shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring jackets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 8:00:44 AM
Author: Harriet
When will your necklace be done? I'd like to hear what you think of their craftsmanship before I go ahead. Plus, I'd like you to have it asap.
36.gif
You're right -- the people at WF are great to work with.
Re flushness: I'm in complete agreement. In fact, it was brought to my attention by WF themselves.
I have a quote from WF for jackets in proportion to my studs, which is significantly less than the cost of the HWs. I don't know the tcw yet, but will report once I do.
Hi Harriet. I'm not sure when the necklace will be done. The pear went to GIA for certification, so that's one moving part. The clasp design is another moving part. Just so long as I have it by the time I leave for my wedding, that's fine.

If the quote from WF is significantly less, maybe they can be made bigger!
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry that I can''t be of help with your clasp. I''m a newbie to all this jewellery business, you know.
2.gif

Nah, I don''t want the loops to be any bigger and therefore out of proportion with my studs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2007 1:44:23 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet. Sorrry, I missed this thread until now. Here are two pictures of my sapphire & diamond earring jackets. The top diamond is my stud.
Starry, what size diamond is the stud?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

I am not sure if I can be of any help, not having made any jackets myself. Actually, I am currently waiting for DBL to get back to me with the yellow pears so i can have them made into jackets for my studs. I think I''ll have to ask you for help then. The only thing I think I can possibly contribute is that the length of the jackets probably cannot be too long, given yr bob. If you like the HW earrings, perhaps the jackets can be made of abt the same length, but bear in mind yr current studs are bigger than the top parts of the HW earrings, right? You''re right to say that the jackets must be in proportion with yr studs.

Would it be possible perhaps for you to make paper replicas of what you imagine your earrings (studs plus jackets) would look like and try to stick them on yr ears to see how they hang? I''ve found it extremely hard to imagine what earrings would suit me and my long hair (as well as their intended purpose) and have therefore literally tried on several dozens of earrings at local B&M stores before I found the pair that I thought would be perfect.

What do you want these earrings (studs plus jackets) for? Evening wear? Day wear? Special occasions? That might dictate the exact style and length. Just my 2 cents.

(BTW, have you found yr pearl earrings yet? I''ve just discovered that my platinum neckchain and pearl pendant with diamonds have gone missing. Not sure if I should ask my DW - I''ve had no reason to doubt her honesty, but it''s so strange!
33.gif
.)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS,
Are you still thinking about shrinking your studs?!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 8:55:40 AM
Author: lienTN
Harriet,

I am not sure if I can be of any help, not having made any jackets myself. Actually, I am currently waiting for DBL to get back to me with the yellow pears so i can have them made into jackets for my studs. I think I''ll have to ask you for help then. The only thing I think I can possibly contribute is that the length of the jackets probably cannot be too long, given yr bob. If you like the HW earrings, perhaps the jackets can be made of abt the same length, but bear in mind yr current studs are bigger than the top parts of the HW earrings, right? You''re right to say that the jackets must be in proportion with yr studs.

Would it be possible perhaps for you to make paper replicas of what you imagine your earrings (studs plus jackets) would look like and try to stick them on yr ears to see how they hang? I''ve found it extremely hard to imagine what earrings would suit me and my long hair (as well as their intended purpose) and have therefore literally tried on several dozens of earrings at local B&M stores before I found the pair that I thought would be perfect.

What do you want these earrings (studs plus jackets) for? Evening wear? Day wear? Special occasions? That might dictate the exact style and length. Just my 2 cents.

(BTW, have you found yr pearl earrings yet? I''ve just discovered that my platinum neckchain and pearl pendant with diamonds have gone missing. Not sure if I should ask my DW - I''ve had no reason to doubt her honesty, but it''s so strange!
33.gif
.)
Hi Lien,
I''ll know more when WF gives me the length of the loops. Maybe I can make loops from wire and dangle it from my studs!
I want these earrings for my wedding and general evening wear.
No.
5.gif
And we have turned the place inside out plus asked the housekeeper to hunt. Thankfully, they are not too expensive. Hope you find your stuff. Soon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s an excellent idea!

In that case, you can afford to make them a bit bigger and a bit more blingy!! I am all for blingy bling!!
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you and I hope you find yrs too (mine are not too expensive either but they are very sentimental, one was part of a present from hubby and the other from a close friend..
8.gif
).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
All,

Jackets or the HW earrings?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both
11.gif
!!! Only kidding!! he he!!
3.gif
1.gif

From my own selfish point of view, I want you to go for the jackets, so I can get some ideas off you later
11.gif

But I have always loved the HW earrings!
30.gif

Does that help?

Probably not!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, doesn''t help.
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I hate to be counter here, but when faced with an undetermined custom project or a pair of signed well-liked earrings, I would go with the HW.

