shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring re-set - honest opinions, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alloamie

Shiny_Rock
I really wanted a new look from my original e-ring. With my diamond upgrade year & years away, I decided to reset my e-ring to a david yurman-esque rope solitaire, similar to woobugs and some others I have seen posted on PS.

Well I just got pics back and need some honest opinions!
I had asked for an integrated basket, but looks like I got a peg setting. I spoke with the jeweler over the phone, telling him it looked nice, but it wasn''t what I had envisioned in my head at all. He said that he could alter it. We agreed for him to send me the current ring, and if I was unhappy - he''d take it back and fix it to my liking.

The jeweler said he designed it that way so that my w-band will sit flush. I understand that, but it isn''t what we discussed in the beginning, so i was very confused...i''ve never really seen a peg-set ring like this in person, so I didn''t want him to butcher the setting before I saw it in person. i''m not sure about the height of the ring - also the "stuck-on" look of the peg head bothers me...We''ll see how it looks IRL - I should have it early next week...

Ring details: 18K rose gold setting with platinum head. diamond is .56ct.

Side Angle.JPG

alloamie

Shiny_Rock
And a view from the front

Flat Angle.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring and diamond. I would give it a try and if it''s not what you like - have him redo in the way you originally requested.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the top it looks lovely. From the side it looks awkward, stuck on and slightly off straight. I would get a head that flows smoother to the band.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree, from the side view it does look awkward, like they just set it on there any old way. From the top, it looks nice. People are only going to see it from the top, so it is your decision if you want it re-done. Remember that it could come out worse though.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it from the top, it is really pretty!
But I agree with what has already been said about the profile. It might be ok, the pictures are magnified. I think that I would give it a try and see what you think
2.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
The prongs look a little big also (not sure if it''s just because of the pics.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:31:55 PM
Author: AprilBaby
From the top it looks lovely. From the side it looks awkward, stuck on and slightly off straight. I would get a head that flows smoother to the band.
Ditto!

I would try it out in person though, and if it''s not right- make them fix it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:23:14 PM
Author: icekid

Ditto!

I would try it out in person though, and if it''s not right- make them fix it!
Yup! You might really like how it sits with your band - give it a chance, and if it''s not doing it for you, have them change it.

alloamie

Shiny_Rock
I used the same jeweler (Quest) as PS screenname: BDJ. Her original post is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-cushion-solitaire-from-quest-engagement-rings-direct.58805/

But her pics aren''t up anymore, and all i could find was one pic of her e-ring in the "favorites" post.
Does anyone remember what the profile of hers looks like? I wonder if they made mine that way b/c hers was made the same way...

Attachments

• ropesolbdj.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 606

alloamie

Shiny_Rock
And I agree that the prongs look pretty big. I''m hoping that its just the pic. I asked for a delicate basket with claw prongs...

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
So far I think the prongs are too big. The rope is pretty, but I agree about integrating the head with the shank more.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
stick with your original plan. i can see where you''re heading - you''re just not quite there yet. should be *very* pretty however when you are.

good luck!

alloamie

Shiny_Rock
This is the first custom jewelry piece i''ve had made. Is it common to go back & forth with a jeweler until completely satisfied?
Quest was super accommodating & willing to work with me until I am happy with the final result. Makes it seem like custom pieces are never "perfect" from the start?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It''s a really cool looking ring! I agree that your original head idea would be better, but it''s always good to see it in person before you decide. Still very pretty though!

alloamie

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the pic I sent when we first started talking about the design (taken from LM''s site).
Do you think this will work? Split the shank, re-work the basket, then attach the shank to the bottom of the basket?
I''m sure it''s easier said than done...

Attachments

• LMsolsetting.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 599

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have a peg head on my ring. It was the advantage of allowing you to upgrade without changing your setting. I''ve already upgraded twice and
--if it''s in the cards--I may get a third upgrade out of this set
17.gif
My ring is in my avatar
2.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Ditto.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:42:48 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I love it from the top, it is really pretty!

But I agree with what has already been said about the profile. It might be ok, the pictures are magnified. I think that I would give it a try and see what you think
2.gif

I think seeing it in person can help you greatly in deciding how you feel about the ring. It made a big difference to me, anyhow! I can wholeheartedly see what you are concerned about, with the narrow shank and the head on top, but overall the ring is very pretty! Perhaps the overall slender effect would not be so nice if the head was integrated more fully into the shank of the ring...?

ETA: hmm, I've just seen the LM photo you posted, it seems that you have a clear (and feasible) view of how you would like the head to be integrated into the shank. I think your idea has a lot of merit!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree. I''d ask for a re-do if you aren''t happy with it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a lot to be said for allowing the weding band to sit close. Otherwise, your wedding band is going to hit the prongs and scratch them. I think it looks beautiful, and not all rings need teeny prong tips. My Leon prong tips are so tiny that they are almost invisible. So yours likely will look great in real life! I''d really live with it awhile before altering it, because there will be pros and cons.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I think it beautiful here is mine!!!! Are heads are very similar.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The style is beautiful when viewed from the top. The side is a bit odd, so I would have that redone.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo

IMG_001.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
My pictures from whiteflash

Ronda208.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I too love Yurman..... My ring has a little pad the head sits on. I love the rose colored roping.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your ring is really beautiful. What band are you wearing with it.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea from woobug02 (still love your gorgeous oval!!) Here are some pictures of Yurman bridals. Head on, your ring longs very much like the original, good work!

Attachments

• davidyurman9453465424.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 595

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a profile pic of another bridal, you can sort of see how they set the basket here.

davidyurman125456545.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results