shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring jackets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please show me your jackets -- diamond or otherwise, dangling or otherwise.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumpity, bump bump -- looking for inspiration.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget has some beauties. I would do a search for her threads.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I know that widget has some jackets and that she had them made by diamonds by Lauren in NYC...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll check that out. Thanks!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/earring-dangle-pics-for-islanddreams.25765/

I''m sure she will reply herself, but I really think these that lop has are very unique.
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Pyramid! I''ll be getting my first jackets soon.
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, but they are not quite me.
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. Sorrry, I missed this thread until now. Here are two pictures of my sapphire & diamond earring jackets. The top diamond is my stud.

EarJacketSapp2a.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hope this helps.
1.gif

EarJacketSapp3a.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 1:45:10 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hope this helps.
1.gif
Yes, it does. Darling Starry always comes through for me!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
As you all know, I''m fixated on this pair of earrings:
http://www.harrywinston.com/go.php/d_Jewels/d03_Earrings,Single-Loop

Since I now have studs, I''m thinking of having the bottom portion made as a jacket (significantly cheaper than the whoe HW package). That way, I can use it with my diamonds, my pearls (when they are found), as well as future gemstone studs. What do you think?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is a good plan.

So you would make the outer piece, with room for the post of whatever you want to go through? sounds great...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, the jacket will be just like the HW earring minus the top stud.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is a great idea, and very versatile!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF wants me to wait for the HWs, but I think I''m leaning towards the jackets.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long is he talking about? I think your idea is better, more versatile, and I have said all along those HW ones do not do much for me. I would take them (I am not an idiot!) BUT they are not over the top incredible and you can do so much more with the idea you have.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. Now I wonder where you got that idea from?? Hmm....
20.gif

I remember suggesting the HW'esque jackets and studs to you way back when you were thinking of wearing the HW's to work, so naturally I think it's a GREAT idea!
2.gif

I do have some thoughts for you when you actually undetake the design. Having been through the process with my sapphire jackets, I have a few suggestions.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
He won't say. Men.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:32:34 PM
Hi Harriet. Now I wonder where you got that idea from?? Hmm....
20.gif

I remember suggesting the HW'esque jackets and studs to you way back when you were thinking of wearing the HW's to work, so naturally I think it's a GREAT idea!
2.gif

I do have some thoughts for you when you actually undetake the design. Having been through the process with my sapphire jackets, I have a few suggestions.
1.gif
Hmm, did the Stars inspire me?
Do make your suggestions.
1.gif
Do you think WF is up to the task? LM will cost me an arm and a leg.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:34:20 PM
Author: Harriet
DF,

He won''t say. Men.
2.gif

Could you ASK him?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did. Ms. Harriet is a persistent one. The reason he wants to hold out for the HWs is that he himself finds them special, which is really sweet. I do think I'll get more use out of the jackets though. He's also sweet in that he wants any jewellery to be presents from him.
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:37:14 PM
Author: Harriet
Hmm, did the Stars inspire me?
Do make your suggestions.
1.gif
Do you think WF is up to the task?
2.gif
I''ve entrusted WF with my making my necklace for my pear, but I haven''t seen the finished product yet, so I can''t say Harriet.

Their turnaround time seemed reasonable and I feel I''m communicating fairly easily with them about design ideas, so, so far so good.

The most important things to consider when designing the attachment are clearances and where you want the jacket to sit relative to the stud. For me, it was important that the stones be flush with one another looking front-view and from the side view. I had to give my studs to the jeweler so the jacket post could be sized and placed exactly right.

While my studs were in the jeweler''s possession, I was sure to get something in writing stating that the jeweler had them and what the value of the diamonds were. I made sure to inspect the studs when I dropped them off and when I picked them up. I made sure they would be covered by the jeweler''s insurance if anything bad happened while in their possession.

This sounds like a great project Harriet! I think you will be able to get bigger jackets too for the price you would have paid for the medium size earrings.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 11:49:03 PM

I''ve entrusted WF with my making my necklace for my pear, but I haven''t seen the finished product yet, so I can''t say Harriet.

Their turnaround time seemed reasonable and I feel I''m communicating fairly easily with them about design ideas, so, so far so good.

The most important things to consider when designing the attachment are clearances and where you want the jacket to sit relative to the stud. For me, it was important that the stones be flush with one another looking front-view and from the side view. I had to give my studs to the jeweler so the jacket post could be sized and placed exactly right.

While my studs were in the jeweler''s possession, I was sure to get something in writing stating that the jeweler had them and what the value of the diamonds were. I made sure to inspect the studs when I dropped them off and when I picked them up. I made sure they would be covered by the jeweler''s insurance if anything bad happened while in their possession.

This sounds like a great project Harriet! I think you will be able to get bigger jackets too for the price you would have paid for the medium size earrings.
When will your necklace be done? I''d like to hear what you think of their craftsmanship before I go ahead. Plus, I''d like you to have it asap.
36.gif
You''re right -- the people at WF are great to work with.

Re flushness: I''m in complete agreement. In fact, it was brought to my attention by WF themselves.

I have a quote from WF for jackets in proportion to my studs, which is significantly less than the cost of the HWs. I don''t know the tcw yet, but will report once I do.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF''s jackets will weigh 2 carats. The HW earrings, uppermost studs and all, weigh 1.54 carats.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hello!
35.gif

So you like the loop look? How about pave figure eights with the stud in the smaller top loop and the lower loop larger? I think I saw something similar in a W Jewelry once? Or was it fashion mag??? No idea... It''s try to draw it, but ack! how long do you like them to hang?? You could have a gemstone pop into place into the bottom loop, they they are twice as convertable...??

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for chipping in. The design you''re describing sounds interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results