shape
carat
color
clarity

Elle's Gemstone Adventures

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should not halo the tanzanite. Many of the custom goldsmiths I sell to almost never do halo's, rather they do all kinds of creative unique pieces with out them. Halo's seem to be more of a Pricescope thing from what I can see. The concave is a more modern look and should get a more unique setting.

Thanks for your input, Gene. Trying to find something that is ”me” while also paying tribute to that gorgeous concave cutting is proving difficult for me...after all, I am a halo kind of gal. I tried looking up some modern / unique styles but I wasn’t having a lot of luck.

@elle_71125
Somewhere between a traditional halo and Judy Jetson,
I feel @suzanne2 and her gorgeous JD Aqua \DK ring sit in perfect harmony.

Suzanne’s setting is perfection for her JD aqua. She really played with the cutting pattern beautifully and made it her own. I’m open to ideas.:mrgreen:

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I personally think the concave cut looks more modern in a round than the shape Elle got her tanzanite in. Just my opinion.
I really don't think you can go wrong, halo or no halo, with that beautiful stone.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dk has some like like that too ;-)
Sorry I doubled up on photos and they were HUGE!!!
I don't have any VC, but I agree his work is elegant :)
I just got 2 rings made- one is so me!!! I love it!! The other is a halo. I don't have any halo's. However, I absolutely love this ring and love having something different in my collection. I hear you on getting outside of the bubble, but I am so glad I did!!!!

Regardless they are all gorgeous stones and your collection is drool worthy!! I am sure what ever you decide will be stunning!!! I might have to take some inspiration from your floral ring. I think the center is a pink spinel! You have excellent taste!

Thank you. :D I just went and checked out your emerald cut ring and...wowza! What a killer rock!!! I didn’t see the halo off hand so more digging is in my future.:mrgreen:

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I’m thinking about starting a new project. Which one would you set and how would you set it? I’m open to other options as well. :mrgreen:

Concave cut tanzanite.
I’m thinking a slim halo so the concave cutting stands out. I also have little cadillac diamond sides I could add (not sized accurately in my mock up...I’m just winging it).
F489BDFC-E4D3-4707-9EF8-609FC86F43B6.jpeg

Spess from Precision Gem.
I’m kinda loving the hexagon shape and I think it would make an interesting halo.
837EED89-78A1-4060-97E4-35518B8163E1.jpeg

Pink tourmaline. I’ve had this ring saved for ages. I know I’ll be using it one day...even if it’s not for this little gal.
12C70CAD-15EC-4E5C-BB74-919A970F58CC.jpeg

I suspect we might have different tastes, so take this with a grain of salt =)2

While I like halos, I personally tend to prefer more plain rings. Of the pics above, my fave is the spess bottom right of the plain stone with your twisty gold band. But I'm not sure you even intended for that pic to be an "option" though lol!

I like yellow/orange stones with yellow/rose golds and am sensitive to seeing fried eggs in haloed stones of these colours. Hehe so perhaps a thin halo for this stone? :P2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go 0D6E9885-374A-45D4-AEC6-6E4F4E50DA08.jpeg 64F6073F-CB9A-4959-8602-BA989A5A81F2.jpeg 8A1D8CF7-28AF-41AC-8A6C-35F264246812.jpeg 587F09CD-41A3-4074-950D-7DD3A7B4B1E9.jpeg A26BC5E1-8CB8-4D21-8859-B018EDFF3A18.jpeg

It‘s gorgeous!! I especially love that it’s an interesting halo. You know, it has the cool elements that make it special. Plus, that profile view is stunning. :kiss2: I really like the filigree and the double row of milgrain. Thanks for sharing it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect we might have different tastes, so take this with a grain of salt =)2

While I like halos, I personally tend to prefer more plain rings. Of the pics above, my fave is the spess bottom right of the plain stone with your twisty gold band. But I'm not sure you even intended for that pic to be an "option" though lol!