Like I said, if you had determined exactly what you want them to look like and were specific I would certainly go custom! BUT, the fact that you really seem to be mimicing the HW, just says you really want THOSE, and for some reason you feel you need to incorporate your studs into this. You don't. That can be an anniversary project... Your wedding will not be the only place you will get dolled up, and the jackets, since they are customizeable, I would actually (eventually) get jackets with gemstones, like ruby or sapphires (like DF did!), so you can change the look of the stud entirely. The HW will always be classic, and to me, it seems a shame to just keep them in diamond, when jackets are meant to be fun and versatile...

Just my $1.50...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what, Harriet? Nicrez is absolutely spot-on!

There is your answer!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
Maybe my subconscious does want those darn earrings afterall. The other half is in agreement with you, btw.
On the other hand, those ACAs are simply stunning.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You go girl!!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um, which way?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HW for the time being!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re going on an expensive cruise this summer. Unfortunately, I can''t have both the HWs and the cruise. DF, on the other hand, might endorse the jackets since they cost a lot less.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
My take (again). A signed piece is not always in production, right? They make styles but sometimes they stop. If you REALLY like them, and you will know more than any of us, then carpe diem! BUT, a customized set of jackets will always be there, and IMHO I don''t see WF going anywhere with the ACAs. Not with PS around! LOL So it''s the quality you like, that will remain for you when you need it. BUT, the HW is the STYLE you want, and that does not always remain.

I speak out of bitterness. I have had two PERFECT Hermes scarves go out of production. My favorite body lotion and body powder, ended. Countless lipliners and suits I like, production finished. A coat I have adored for YEARS and hunted down from store to store (never in my size) had gone under. My favorite cigarettes (which I smoke on ocassion) are now discontinued.

Life is fleeting Harriet!

Consumer goods come and go, and if you like something, it must be purchased or forgotten, or you will live a bitter and angry shopping existance, like me...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Are these earring a WANT or NEED? Cruise sounds nice... Maybe a little Asian bargaining would help! ;-) (see I made a horrible stereotypical remark...)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 10:37:21 AM
Author: Nicrez
My take (again). A signed piece is not always in production, right? They make styles but sometimes they stop. If you REALLY like them, and you will know more than any of us, then carpe diem! BUT, a customized set of jackets will always be there, and IMHO I don''t see WF going anywhere with the ACAs. Not with PS around! LOL So it''s the quality you like, that will remain for you when you need it. BUT, the HW is the STYLE you want, and that does not always remain.

I speak out of bitterness. I have had two PERFECT Hermes scarves go out of production. My favorite body lotion and body powder, ended. Countless lipliners and suits I like, production finished. A coat I have adored for YEARS and hunted down from store to store (never in my size) had gone under. My favorite cigarettes (which I smoke on ocassion) are now discontinued.

Life is fleeting Harriet!

Consumer goods come and go, and if you like something, it must be purchased or forgotten, or you will live a bitter and angry shopping existance, like me...
Lol. Do you think the HWs will be around in December?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear! Then I really can''t help, sorry!
8.gif
. You have to make whatever choice you''re able to and comfortable with at the moment. But look at it on the bright side, you''re getting a cruise and an ACA set of jackets (if that''s what you decide)! Not so shabby (like my DH would say,
1.gif
).

After the cruise, the jackets, the wedding, the honeymoon, not to mention all the other stuff you''ve already got, you can then start to save up for the HW...it will give you something else to look forward too, right?
2.gif

I HAVE to see this impressive collection when you''re back in S''pore! he he!!
3.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, here''s an idea! How abt putting down a deposit at HW so that they''d keep a pair for you until you''re ready to part with your hard-earned cash. Would they be willing to do that?

Nicrez, no you''re right! It''s actually a compliment! I am British when I want to be but when it comes to bargaining, I turn all Asian, LOL
9.gif
11.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nah, either the HWs or the jackets, not both. Must be prudent. What "impressive collection?"

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jackets NOW, woman! HW later!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 10:39:24 AM
Author: Nicrez
Are these earring a WANT or NEED? Cruise sounds nice... Maybe a little Asian bargaining would help! ;-) (see I made a horrible stereotypical remark...)
Come on, I made that same remark yesterday.
2.gif
Is jewellery ever a need?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one you''ve already amassed, at the tender age of what 30-something!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 10:51:53 AM
The jackets NOW, woman! HW later!
1.gif
Can I count on a fat wedding ang pow from you?
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 10:52:54 AM
The one you''ve already amassed, at the tender age of what 30-something!
1.gif
I turned 32 this month, which makes the diamond my birthstone!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wedding ang pow, yes! Not sure abt fat though, or were you talking about me??!! he he.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have 4.75 fingers. How fat can you possibly be?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results