shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring Solasfera Thibaudeau copy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Incisor

Rough_Rock
Hi Folks,

I am a newby at diamond, looking for an engagement ring for the last 3 months. I found Pricescope the 2nd week and it changed everything. I learned swo much by reading so many of your posts. I want to thank all of you.

After too many hesitations (I lost opportunities many times
38.gif
), I purchased a Solasfera .80ct F VS1. I wanted bigger with less clarity but could not find it in time. Even if I did not purchase from them, Good Olg Gold people were fantastic to help me in the process. I''ll look into their SquareC for my next purchase, promise Tim.

Measurements: 6.02 X 6.06 X 3.68 mm
Weight: 0.80
Proportions
Depth: 60.9%
Table: 55%
Crown angle: 33.2degree
Pavillon depth: 43.1%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Cutlet: None
Finish
Polish: Exc
Symmetry: Exc
Clarity Grade: VS1
Color Grade: F
Florescence: None
HCA estimate 0.7

For the setting, I was going to get the Champaigne from WF, but the GF friends said it was too much. My GF likes modern urban style (metal, angular) as I am more of a classic organic guy (wood, curves). Anyway, I found after 3 weeks of browsing the web a jeweler from my hometown ( Montréal) called C. Thibaudeau (see my avatar). I had to get a local (l.A.) jeweler make a smaller lower copy as my GF works with gloves. Not perfect but close enough.

I am proposing on Dec 22nd. Picking her at work (I had her staff book fake patients), fly her to Seattle where we met, eat at a highly praised restaurant in a private room for 2 with a private waiter, propose, sleep in an hotel suite, visit old places and fly back next day.

Again I want to thank you all for your unconscious help,
Dominic

dcote4.jpg

Incisor

Rough_Rock
Side view. I had the jeweler place the diamond very low, maybe too much as the floating effect is gone. But I prefer that she wears the ring instead of it looking good in the drawer.

dcote3.jpg

Incisor

Rough_Rock
Thanks Michelle,

I am glad you find the ring pretty. I know the setting will not please everyone because like you said it might be "artsy"
2.gif
but I wanted it simple and without prongs.

The restaurant in Seattle is called Canlis. I lived there 1 year but was too poor to eat at any such places, what I am saying, I am still too poor!!!

Dominic

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh Incisor, I like that setting very much. Very sleek, modern, and bold. And early congrats to you and your sweetheart!
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
oooh... don''t forget to post hand shots! Congrats!

Incisor

Rough_Rock
Thanks Leila and Kitty,

I forgot to mention the Jeweler place the inscription on the diamond within the platinum
29.gif

Does it interfere with insurance or appraisal?
Can the insciption be damaged?
I assumed he would look for it, he assume I would tell him about it...ahh fudge!!!

Dominic

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
very cool and nicely done. congrats and yes, please come back with the handshots
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it! What a super lovely ring! Congrats!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
the ring is BEAUTIFUL and the proposal sounds absolutely fantastic. Be sure to come back and let us know how it went (and with more pics
9.gif
)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
30.gif

I love the side view.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!!
30.gif
36.gif
Hand shots please when you get a chance??

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I L.O.V.E it...
i want something similar to that... it is really a beautiful setting!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It is GORGEOUS!!! It looks perfect!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful, congrats! Good Luck on the proposal, sounds perfect!
emlove.gif

Sorry-I have no idea about the inscription. I''m sure the experts on here will be able to help you out.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the ring!! Very sleek and modern!!!
30.gif

Hamster

Rough_Rock
What a cool ring!
36.gif
I don''t think the diamond is set too low either. Like you said, she has to wear it, so it needs to fit in with her lifestyle.
Do post some live handshots when you get them! I''m sure she''ll love it.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful. Try calling the person who set the diamond in the ring and see if something can be done.

shay

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s very lovely

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool ring! I love it! Good luck with the proposal and please post hand shots afterwards.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Noramlly I don''t like the look of more modern rings but I really like yours, it looks great. Good luck.

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
I adore modern styles and I love that ring!
30.gif
What a thoughtful proposal, also. Enjoy your weekend in the great Northwest! Sounds wonderful!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great sleek and modern ring. I love that you can see the profile of the diamond and all the better that it''s a low head if that''s what she needs and wants! Good luck on your proposal...it sounds tres romantic!!!

Incisor

Rough_Rock
Thank you all, I really appreciate your coments.
I''ll try to get hand shots, but my digital camera has limited capacities.
Oh, FireGoddess, it has to be tres romantic,I am french Canadian!!!
2.gif
Dominic

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVEI T! I think it''s set in just the right spot. Not too low. I don''t think it''s really necessary to get the inscription covered in the "prong" but if it means that much, do it. Mine''s exposed. I prefer it be so I can inspect it since Im a nutjob :)

Incisor

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ame,
For the inscription, I wanted the insciption to be visible but the jeweler set it under the metal!!! He didn''t know the diamond had an inscription!!! It doesn''t bothers me that much, but like you said, it''s nice to be able to check.
The jeweler also said it would be very difficult to reset the diamond; but he wants me to get my ring checked every 6 months to make sure it won''t fall
40.gif
Whatever...
Dominic

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it doesn''t matter if the inscription is covered, since it''s easily identifiable.

Incisor

Rough_Rock
If I want to purchase diamond studs in 1ct tw, does it make a difference if it is Solasfera or not?
Thanks,
Dom

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not necessarily but I would personally go with Solasfera''s so the sparkle matches. I think those stones are to die for.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous classy ring! I have a Claude Thibaudeau right hand ring and I love the sleek simplicity of it.

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I love vintage and/or very sleek and streamlined pieces, and would wear that in a heartbeat. She''ll love the form and appreciate the thought you put into how it will function for her.

Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results