shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring Diamonds w/ 2 Prongs

gemsandmore

Rough_Rock
I just got these diamond huggies. Each diamond is held in by 2 PRONGS ONLY.

Will the diamonds be SECURE??

_37352.jpg

_37353.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, I have no experience of this type of setting but it doesn't look very secure. That second diamond down looks like it could pop out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The main danger I can think of is if you drop them, they could easily chip if they overhang those baskets or perhaps come loose. I have seen single prong eternity bands so I guess they can be secure.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the setting heavy enough that there's no flexing or torquing when you open and close the earrings? My guess is that the diamonds are secure enough IF the front part of the earring isn't subject to any unusual stress when you put the earrings on or take them off. HOWEVER,

quote="Snowdrop13|1464423638|4037255"] That second diamond down looks like it could pop out.[/quote]

I agree - that middle stone doesn't look like it's centered properly. I'd take it to a good jeweler to see if that one stone can be centered - or, if you're still within the return period, exchange the earring for one that doesn't have this problem. If the setting isn't flimsy and you can't dislodge the stone with your fingers it's probably safe to wear, but it does look as if that stone might "pop out" if the earring is dropped or jostled, say in a jewelry case. Besides, it isn't as "eye clean" aesthetically as it could be. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results