridiculous thing you''ve ever heard? My bff always gets a wax BEFORE her pap so her "ob isn''t offended by the jungle". LOL. I''ve heard for a Brazilian you have to get on hands & knees. That is just horrifying to me. HORRIFYING! LOL

bok bok bok, diver''s a chicken.

But I know 2 girls who got brazilians while pregnant. Didn''t complain.

My babies had to fight a fishing net. I gave up on sex, so I gave up on grooming. heck I couldn''t see it, dh wasn''t seeing it, so who cared?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 1:00:46 AM
Author: divergrrl

My babies had to fight a fishing net. I gave up on sex, so I gave up on grooming. heck I couldn''t see it, dh wasn''t seeing it, so who cared?
That''s OK Diver...I didn''t care either and I''m sure I had all sorts of strays. If I had a vaginal delivery, Amelia would have been caught on a fishing line or two for sure...
3.gif

Ironically, they shave you in order to have a caesarian...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, your friend is cleaning her house before the housekeeper comes!

Getting on your knees...yikes. My salon does not do that, but you must be pretzel like in your limberness. I have never dared to be totally bare but I have heard...

Men would get waxed ONCE and say, too bad, if you can't stand the foliage stay out of the jungle! they would NEVER submit to that more than once (and if they gave birth they would have one kid and convince their friends to not have any, they would never survive birth!)

TG, I thought they do not shave you anymore, at least maybe not in the US?

sera

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Sascrotch is about the funniest thing ever!!! I am sure for quite some time I will burst into spontaneous, uncontrollable laughter due to the sascrotch word! OMG. And Don King LOL.

Anyway, I had wanted to mention that Sally Hansen (and Nair) have new spray on hair removers. I tried the SH... it was a bit inconsistent, though didn''t smell and sting as much as typical Nair. I''m going to try it again and make sure I had adequate coverage.

Anybody else try this product with success? They do have an extra strength formula, but I was afraid to try it.

Oh, and a coworker''s sister works for a laser place... I could get laser removal for like $70 a pop she thinks. This is something I def want to do. She said why fair skin and dark hair works best is because if the contrast isn''t there, the laser could take off some of the dark skin.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
They do diamondfan, depending on your "condition". They had to take a tiny bit off the top for me because they say when they patch you back up, they use tape too, and they don''t want the tape to pull the hair. That''s the reason why...at least for me.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I thought, at least from my friends who had them, that they did not shave you anymore...maybe not all the way at least!

How is Ttot Amelia bean doing?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no...definitely not all the way. Just enough to get out of the way of the tape, which is really darn sticky!

little TTot Amelia is doing very well! Thanks for asking. I''m just starting to like her.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
So you think she is a keeper? Good!
2.gif

It is funny how birthing changes your view and you can discuss lady bits with ease...after all the activity down there, this ain''t nuthin''!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 1:40:28 AM
Author: diamondfan
So you think she is a keeper? Good!
2.gif

It is funny how birthing changes your view and you can discuss lady bits with ease...after all the activity down there, this ain''t nuthin''!
Well, she didn''t come with a receipt...
41.gif

Seriously, she is easy so far. I guess as easy as babies can be. I keep thinking, either I''m doing something right or I''m very lucky. I figure it''s probably a little of both. And if things become tougher, I''ll take the blame too!

Yeah...I''m always amazed at the hospital that they bring around residents to check out what''s going on. I''m thinking...hello...since when did I become a display item? Do I get to charge admission? But at the end of the day, you really don''t care.

I''m still hoping my lady bits look OK. I still have lots of stuff hanging over it hiding the view. It''s just wrong. Amelia has a lot to answer for.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oy, have three and wait and see. Though I am not doing too badly for 42 and three kids. Hubby agrees...maybe too much!

I know, I hated when the doctor would be reaching in there and there would a crowd peering over his shoulder. Hello, privacy much? Got your soda and candy and ready for a show?! But humility goes out the window. After birth nothing phases me.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
OMG you ladies are hilarious!!! Sascrotch!!! EEEEKKKKK!!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I think, upon further review, I''m with Diver. I''m happy to purchase my OB/GYN (and anyone else who''ll be watching the L&D, which sounds like everyone from residents to the janitor) a machete and a pith helmet.

Tally ho!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock

Me too! I''m still trying to work up the courage to make an appt to get a wax. My hair stylist recommended the lady she goes to so I may be making that call sooner rather than later.

I loved my electric razor prior to being preggo, but DH is not getting anywhere near my girly bits with any type of razor! I trust him - but not down there with anything sharp! Hehehehe.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had to get on hands and knees for a brazilian, she just has me pull my legs up for the undercarriage...I kind of get a nice leg stretch at the same time.

Oh and about male grooming...DH manscapes. The first time I saw him without a shirt, I like OMG he is really hairy, so not too long after that we went to target and got him some clippers...he loves them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results