shape
carat
color
clarity

Elle's Gemstone Adventures

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'll be honest, somehow in that picture the extinction on the Mahenge spinel makes the garnets look better than the Mahenge spinel, and my eyes are more drawn to the halo than to the center stone. The color combination is good, just with that extinction...I might save the garnets for a stone with more brilliance.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve been playing with my new Jeff White mahenge spinel today and I’m kinda loving the green halo with this guy. What do you guys think?
(The pic isn’t great but you get the idea.)

11B12322-988B-4BCE-83F7-2761DB986D6A.jpeg

I don't know if it's just this particular picture but I think the tsavs look better with the oval you posted earlier.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if it's just this particular picture but I think the tsavs look better with the oval you posted earlier.

I th8nk the same.

Those sticky box tops are a game changer, eh?!
:)

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I th8nk the same.

I'm lost here. How do you use the sticky box top? Like the stones are resting on your hand and you put the box top over the stones?

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm lost here. How do you use the sticky box top? Like the stones are resting on your hand and you put the box top over the stones?

You press the stones down on the sticky gel on the box lid, and then you turn it over and place it on your hand. It's the table of the gems that's stuck to the lid.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to say, that’s a VERY clever way of mocking it up on your finger!

I love these gel top boxes. I can’t tell you how many times I’d set up a gemstone layout on a normal lid and as soon as I lifted up a bit to look...everything shifts. :lol:

I'll be honest, somehow in that picture the extinction on the Mahenge spinel makes the garnets look better than the Mahenge spinel, and my eyes are more drawn to the halo than to the center stone. The color combination is good, just with that extinction...I might save the garnets for a stone with more brilliance.

I have to agree and that’s probably my biggest concern. Those tsavs are freaking bright! I will say the spinel looks a lot better in person so I’ll just have to keep playing until I figure out the perfect setting combo for it.

Thank you. The spinel looks a lot better in person but I do think the tsav melee are a bit too bright for this one. :mrgreen: I‘ll just have to keep playing with color combos...what a shame.:lol:

I th8nk the same.

They really are. It’s so much more fun to play with my gems now! :cool2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too am in the camp that the Tsarvorites look better with the oval.

However, I LOVE the combination of red and green.

DK :))

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve been playing with my new Jeff White mahenge spinel today and I’m kinda loving the green halo with this guy. What do you guys think?
(The pic isn’t great but you get the idea.)

11B12322-988B-4BCE-83F7-2761DB986D6A.jpeg

Lovely! I adore CS melee and halos :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve clearly been on a little buying spree lately because here is yet another new gem. I love this gorgeous yellowish orange spess I picked up from Gene’s last drop...its so freaking bright!

Vendor photo
32EBFF5D-C879-4BFF-8E45-6B1E8FC6BE5B.jpeg

Details:
3.22 Ct spessartine garnet
Origin: Loliondo, Tanzania
Dimensions: 8.459mm

A couple of my pics:

767E3636-15E3-45DB-93AB-FD1CB806A5E6.jpeg EBE0C6EA-A994-4B29-8B0B-296723736C89.jpeg 16F1AD0D-96FF-40D6-9218-3DDDA74F0F56.jpeg
F8336926-2A86-4C8E-9E7F-C5C6BBBD6FB6.jpeg

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that spess is like sunlight!! THIS is what I wish my yellow zircon looked like when I bought it!

Can’t wait to see what you do with it!! Alternatively, if you EVER decide to sell it... I’m your girl!! This colour just speaks to me. It’s so SUNNY!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that spess is like sunlight!! THIS is what I wish my yellow zircon looked like when I bought it!

Can’t wait to see what you do with it!! Alternatively, if you EVER decide to sell it... I’m your girl!! This colour just speaks to me. It’s so SUNNY!

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. ;-)
Thank you for the compliments. I LOVE it's bright sunny coloring.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking about starting a new project. Which one would you set and how would you set it? I’m open to other options as well. :mrgreen:

Concave cut tanzanite.
I’m thinking a slim halo so the concave cutting stands out. I also have little cadillac diamond sides I could add (not sized accurately in my mock up...I’m just winging it).
F489BDFC-E4D3-4707-9EF8-609FC86F43B6.jpeg

Spess from Precision Gem.
I’m kinda loving the hexagon shape and I think it would make an interesting halo.
837EED89-78A1-4060-97E4-35518B8163E1.jpeg

Pink tourmaline. I’ve had this ring saved for ages. I know I’ll be using it one day...even if it’s not for this little gal.
12C70CAD-15EC-4E5C-BB74-919A970F58CC.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
Although all three are drool-worthy, I'm voting for the concave cut tanzanite. Cadillac side diamonds sidestones please! :drool:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! I‘ll vote for the tanzanite because I can’t wait to see it set! Any of the settings options will look amazing, but I’m drawn to the top right option for the tanzanite and the bottom left option for the spess. The pink tourmaline will look gorgeous in the floral setting!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve clearly been on a little buying spree lately because here is yet another new gem. I love this gorgeous yellowish orange spess I picked up from Gene’s last drop...its so freaking bright!

