shape
carat
color
clarity

Egg Watch...how long before my chickens lay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 4:04:32 PM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Been following this thread with great interest and humor!!

So sorry that you have not seen any eggs yet, Steele
7.gif
. I mean, those girls should be ashamed of themselves - they''re kept hens, for goodness'' sake!

PP, lol on your comment above - that would motivate me too
9.gif
23.gif
Hi there
35.gif

Glad to have you on egg watch. Not only are they kept hens, they are kept hens being fed laying pellets
20.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Steel, sorry no eggs yet. Maybe you can put up some motivational posters in their coop or something...
9.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey Steel, I''m going to buy some Buff Orpingtons for my Mom as a late mother''s day present. Along with a new hand bag. I''ll post pictures when I get them. I''m going home to FL on Friday.

C''mon chickens! Lay your eggs!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Oh NO! Still NO EGGS? Girls, what gives??????

Steel, I did not take a picture this year of Tommy''s eggs, I guess I''ve gotten used to her yearly clutch which she''s been laying since she turned 5 or 6, she''s about 11 now. Last year we got her a boyfriend in hopes we''d have little lizards. Unfortunately he was sick, later died. So we''ve got BF2.0 lined up and ready for next year but unfortunately she''s really mean to him and he''s scared of her. lol
6.gif
32.gif
(you might have figured out that I thought Tommy was a boy......then there were eggs, imagine my surprise)

Hopefully you''ll have some littlle surprises soon too!!! yummy

And Yes, if you have plans, dimension or anything I can give hubbs about your fabulous coop that would be awesome. We''ve talked off and on for months about doing it but until I saw yours I wasn''t really sure. We''re not supposed to have chickens within the city limits but I seriously doubt that anyone would complain about 2 chickens and fresh egg bribery.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Day 12.......

NO EGGS!

What gives girls......lay me an egg!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 5:52:07 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Hey Steel, sorry no eggs yet. Maybe you can put up some motivational posters in their coop or something...
9.gif
Haha, thanks for the sympathies....
39.gif

Date: 5/12/2009 10:29:48 PM
Hey Steel, I'm going to buy some Buff Orpingtons for my Mom as a late mother's day present. Along with a new hand bag. I'll post pictures when I get them. I'm going home to FL on Friday.

C'mon chickens! Lay your eggs!
I actually had to google what Buff Orpingtons were (
15.gif
<---- shameful icon) and they sure look purty. Please post pictures. Where are you getting yours from? It sounds like a wonderful (late) Mothers day gift.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 11:06:13 PM
Author: cnspotts
Oh NO! Still NO EGGS? Girls, what gives??????

Steel, I did not take a picture this year of Tommy''s eggs, I guess I''ve gotten used to her yearly clutch which she''s been laying since she turned 5 or 6, she''s about 11 now. Last year we got her a boyfriend in hopes we''d have little lizards. Unfortunately he was sick, later died. So we''ve got BF2.0 lined up and ready for next year but unfortunately she''s really mean to him and he''s scared of her. lol
6.gif
32.gif
(you might have figured out that I thought Tommy was a boy......then there were eggs, imagine my surprise)

Hopefully you''ll have some littlle surprises soon too!!! yummy

And Yes, if you have plans, dimension or anything I can give hubbs about your fabulous coop that would be awesome. We''ve talked off and on for months about doing it but until I saw yours I wasn''t really sure. We''re not supposed to have chickens within the city limits but I seriously doubt that anyone would complain about 2 chickens and fresh egg bribery.

I know!!!! I went out last night to beady eye them and ask where the eggs were and they warbled "it is a recession - cut backs"...well maybe I imagined it in my egg deprived delirium
28.gif

Tommy is a cute girls name (
32.gif
) no wonder she does not want a boyfriend she has gender issues. Time for Dr. Phil. So cute you have BF 2.0 lined up!

I was hoping you would come back with a photo of your Tommy & her egg(s) but I can wait......

DH is at work but I will ask him if he has his plans about - if so I will scan them and let you know the specifications! It was realllllly easy to make. If anybody complains about your chucks you could a) egg their car b) get the girls to give them the ''beady eye''......
32.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Steel - I just read through this thread and just wanted to cheer on your little chickies!!! I know nothing about chickens, but they sure do look fun.
1.gif

And you guys are hoots with all the work jokes, hehe.

Maybe you can draw them some posters on what to do and hang them up? Might not scare them as much as the chicken recipes, hehe! Or maybe you and DH can do some cheers for them?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is eggstremely annoying - STILL no eggs!!~!
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei,

1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

You hoooooooo.....

...........where are you..........

.......................what if there had been eggs............

27.gif

ETA:

Ahahahahhahahhh

You 'beat' me to it. Hellooooooo!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2009 12:54:03 PM
Author: Steel
Lorelei,

1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

You hoooooooo.....

27.gif
31.gif
Look above you!!!

Hehehe! Guess what I had for dinner? Egg salad!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 12:52:12 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Steel - I just read through this thread and just wanted to cheer on your little chickies!!! I know nothing about chickens, but they sure do look fun.
1.gif

And you guys are hoots with all the work jokes, hehe.

