shape
carat
color
clarity

e-ring reset/upgrade - help please!

pesce

Rough_Rock
Good morning PS'ers - after nearly 6 years of wedded bliss, I'm finally getting around to working on my e-ring. My hubby chose a beautiful stone (1.22 RB ideal cut H SI1) in a lovely setting - a simple WG with channel set diamonds ~ 3mm-ish. It's a lovely ring...juuust not my style. Of course, I was totally surprised by the proposal, and beyond thrilled to marry him (we eloped less than a month after the proposal!) that I never paid much attention to the ring. I've made an appointment to go back into the jeweler tomorrow to begin the process of re-styling, upgrading, not really sure what. I don't know what looks good on my hands (I have very small hands with short, kinda stubby fingers) so my aim is just to try on different styles and get ideas.

I've considered a three stone style, set very low, with sapphires. He was wearing a royal blue sweater the night we met, so I bought a wedding band with sapphires and diamonds, and we had his ring set with small sapphires and diamonds (it's super cool and tasteful) From what I've seen of the masterpieces on this website, I will probably source the stones elsewhere and have the jeweler make the setting. Or, I might go with diamond side stones...orr.....or....AAAAHHH!

My other concern is the center stone. I'm a bit ashamed to admit I'd like a little more finger coverage, but I do have an attachment to the stone. He selected this disco ball of awesome just for me, never breathing a word about it to anyone. I think that's kind of special. So I'm a little conflicted. :-o

We live in Chicago, and I'll be going to New York Jewelers (if anyone's had any experiences?) I wasn't exactly overwhelmed by the knowledge of the person who helped us when we came in to get the ring sized and pick out bands (I was a PS lurker/minimal poster back then as well, the poor sot had no idea...). However, I'm willing to give it another shot, because I believe they have a trade in program for upgrades and changes to the settings. When I brought up budget, he didn't really comment, except just "get what makes you happy." Uhm, ok, chief.

Anyhoo, thank you for reading my novella, and I would love any ideas, or thoughts about low settings for small hands. Bezels, split prongs, baskets, whatever! I so appreciate the knowledge that is given on this site - and I'm excited to begin!!!!! Hopefully I can figure out how to post pix (which I should have 6 years ago...buuuuut....I'm slow, and I've been busy being married to my dream dude, so there's that...)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would suggest clicking on "report concern" and having the mods move this thread to "Rocky Talk" where it will get more attention. :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven has a beautiful ring made by Burdeen's - I believe they are close to Chicago. I would try them as well.

pesce

Rough_Rock
Will do! thanks for the tip! Also, Burdeen's website looks really amazing. If things don't work out at NYJ, I will look them up!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go to IDJ in NY.

Also, if you like vintage styles go to Old World Diamonds. They have some really nice settings. Definitely worth investigating.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Think she means New York Jewelers in Chicago, not in New York.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, that makes more sense. Dimend Scaasi is also good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results