shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo/frame settings for 2ct. oval?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm a bit nervous too since you only really know for sure when it's on your hand.

Lil, yes, for now it's seems that plat. and WG are the faves. I do think you can go more elaborate and diamond heavy with the white metal without it looking at all overdone. Also, the white metals can make smaller diamonds look larger since there's no break in the color, just a nice white flash from metal to stone.

YG seems to be another creature entirely. I do love it best(rose gold second). It's cheerful, warm and it loves my skin. When I try on my mom's(white metal with whiter diamonds) jewelry I can hear a 'clunk', 'thud', the pieces are just dead on me.

BP I love your sapphire diamond ring! I think that's what I'd love to have next. Of course that's waaay in the future.

stick a fork in - i'm done for now.

edited to clarifiy colors of mom's jewelery

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2005 10:36:10 PM
Author: kaylagee

I do think you can go more elaborate and diamond heavy with the white metal without it looking at all overdone. .... When I try on my mom''s (YG) jeweley I can hear a ''clunk'', ''thud'', the pieces are just dead on me..
Well, yellow diamonds anyone ?
11.gif

4.gif

LINK

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
hadda go back and edit that my mom''s pieces are all plat, white gold and silver..hence the clash.

i''ve yet to try on a yellow(or any other fancy for that matter) diamond. I feel like they might just blend in/camouflage more on my skin and not really ''pop'' at all. hmmm, maybe that would depend on the setting and specific diamond color? I do love red garnets and bright blue sapphires!

ana, amazing ring w/ that ruby!(it''s like a garnet that''s been plugged into an electrical socket LOL)! i love cherrypicked.com!
3.gif
18.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
aaaaaaaiiiiiiiieeee she said tommorrow it should be in. it came in monday but she said one of the side stones was not secure enough. ulp. so she sent it back. she says i''m going to be knocked out by it & that it''s beautiful. aargh! gotta sleep. gotta rest.

37.gif
41.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 8:30:54 AM
Author: sevens one

Date: 1/26/2005 8
6.gif
7:23 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Date: 1/14/2005 6:23:22 PM
Author: valeria101
Adwar ring''s big brother ... you like ?
2.gif
I know I do!

r118-05W.jpg
Wouldn''t it be neat if the bottom of the two rings didn''t touch and you were able to pop in a band between the two? Then you could wear it both ways...
3.gif

Kaylagee- it sounds beautiful! Can''t wait to see it! You must post hand pics when you get it home
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

OMG- I just saw a ring like what you described in a bridal magazine.
I meant to write down the website. It had a blue stone in it. It was too cool.
Get out of here! Really?! That is too cool! Can you post it when you find it again? I would love to see that!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 3:51:28 AM
aaaaaaaiiiiiiiieeee she said tommorrow it should be in. it came in monday but she said one of the side stones was not secure enough. ulp. so she sent it back. she says i''m going to be knocked out by it & that it''s beautiful. aargh! gotta sleep. gotta rest.

37.gif
41.gif
OMG, I so can''t wait! I don''t know if I would be able to sleep!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
woohoo can''t wait to see this baby!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Bad news first...

The prongs are an absolute disaster and I'm starting to doubt the jeweler's sanity for letting this out of her shop. It is also a lot higher set than I wanted.
39.gif
38.gif
40.gif
So, this one is defintely going back to the OR.

Good news is that I love everything else. So, I'm hoping that the diamond can be lowered and the prongs sobered-up.

While it's here, l'll try to post some of the horror and the beauty.

P2120018_2.JPG

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
14.gif

P2120017_2.JPG

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

withband2.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

kindablurry.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
my nails are part of the horror
10.gif

eeek.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

onlaptop.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
last for now...

dryhands.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 5:31:10 PM
Bad news first...

The prongs are an absolute disaster and I''m starting to doubt the jewelers sanity for letting this out of her shop. It is also a lot higher set than I wanted.
39.gif
38.gif
40.gif
So, this one is defintely going back to the OR.

Good news is that I love eveything else. So, I''m hoping that the diamond can be lowered and the prongs sobered-up.

While it''s here, l''ll try to post some of the horror and the beauty.
Oh Kaylagee, I''m so sorry. I can see what you mean - the prongs do look lop-sided. It''s such a pity because the ring itself looks very pretty.

Do let us know what happens when you get back to the jeweller.

BTW I love your wedding band!
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaylagee,
First I have to say that''s a beautiful design. I do see exactly what you''re saying about the prongs. They definetly need to be fixed. I love your wedding band, hopefully this can fixed without too much trouble. Setting the stone lower should''nt be a problem. All in all it''s going to be a beautiful set. Good luck!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks BP & Kaleigh! I've been trying not to get too upset over it. I'll update after I talk to the jeweler Tuesday. Her assistant helped me the other day and I tried to point these things out to her but she seemed clueless. Flattering but clueless. (She oohed and aahed but then acted a bit as if I was being spoiled and picky for noticing these leaning, curved, and uneven prongs!) grrr.

We also had ds(toddler!) in tow so, no time to wait to speak with the owner. I should have left it there anyway. sigh.

oh well. Will keep y'all posted.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh My Kay! What a custom setting. I love how it matches your band.
Sorry about the prongs. Let''s hope she sets things straight for you. It''s beautiful.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments Sevens!

It''s so hard to finally decide on a setting and then you want it to be perfect(or at least nearly perfect). sigh.

My mom says I should take it in to her favorite store to be adjusted instead. She said that if the first shop had the ability to set it properly they would have. She now has me nervous that they''ll make it worse. Kinda like the Michael Jackson of rings.
40.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Kaylagee, once these rings get their prong job it will be splendid looking! I''m so used to seeing white metals that when I saw yellow my eyes had pleased sensation. Pure elegance. I hope the prong issue gets taken care of promptly for you.
29.gif
Yes, I tend to wonder why they let it out of the shop.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, how pretty!
36.gif
I love the design! But I do see that the prongs are messed up. That''s odd that they would let it go like that...Hope she get''s it fixed for you soon.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results