Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Edwardian Black Opal and Diamond Ring

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Like most PSers, I love looking through Etsy, EBay and Instagram (best escape ever.). For the most part, it’s just looking, but every once in a while I find something that I just can’t resist. I came across this ring, and it took my breath away. I really have no business owning an opal, since it is the jewelry equivalent of white pants, but it had me at hello. I don’t know a lot about opals, but I’m pretty sure that this is a black opal from Lightning Ridge in Australia. It is estimated to have been made somewhere between 1910-1920, the opal is about 2 carats and it’s set in platinum. The colors it displays are amazing! Unfortunately there wasn’t any sun today, and there probably won’t be any until May lol, so the pictures don’t do it justice, but I’m totally mesmerized by it.

Attachments

rcjtraveler

Shiny_Rock
Like most PSers, I love looking through Etsy, EBay and Instagram (best escape ever.). For the most part, it’s just looking, but every once in a while I find something that I just can’t resist. I came across this ring, and it took my breath away. I really have no business owning an opal, since it is the jewelry equivalent of white pants, but it had me at hello. I don’t know a lot about opals, but I’m pretty sure that this is a black opal from Lightning Ridge in Australia. It is estimated to have been made somewhere between 1910-1920, the opal is about 2 carats and it’s set in platinum. The colors it displays are amazing! Unfortunately there wasn’t any sun today, and there probably won’t be any until May lol, so the pictures don’t do it justice, but I’m totally mesmerized by it.

Gorgeous :kiss2::kiss2: I wouldn’t be able to resist either. Wear it in good health.

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubba hubba -
This is gorgeous!!
I can see why it called to you.
:love:
If you say your pictures don’t do it justice - I just cannot imagine.....wow!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Opals can be so magical! I have been smitten before, as well.. it's stunning!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really amazing!

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, as always, @iluvcarats. Your collection is flawless and this is no exception.

Congratulations on another beautiful piece.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hubba hubba -
This is gorgeous!!
I can see why it called to you.
:love:
If you say your pictures don’t do it justice - I just cannot imagine.....wow!

Thanks for the compliments, Rfisher! The colors are constantly moving and changing- it always looks different. Hopefully I’ll get a sunny day soon.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is INCREDIBLE! Lol I love your “white pants” comment, haha! where did you get this lovely from?

Hi Sprinkles&Stones! I found it on Etsy, and it came from an antique shop in Italy. I never wear white pants! I’ll either stain them or turn them gray in the laundry. I’ll have to be extra careful with this opal.

Alex T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How mesmerising! I absolutely love opals as they remind me of the Northern Lights & I find them hypnotic.

Enjoy this utterly beautiful ring! I expect you'll spot something new in there every day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! Wear in good health and colorlicious joy!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations 21/22
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations 21/22
    Top Luxury Classic Pieces
    Top Luxury Classic Pieces
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.