shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Early birthday gift from mom! Diamonds, emeralds and lots of love!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My birthday is coming up in less than a month and this year it's more meaningful than ever! During the past year I had to deal with many challenges and finally things are looking up for me! I'm super excited to celebrate life and feel grateful for being healthy again!
The one person who is even more excited than me for my upcoming birthday is my mom! She had mentioned that she wanted to buy me something special for the occasion and she had been asking me what I'd like but I never answered! Finally, last night she called me and handed to me a leather jewelry box. Inside she had put a set of emerald and diamond ring and earrings, which was a gift to her from my father for their 30th wedding anniversary. She said that this was my early birthday gift!
Honestly, until this moment, I can't believe that she actually gave these pieces to me! I am delighted! They hold a great sentimental value for me, because I was present at the moment that my dad gave her this set. It was 25 years ago.....
The pieces have scratches and they need professional cleaning for sure. I hesitated to put them in my ultrasonic cleaner, because I know nothing about emeralds and I was worried that I might damage them. I have read here on PS that overall emeralds are soft and sensitive stones, so I'd rather take them to my jeweler, just to be on the safe side.
Even though the pieces are not clean and require polishing, I couldn't resist sharing them with my PS friends!
Here are some pictures:

IMG_20211114_192304.jpg IMG_20211114_192212.jpg 20211114_094748.jpg 20211114_094622.jpg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow gorgeous!! Love the matching set, and I love how much finger and ear coverage you get! Congrats and happy birthday :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHMYMYMY! I wasn't expecting such excitement for a Sunday morning! @Natylad these are such treasures and look gorgeous on you!!!! Lovely for your Mother to gift them to you!

Much health and happiness to you dear lady :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love that your mom gifted you with this beautiful emerald diamond set..A gift from your mom..which was purchased for her from your dad..Priceless!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful set! You have the most amazing & loving parents & these pieces look fabulous on you! I love how the diamonds are set, with little swishy claws :kiss2:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I am so happy for you! For so many reasons! Wear it in good health

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning set and they look wonderful on you. What a special and meaningful gift to celebrate your birthday and good health! Wishing you many years of enjoyment with these beauties.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad, Oh my gosh they are gorgeous!!! What a wonderful and meaningful gift. You and your family have so much to celebrate, be grateful for and appreciate. Mamabee said it best…. Priceless!

Happy Birthday!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on getting such a meaningful and lovely gift from your mom. It’s always extra special when it’s from Mom. Happy birthday and many more to come!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
How lovely. They are timeless pieces. Happy birthday.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set with so much love and meaning behind it. Wishing you many more healthy years!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How special - what a beautiful gift! Wear them in health and happiness for many years to come!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
So pretty and so touching! Enjoy and wear them in good health!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Those are very pretty and what a sweet thought for the gift. I really love a larger statement earring and you wear them well!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! So sweet of your Mom to want you to have them!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous and meaningful set!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! So special and sentimental, I’m feeling the love. Happiest of birthdays to you!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! There is nothing better than sentimental pieces passed on by loving family members.❤

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A huge thank you to all my dear PS friends, who have commented on my thread! So far it's been a hectic week for me and I couldn't even find the time to sign in!
I just wanted to add that this ring is competing with my ER!! I've been wearing it on my ring finger non-stop since my mom gave it to me and even though it's so big, it is extremely comfortable to wear! I really love it and enjoy it so far!!!
Thank you all so much again for the sweet comments!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My birthday is coming up in less than a month and this year it's more meaningful than ever! During the past year I had to deal with many challenges and finally things are looking up for me! I'm super excited to celebrate life and feel grateful for being healthy again!
The one person who is even more excited than me for my upcoming birthday is my mom! She had mentioned that she wanted to buy me something special for the occasion and she had been asking me what I'd like but I never answered! Finally, last night she called me and handed to me a leather jewelry box. Inside she had put a set of emerald and diamond ring and earrings, which was a gift to her from my father for their 30th wedding anniversary. She said that this was my early birthday gift!
Honestly, until this moment, I can't believe that she actually gave these pieces to me! I am delighted! They hold a great sentimental value for me, because I was present at the moment that my dad gave her this set. It was 25 years ago.....
The pieces have scratches and they need professional cleaning for sure. I hesitated to put them in my ultrasonic cleaner, because I know nothing about emeralds and I was worried that I might damage them. I have read here on PS that overall emeralds are soft and sensitive stones, so I'd rather take them to my jeweler, just to be on the safe side.
Even though the pieces are not clean and require polishing, I couldn't resist sharing them with my PS friends!
Here are some pictures:

IMG_20211114_192304.jpg IMG_20211114_192212.jpg 20211114_094748.jpg 20211114_094622.jpg

OMG how did I miss this. :kiss2: Stunning dear @Natylad just stunning! What a gorgeous and thoughtful gift! Wear in good health and lots of love. XOXO.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG how did I miss this. :kiss2: Stunning dear @Natylad just stunning! What a gorgeous and thoughtful gift! Wear in good health and lots of love. XOXO.

Thank you so much my dear @missy !!! You are so kind!!❤

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Oh my.. what a beautiful story and a stunning set! I'm sure each time you put them on it makes you smile. What a loving and thoughtful gift from your mom.
Jewelry given from the heart is extra special. Enjoy and be well! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a generous and beautiful gift from your mother @Natylad! These pieces look so perfect on you, like they were made for you. Very timeless and elegant. They are GORGEOUS! Congrats on JOTW. I'm so glad you are doing well health-wise too!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a generous and beautiful gift from your mother @Natylad! These pieces look so perfect on you, like they were made for you. Very timeless and elegant. They are GORGEOUS! Congrats on JOTW. I'm so glad you are doing well health-wise too!

Oh... @junebug17, my dear friend! Thank you so much! The truth is that my mom has mostly kept these pieces in the safety deposit box and hasn't worn them much during all those years! She always thought that they were...too big for her...especially the ring (not a Pricescoper obviously!!!). I think that their size is perfectly fine and I'm already wearing them and enjoying them a lot, which is what they deserve!!
I forgot to mention in my previous posts that these pieces were custom made by my family's jeweler, based on my dad's design. So overall I feel that they have a great significance to me!
Thank you again for your kind words!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results