shape
carat
color
clarity

East west / sideways oval e-ring project! ...Possibly with halo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! Coming out of lurkdom to get ideas for my e-ring :) I'm in love with sideways / east west ovals and am trying to figure out the right setting. I absolutely adore halos and thought that a east west oval halo ring would be the perfect solution...but I think I need to get the proportions just right. I'm also looking at unique regular bezel settings too.

Anyway, I realize there's a couple threads on sideways ovals, even one on halos, but I've been having fun making mock-ups of rings in Photoshop and wanted to share and maybe get some feedback!

Related threads:
Pics of halos set east-west
Stuck looking for oval setting east west
Halo/frame settings for 2ct. oval

To start, a mockup of the Ritani Endless love, set East West. I like the Ritani no-prong-halo approach, but I sort of think the ring would look better if the center stone was somewhat bigger in relation to the width of the halo. Thoughts?

ritani_halo_eastwest.jpg

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
In this case I rotated the very lovely ring of halopugsmomma from another thread. Unfortunately can't find the link anymore.

I don't know if the mockup came out very well. The shape doesn't look clearly oval this way, more of a slightly off round. It doesn't do credit to how lovely the original was, certainly. However it does showcase an example of the stone being slightly larger compared to the halo, which I do like.

halospugsmomma_alt.jpg

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
This ring is getting pretty close to perfect for me - I found this in January, somewhere in pricescope but can''t remember where. Does anyone have any guesses on carat size for the below ring? I''m really bad at that. My ring size is about 6.25.

oval_ering_bezel2.jpg

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
One more fun idea mocked up - this is a Ritani Romantique band with just a half-bezel east west oval. I love fancy, engraved bands - am considering that as a (less expensive) alternative to a full pave band/shank.

ritani_romantique_tapered_oval2.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! I think with this idea (E/W halo oval) you definitily need to go with a longer/thinner oval
rather than a fatter/shorter oval.

I like the one you like the best!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I like the ritani one better than the other one but both are beautiful. The ritani one shows off the oval shape much better I think.
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The ritani one is a dream! So beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results