shape
carat
color
clarity

Edwardian Black Opal and Diamond Ring

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
Stunning, I hope you enjoy it for many years!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, ItsMainlyYou! Are you in Maine? I love Maine and spent many summers there. We even spent part of our honeymoon there on our way to Cape Breton Island.

I am:praise:!
I'm jealous because I've never been all the way up to Cape Breton Island. We need to go 'upta' NS!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like most PSers, I love looking through Etsy, EBay and Instagram (best escape ever.). For the most part, it’s just looking, but every once in a while I find something that I just can’t resist. I came across this ring, and it took my breath away. I really have no business owning an opal, since it is the jewelry equivalent of white pants, but it had me at hello. I don’t know a lot about opals, but I’m pretty sure that this is a black opal from Lightning Ridge in Australia. It is estimated to have been made somewhere between 1910-1920, the opal is about 2 carats and it’s set in platinum. The colors it displays are amazing! Unfortunately there wasn’t any sun today, and there probably won’t be any until May lol, so the pictures don’t do it justice, but I’m totally mesmerized by it.

This is breathtaking.... both of them! :kiss2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is probably the most stunning opal ring I have ever seen. Wow!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh.....WOW! This is truly beautiful!

Enjoy!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! :kiss2: Your two rings are perfect together:love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring. Congrats!!! You also have a stunning diamond ring

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s stunning!! And I love the “white pants” analogy, spot on and made me chuckle.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
This is what I call simply beautiful!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
This is dreamy!! Enjoy your new opal!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very nice.
Yes, a great quality Australian black Opal. It has the all important red flashes!
Stunning setting as well, my favourite for framing a stunning opal.
Not suitable for everyday wear doing everyday tasks but definitely a ring for special and not so special occasions.
Black Opal is the most stable opal type, just don’t store in a hot dry place or loosely with other gemstones.
No ultrasonic or chemical cleaners, just a soft toothbrush and a dab of liquid soap. To polish the metal, using a “silver cloth” is suitable. Dont use any liquid type metal cleaners though.
if the ring needs resizing / repair ensure the bench has handled Opals before, no torch, no pickling.
enjoy her.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!! I just love opals and yours is a stunner!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
How mesmerising! I absolutely love opals as they remind me of the Northern Lights & I find them hypnotic.

Enjoy this utterly beautiful ring! I expect you'll spot something new in there every day!

That’s a great analogy! It’s just so fun to watch all the colors swirling around. I’m so glad that you like it! Thanks for the compliments =)2

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Very very nice.
Yes, a great quality Australian black Opal. It has the all important red flashes!
Stunning setting as well, my favourite for framing a stunning opal.
Not suitable for everyday wear doing everyday tasks but definitely a ring for special and not so special occasions.
Black Opal is the most stable opal type, just don’t store in a hot dry place or loosely with other gemstones.
No ultrasonic or chemical cleaners, just a soft toothbrush and a dab of liquid soap. To polish the metal, using a “silver cloth” is suitable. Dont use any liquid type metal cleaners though.
if the ring needs resizing / repair ensure the bench has handled Opals before, no torch, no pickling.
enjoy her.

Thank you do much for all the great information, Bron357!! You have been very helpful since I know nothing about opals other than they are delicate. Your expertise is much appreciated!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring. Congrats!!! You also have a stunning diamond ring

Thank you very much for both compliments , Acinom! I am really happy with my new engagement ring.=)2

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
It’s stunning!! And I love the “white pants” analogy, spot on and made me chuckle.

Hi kgizo:wavey:
I don’t think I’ve ever owned a pair of white pants. I know myself too well.
I’m glad that you like the opal!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I AM SO JEALOUS!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results