shape
carat
color
clarity

Egg Watch...how long before my chickens lay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Egg Watch SDL
35.gif

I was going to tell Agnes & Ethel about this thread but I thought they might get 'stage fright' and I wouldn't want to put them off their lay - oh no! Then again, they could hardly get any less productive
20.gif

Glad to still have you on board PP, maybe we will have eggies tomorrow? Keep your feathers crossed.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehehe I love the Chicken Dance!!!
3.gif
9.gif

C''mon Agnes and Ethel!!!! You''re snoozing
24.gif
on the job!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2009 5:37:27 PM
Author: Steel

Date: 5/14/2009 4:15:15 PM
Author: Lorelei
Steel, if you click here this will make your chickies lay some eggs!
3.gif

hehehe.....

It took a..g..e..s to download and was not in the least bit instructional....
29.gif

In fact, what bloody use is that video? Not once did I see an egg, a chicken laying an egg or even a chicken near an egg. How will that help my girls? And I was disturbed by the chicken 'eating' a toddler. What message will that give my hens? I shudder to think.
Yes but I thought all that chicken dancing might direct some positive egg laying energy towards egg producing internal organs if your chickens saw it, and therefore they might shake some eggs out....* she says hopefully....*

Usually chickens = eggs ( unless they belong to steel) , so I thawt it might inspire them? So that video IS useful.
16.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Steel still no eggs! HMPH!!! The lady with the BO chickens said she didn''t have any more BO''s they were promised to someone else. I''m going to check out another person how has other chickens (mixed breeds). The first lady had other bantam chickens, but said their eggs were much smaller.

Keep us posted on your chickedees.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Come on chickies!!!!! Maybe this will encourage them - tell them it's cool and everyone else is doing it!

Chicken_On_Nest.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2009 10:25:23 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Come on chickies!!!!! Maybe this will encourage them:
Hehehe! I was wondering whether to post an eggsample pic of a hen WITH eggs might motivate them!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 10:27:10 AM

Date: 5/15/2009 10:25:23 AM
Come on chickies!!!!! Maybe this will encourage them:
Hehehe! I was wondering whether to post an eggsample pic of a hen WITH eggs might motivate them!
YES!!!
36.gif
Steel maybe if you line the inside walls with photos like this, they''ll think lots of chickies joined them and they''ll get the idea! Or at least want to join in the fun!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Day 14

No eggs.

But the sun shone today and my girls put their best feathers forward for an impromptu photoshoot. Enjoy!

Eggwatch1.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
16.gif

eggwatch2.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

eggwatch...jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the last pic, I don't know why it turned into a little red 'x'.
33.gif

ETA: That is Ethel on the right and Agnes on the left.

Eggwatch3.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless the girls!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Maybe you will have some eggies tomorrow....

Steel

Ideal_Rock
This is my favourite picture although it is not up to much. Lore, you told me the girls would have dirt baths and today I saw my first ever hen dirt bath. It was so sweet.
30.gif
Normally the girls stay in their coop although we try to shuffle them out for fresh air and a look-see. Well today when I was out and about I saw the girls scratching about the pen having left the coop on their own!
16.gif
I was such a proud hen momma.
When I moved in for a closer look I saw Ethel had dug in the dirt and removed the grass to create a little dip in the ground. She was sitting in the dip and rolling herself on the ground (a bit like the way a cat will head boink your leg or the furniture) it was so sweet and Agnes was scratching around the dip to make it bigger. There is no I in Team where my girls are concerned - they much such a team effort. I was so proud of them. So I took a picture of their en-suite facilities; the dirt bath.

So thank you Lorelei for letting me know what she would be up to.
35.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

henbath.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 10:32:11 AM
YES!!!
36.gif
Steel maybe if you line the inside walls with photos like this, they''ll think lots of chickies joined them and they''ll get the idea! Or at least want to join in the fun!

Luv, that is a great photo.
9.gif

It is nice to see a look-a-like so I can ease myself into seeing my girls with an egg. Thanks for the egg-spiration!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 9:54:19 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Steel still no eggs! HMPH!!! The lady with the BO chickens said she didn''t have any more BO''s they were promised to someone else. I''m going to check out another person how has other chickens (mixed breeds). The first lady had other bantam chickens, but said their eggs were much smaller.

Keep us posted on your chickedees.

I think the bantam breed are the best! I think I will get some even if their eggs are small. They are soooooo pretty with their feathery-leggings
30.gif

I am sorry you mssed out on the BO''s. Let us know you get on at the other breeder.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2009 3:43:44 PM
This is my favourite picture although it is not up to much. Lore, you told me the girls would have dirt baths and today I saw my first ever hen dirt bath. It was so sweet.
30.gif
Normally the girls stay in their coop although we try to shuffle them out for fresh air and a look-see. Well today when I was out and about I saw the girls scratching about the pen having left the coop on their own!
16.gif
I was such a proud hen momma.
When I moved in for a closer look I saw Ethel had dug in the dirt and removed the grass to create a little dip in the ground. She was sitting in the dip and rolling herself on the ground (a bit like the way a cat will head boink your leg or the furniture) it was so sweet and Agnes was scratching around the dip to make it bigger. There is no I in Team where my girls are concerned - they much such a team effort. I was so proud of them. So I took a picture of their en-suite facilities; the dirt bath.

So thank you Lorelei for letting me know what she would be up to.
35.gif

LOL!!! It is so adorable watching them having their dirt baths, I knew you would enjoy it - hehe
9.gif
Looks like their en - suite dirt bath is most suitable.
16.gif
Watch to see when they really get into it rolling around and are kicking dirt over each other!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it''s time for a little chicken **** to get the girls thinking about eggs
31.gif

chickens.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 4:54:02 PM
Author: purrfectpear
31.gif
Hubba Bubba....
30.gif

He is a fine figure of a man.

Macho Macho Cockerel, I want to be a Macho Cockerel, Macho Macho Cockerel.....

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 3:52:14 PM

Date: 5/15/2009 10:32:11 AM
YES!!!
36.gif

Luv, that is a great photo.
9.gif

It is nice to see a look-a-like so I can ease myself into seeing my girls with an egg. Thanks for the egg-spiration!
36.gif
Woohoo for eggspiration!!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2009 4:54:02 PM
Author: purrfectpear
31.gif
He''s HAWT!!!! If you are a chicken.
13.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
39.gif

Day 15 and no eggs.

The girls are out and about in the rain, scratching, eating and beady eye-ing. But mostly they spend their days not laying.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
15.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 8:08:37 AM
15.gif
DH said last night....

At least we know which came first, the chicken or the egg? It was the chickens...
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2009 8:17:41 AM

Date: 5/16/2009 8:08:37 AM
15.gif
DH said last night....

At least we know which came first, the chicken or the egg? It was the chickens...
20.gif
ROFL!!! Of that there is no doubt in this case anyway!!! Boooooraaaaaark!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2009 1:37:18 PM
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Day 16. (S.i.x.t.e.e.n)

NO EGGS
23.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
The girls had their first whole, new potoato this morning and loved it. They pecked and pecked at it, so funny.

I bought DH some wraps but he didn''t use them all before they became hard on the edges so I thought I would give one to the chucks and they LOVE wraps from Aldi. Love them. So far today they have had 3!

Do you think wraps + new potato = eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results