shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo/frame settings for 2ct. oval?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''m looking for photos of rings with a halo/frame design for a 2ct. oval diamond. I''d also consider something floral/marguerite style...prongs or bezel... East-West too. Thanks! - Kayla

ovalpav.jpg

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
The only halo setting I know of is the one by Etienne Perret, but you probably already know about that one. And it''s got no little diamonds around the stone.

But your project sounds divine!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Like this?

ovalset.jpg
ovalset2.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
That''s cool! who makes it?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
JB Star-
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
18.gif
18.gif

RTD-0984-61040.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Precision Set

7980.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Gregg Ruth

458_large.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This oval is not in a halo setting, but I love it!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Judith Conway

04.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Eli Jewels

md_02.jpg

md_06.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Gee, I really like the one you posted first!
1.gif

x-raylucy

Rough_Rock
I agree with Jennifer, I LOVE the one you first posted! That''s a Goddess of a ring I tell ya! Simple, elegant, and with a flair of eccentricity...hard to describe!
emsmilep.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
These pics are all so lovely. Here is an oval in the east-west direction, split shank, from www.adwar.com.
30.gif

DiamondLil

adwarovalsplitshank.jpg

Kayla:

You might consider sending that first photo over to whiteflash. (If you decide you want to get a quote from them, call them first and get a contact person''s email address.)

Whiteflash just reset my ring and did a beautiful job. They were also much less expensive then my local jeweler.

Smiles, Mary

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yum, yum, yum--I love them all!! Now I want an oval again!!!!! (help me......)

BTW, someone had the nicest bezel set oval/diamond ring for their avatar--but for the life of me I cannot recall who....(call it brain freeze if you like--it is -31 degree C here...)

cheers--Sharon

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness!! Thank you! Such gorgeous ideas! 
18.gif
36.gif

I saw a colored stone ring somewhere that had an oval set in a squarish pave halo too. kinda Vegas-y (YG)but it was interesting. Will try to find and post.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I love bezels too, but more for colors. Some random jpegs of colored oval rings.  The lower right is similar to what I described above.

Doesn''t someone here have a RB in a squarish setting?

aaargh. i''m so confussed. i don''t know *what* i want. too many choices maybe.

more ovals copie.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adwar ring''s big brother ... you like ?
2.gif
I know I do!

r118-05W.jpg

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried Whitney Boin? He doesn''t currently list anything for that stone in his catalog, but he may be willing to work with you to do something different. As well, so would Etienne Perret...

29V13.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the fab suggestions! I finally went with a custom ring from a local jeweler. It''s 18k YG, a good mix of vintage-y without being too fussy(i hope!). The pave'' frame is actually squarish(much like the tourmaline ring photo above) instead of oval!

Also there are little(2 mm) RBs running down the shank(underside is plain band). I seriously considered sapphires for this but the neutral color of diamonds won out. I talked to the jeweler today and it should be finished by the end of next week!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh that sounds fabulous. Don''t forget to post pics!
Tell us about this 2ct Oval.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
It's GIA 2.05 H VS2, 63.2%depth 59%table, no fluor. premium cut,...'fat' - under the 1.30ratio like 1.26 l/w r maybe a bit 'rovally'(I think i read Ana/Valeria call fat oval rovals and I loved that. LOL!)... no bowtie. unset at least. I've read about them appearing after the diamond is set???!! i hope not.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 10:46:37 PM
Author: sevens one
Judith Conway

04.jpg
3.gif
oooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo.........................

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2005 6:23:22 PM
Author: valeria101
Adwar ring's big brother ... you like ?
2.gif
I know I do!

r118-05W.jpg
Wouldn't it be neat if the bottom of the two rings didn't touch and you were able to pop in a band between the two? Then you could wear it both ways...
3.gif

Kaylagee- it sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see it! You must post hand pics when you get it home
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 8
6.gif
7:23 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Date: 1/14/2005 6:23:22 PM
Author: valeria101
Adwar ring''s big brother ... you like ?
2.gif
I know I do!

r118-05W.jpg
Wouldn''t it be neat if the bottom of the two rings didn''t touch and you were able to pop in a band between the two? Then you could wear it both ways...
3.gif

Kaylagee- it sounds beautiful! Can''t wait to see it! You must post hand pics when you get it home
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

OMG- I just saw a ring like what you described in a bridal magazine.
I meant to write down the website. It had a blue stone in it. It was too cool.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 12:38:53 AM
Author: kaylagee
It''s GIA 2.05 H VS2, 63.2%depth 59%table, no fluor. premium cut,...''fat'' - under the 1.30ratio like 1.26 l/w r maybe a bit ''rovally''(I think i read Ana/Valeria call fat oval rovals and I loved that. LOL!)... no bowtie. unset at least. I''ve read about them appearing after the diamond is set???!! i hope not.

How long have you had this roval? Sounds gorgeous.
When will it be done????????
emcry.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
By the end of next week for the completed ring. We bought the roval just after the holidays here.

I finally bought a new digital camera yesterday so I''m prepared and on the edge of my seat! Dh went back to Paris for work so I''ll have to send him photos too. Ds and I are visiting my parents for a few more weeks.

I thought I was the only person who still looked at bridal magaizines for the jewelry! The February bridal issue of Town and Country has some gorgeous pieces. I like the Vera Wang rings much better than her dresses. On the cover, the model is wearng the most amazing diamond and moonstone necklace(Fred Leighton). it''s soo dreamy. Sigh. the lust seems to never end.
41.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it, Kayla. I''m glad to hear there are still a few people (me included) that like yellow gold.
1.gif

DiamondLil

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Your new setting sounds scrumptious.

This is my 25th anniversary ring - oval sapphire with diamonds around - I love this style, it''s so classic.

25th anniversary ring[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results