Vendor photo
32EBFF5D-C879-4BFF-8E45-6B1E8FC6BE5B.jpeg

Details:
3.22 Ct spessartine garnet
Origin: Loliondo, Tanzania
Dimensions: 8.459mm

A couple of my pics:

767E3636-15E3-45DB-93AB-FD1CB806A5E6.jpeg EBE0C6EA-A994-4B29-8B0B-296723736C89.jpeg 16F1AD0D-96FF-40D6-9218-3DDDA74F0F56.jpeg
F8336926-2A86-4C8E-9E7F-C5C6BBBD6FB6.jpeg

I like your pictures more than Gene's:razz:. Gorgeous stone!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the Spess! That is a gorgeous and special stone. I vote no diamonds- don’t hurt me! Go to Victor’s page and check out his hexagon bezels with out diamonds. That spess is the star!! She needs to be the star!!! Also Dk has a setting I can so see the Spess in! Let me see if I can find it. I know you love halos, but I think she can go solo just fine!

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
WOAH!

I'm really going crazy over the tanzanite :kiss2:
The pink tourmaline is super impressive, that color brings nothing but great images and memories to mind.

But that tanzanite... to die for!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote the Spess! That is a gorgeous and special stone. I vote no diamonds- don’t hurt me! Go to Victor’s page and check out his hexagon bezels with out diamonds. That spess is the star!! She needs to be the star!!! Also Dk has a setting I can so see the Spess in! Let me see if I can find it. I know you love halos, but I think she can go solo just fine!

With....No.....Diamonds....:shock:
9DDB2834-DCEC-427F-A7A4-3CDAA612FDF5.gif

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would opt for the Rubellite to be made first, that's because I love the colour of that stone!!!

DK :kiss2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at your last posted family shot and strictly going by what color slot I feel is open -
I vote tanzanite, then spess, then rubellite.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
Although all three are drool-worthy, I'm voting for the concave cut tanzanite. Cadillac side diamonds sidestones please! :drool:
That’s how I’m leaning right now. I think it would look awesome! :mrgreen:

Wow!! I‘ll vote for the tanzanite because I can’t wait to see it set! Any of the settings options will look amazing, but I’m drawn to the top right option for the tanzanite and the bottom left option for the spess. The pink tourmaline will look gorgeous in the floral setting!
Thank you. I’m eager to see the tanzanite set too because that concave cut is so unique and bright!

I like your pictures more than Gene's:razz:. Gorgeous stone!
What a nice compliment! Thank you. :love:

WOAH!

I'm really going crazy over the tanzanite :kiss2:
The pink tourmaline is super impressive, that color brings nothing but great images and memories to mind.

But that tanzanite... to die for!
Thank you. I think the tanzanite is pretty awesome too. The cut is phenomenal! I love them all but that pink tourmaline was a real surprise because it looks great under every light. I was really surprised by that. :D

I would opt for the Rubellite to be made first, that's because I love the colour of that stone!!!

DK :kiss2:
Thank you. I got that one from Dessert Rose when she went to Tucson. It was meant for another ring but I didn’t care for it in that setting. A real shame because the color on it is so rich!

@elle_71125 ...... :lol: OK breathe and repeat after me. 'There will always be Diamonds!'

download.jpeg-1.jpg
*deep breath in....deep breath out*
Thank goodness there will always be diamonds (though it might be time to admit I have a sparkle problem :lol: ).

Looking at your last posted family shot and strictly going by what color slot I feel is open -
I vote tanzanite, then spess, then rubellite.
Thank you, I was doing that too. I love, love, love my pink tourmaline but I also have several pinks already set. I should probably give love to the other colors first.
I‘m leaning towards the tanzanite right now.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I found the ring, now I have to figure out how to post it from there to here! How about diamonds in the gallery or the ring I found does have some on the band... I will see if my daughter can help me with this picture issue. It’s just a thought :) F843256C-9ED3-4754-8F65-4521F5938650.jpeg C6B1112D-576C-40AA-AC46-471F5ED1A598.jpeg F843256C-9ED3-4754-8F65-4521F5938650.jpeg C6B1112D-576C-40AA-AC46-471F5ED1A598.jpeg 6C92F96E-6986-4C35-8DD8-A5C9A2BF27A5.jpeg E505EFEF-4C6D-467B-B30F-00734AD07A91.jpeg 6C92F96E-6986-4C35-8DD8-A5C9A2BF27A5.jpeg E505EFEF-4C6D-467B-B30F-00734AD07A91.jpeg

Thank you so much for this pictures...you’re too sweet! :love:
I tease but I am a total halo girl so it’s hard for me to get outside that bubble. :lol:
I really like the two Victor C ones. I like the head where the diamonds wrap around and the shoulders from the blue sapphire one. Gotta give it to VC...his work is so elegant.:love:

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I tease but I am a total halo girl so it’s hard for me to get outside that bubble. :lol:
I really like the two Victor C ones. I like the head where the diamonds wrap around and the shoulders from the blue sapphire one. Gotta give it to VC...his work is so elegant.:love:

Dk has some like like that too ;-)
Sorry I doubled up on photos and they were HUGE!!!
I don't have any VC, but I agree his work is elegant :)
I just got 2 rings made- one is so me!!! I love it!! The other is a halo. I don't have any halo's. However, I absolutely love this ring and love having something different in my collection. I hear you on getting outside of the bubble, but I am so glad I did!!!!

Regardless they are all gorgeous stones and your collection is drool worthy!! I am sure what ever you decide will be stunning!!! I might have to take some inspiration from your floral ring. I think the center is a pink spinel! You have excellent taste!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I think you should not halo the tanzanite. Many of the custom goldsmiths I sell to almost never do halo's, rather they do all kinds of creative unique pieces with out them. Halo's seem to be more of a Pricescope thing from what I can see. The concave is a more modern look and should get a more unique setting.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125
Somewhere between a traditional halo and Judy Jetson,
I feel @suzanne2 and her gorgeous JD Aqua \DK ring sit in perfect harmony.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results