I like yellow/orange stones with yellow/rose golds and am sensitive to seeing fried eggs in haloed stones of these colours. Hehe so perhaps a thin halo for this stone? :P2

Ha, it definitely wasn’t meant to be an option. It was just a hand pic of the spess. :lol:
Still, I totally get where you’re coming from. Some people just prefer the solitaire look and there’s nothing wrong with that. :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 Sounds like a PS design challenge! Game on! :D

I love it! :dance:

I personally think the concave cut looks more modern in a round than the shape Elle got her tanzanite in. Just my opinion.
I really don't think you can go wrong, halo or no halo, with that beautiful stone.

Thank you. the concave cut is definitely modern but I haven‘t seen much in the way of modern settings that I like for it. As long as the center stone is the focus, I think it’ll look great too.

voce

Ideal_Rock
What about this 94C15F01-3B21-4C49-ACD4-81C4DE98B70E.jpeg

elle has smaller fingers; I'm not sure she has the finger real estate (depending on the size of the tanzanite) to pull it off. But I love this angular, modern vibe halo design!

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
To me, one of the most fun parts about wearing a CS ring is getting to match it with nail polish. I had a nail polish obsession some years back.

All this to say I'm already thinking about all the shades that would go perfect with it :kiss2:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
It‘s gorgeous!! I especially love that it’s an interesting halo. You know, it has the cool elements that make it special. Plus, that profile view is stunning. :kiss2: I really like the filigree and the double row of milgrain. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks elle_71125 I think it turned out to be really special. It was nice to try something different. I am happy. Thanks for saying such nice things about my rings. As I said before, your collection is stunning!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wonderful (and clearly very smart) husband had this beauty made for my recent birthday. A lily ring from Cecile Raley Designs featuring a cushion shaped Namya spinel, paraiba tourmalines, and pink Burma spinels.

Here‘s one of Yvonne’s photos. I’m literally drooling over here...I can’t wait!! :kiss2:

4A13E0A0-70B9-404A-BA48-6B2E69E452C6.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My wonderful (and clearly very smart) husband had this beauty made for my recent birthday. A lily ring from Cecile Raley Designs featuring a cushion shaped Namya spinel, paraiba tourmalines, and pink Burma spinels.

Here‘s one of Yvonne’s photos. I’m literally drooling over here...I can’t wait!! :kiss2:

My husband needs to talk to your husband!
I want a lily ring too:love:

voce

Ideal_Rock

:kiss2:

OMG how exciting! I'm jealous that you have a husband who's able to conceive of rings like this! My significant other is unable to choose one gem to gift me among three choices that I gave him.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband needs to talk to your husband!
I want a lily ring too:love:

The Lily is ring such a gorgeous design. I hope you get one soon because it would look awesome on you. :mrgreen:

:kiss2:

OMG how exciting! I'm jealous that you have a husband who's able to conceive of rings like this! My significant other is unable to choose one gem to gift me among three choices that I gave him.

Hahaha. :lol: To be fair, I already had all the gems and I knew which design I wanted them for. He was just smart enough to follow through on it.

I keep an Amazon wish list where I put all my gift ideas to make it nice and easy for him. There’s plenty of unset gem ideas in there too. :D

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's amazingly beautiful, Elle, congratulations! You chose well in the husband department :) Love that pink spinel and paraiba combo!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love that color palette :love:
Can’t wait to see handshots
** Happy belated birthday **

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazingly beautiful, Elle, congratulations! You chose well in the husband department :) Love that pink spinel and paraiba combo!

Thank you! I think we all already know of my love of paraiba and pink spinel but I am pretty darn excited about this little lady. :kiss2: And yes, I am lucky in the hubby department. He's my favorite person. :love::love::love:

Love that color palette :love:
Can’t wait to see handshots
** Happy belated birthday **

Thank you on both counts. :mrgreen: I'll be sure to post hand shots asap.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
No new gems to report but I wore Big Blue to the zoo and I couldn’t pass up a pic with a pretty flower. This is definitely Big Blue at his finest so I had to share. :kiss2:

71195CBD-0B39-41FC-8351-D87B3A19B3C6.jpeg

I can smell that lilac bush from here ....heaven!

It almost looks as beautiful as Big Blue!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it has an emerald halo (and because this is my thread), I’m sharing my newest ring. Introducing Clover.

Love this ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, can't wait to see hand shots so that you know, we get loads and loads more pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results