Maybe you can draw them some posters on what to do and hang them up? Might not scare them as much as the chicken recipes, hehe! Or maybe you and DH can do some cheers for them?
Hi luv,

Thank you for the cheer! They are fun. I had a crappy day today (
39.gif
) and when I drove up the drive one of the girls was out of her coop. All on her own-e-o! It was like she was welcoming me home.
16.gif

(Ps. Girls, nothing welcomes Steel home like a fresh eggie weggie
31.gif
)

I would give them a poster but I bet they would just make a mockery of it and peck through it. Chickens these days have no respect.....not like in my day.

Thanks for joining egg watch!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 12:55:18 PM
Author: Lorelei

Lorelei,

1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

You hoooooooo.....

27.gif
31.gif
Look above you!!!

Nobody likes a smartie pants.

(bet your breath stinks of egg. nah nah na nah nah..... blows raspberry and runs away....)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
15.gif
<---- shameful icon) and they sure look purty. Please post pictures. Where are you getting yours from? It sounds like a wonderful (late) Mothers day gift.

That''s okay Steel, I know absolutely NOTHING about chickens. Just my mom likes them. So I''m hoping to get 4 chickens. I told my sister I don''t want to spend more than $50 nor buy more than 4 chickens, whichever comes first. There''s a chicken raiser/breeder (what do you call them anyway?) that is close to my parents'' farm. I''m hoping she''ll have 4 but not sure. She said they''re 1 month away from laying. I hope they lay. I hope your chickens lay too!!! Hopefully on Friday or Saturday we can surprise my mom with new chickens. :) I''m going to make sure I bring my camera home so I can take pictures of them.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 1:03:17 PM

15.gif

That''s okay Steel, I know absolutely NOTHING about chickens. Just my mom likes them. So I''m hoping to get 4 chickens. I told my sister I don''t want to spend more than $50 nor buy more than 4 chickens, whichever comes first. There''s a chicken raiser/breeder (what do you call them anyway?) that is close to my parents'' farm. I''m hoping she''ll have 4 but not sure. She said they''re 1 month away from laying. I hope they lay. I hope your chickens lay too!!! Hopefully on Friday or Saturday we can surprise my mom with new chickens. :) I''m going to make sure I bring my camera home so I can take pictures of them.
That sounds like such fun! Ours were €8 each which was not very cheap so hopefully yours will be well under $10 each.

Please do take pictures. This is a free range egg thread; all pictures welcome!

I don''t know if there is a word for the breeders - breeders I suppose. Certainly not a chicken fancier which was the first (wrong) thought that popped into my noggin!
41.gif

Yeah for chickens!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2009 1:02:36 PM

Date: 5/13/2009 12:55:18 PM

Lorelei,

1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

You hoooooooo.....

27.gif
31.gif
Look above you!!!

Nobody likes a smartie pants.

(bet your breath stinks of egg. nah nah na nah nah..... blows raspberry and runs away....)
Does not! Neener neener
25.gif
Very nice eggeths they were too. Went very well with a spoonful of Hellmans.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Still NO EGGS?

Maybe tomorrow...lol

(I need to somehow get the Lizard egg pictures off the old computer, something I've been meaning to do, not really sure how yet...) I'll keep checking back for eggs & coop plans...yeah!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 6:07:49 AM
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Day 13.

No Eggs. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
39.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 12:43:04 AM
Author: cnspotts
Still NO EGGS?

Maybe tomorrow...lol

(I need to somehow get the Lizard egg pictures off the old computer, something I''ve been meaning to do, not really sure how yet...) I''ll keep checking back for eggs & coop plans...yeah!
35.gif

Nope no eggs. Thanks for checking in on egg watch. Hopefully they will make a show soon.

I am really looking forward to liard eggs! Whenever you get the chance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2009 1:55:07 PM

1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Day 13.

39.gif
I don''t want to rub it in but i found a nest with 10 eggs in earlier.....
27.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 2:35:35 PM

1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Day 13.

39.gif
27.gif
Wow, that was some find. I hope our girls can manage anything close to that when they are ready!

I am super jealous.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2009 4:01:58 PM

Date: 5/14/2009 2:35:35 PM

1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Day 13.

39.gif
27.gif
Wow, that was some find. I hope our girls can manage anything close to that when they are ready!

I am super jealous.
T''was! Never mind, once they get going you will be snowed under with eggeths!
30.gif
You will be able to have some delicious soldiers
18.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Back for my daily dose of the thread that is

"The Great Egg Watch of 2009!"

Nothin'' yet, huh?

Darn these lazy buggers.....
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
What do you mean no eggs! Don''t they know that''s their job!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hello Grace & April 20,

It is so egg-citing isn''t it. I cannot wat until I can post a pic of a little eggie and the proud mamma hens!

Whooooo hooooo

Lore: I am downloading as we speak!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2009 4:30:47 PM
Hello Grace & April 20,

It is so egg-citing isn''t it. I cannot wat until I can post a pic of a little eggie and the proud mamma hens!

Whooooo hooooo

Lore: I am downloading as we speak!
11.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
F5....................

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 4:15:15 PM
Steel, if you click here this will make your chickies lay some eggs!
3.gif

hehehe.....

It took a..g..e..s to download and was not in the least bit instructional....
29.gif

In fact, what bloody use is that video? Not once did I see an egg, a chicken laying an egg or even a chicken near an egg. How will that help my girls? And I was disturbed by the chicken ''eating'' a toddler. What message will that give my hens? I shudder to think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results