shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW E is for an Edwardian Escheresque Three Stone

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT'S a ring with character! And with a past. :bigsmile:

She's lovely! An excellent addition, @lulu_ma!

Thank you @mrs-b! You know I adore your collection so I take your words as a high compliment :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week, I found an Edwardian ring with the most unusual square cut center that I have ever seen. It has the make of a carre cut, but the crown faceting of a wonky French cut.

I posted a pic of the stone on RT. No one knew what to call the cut-but there was one consensus -that the faceting was kind of ugly. I bought the ring anyways. :lol:

Here’s a close up of the center stone.

24D3C3AB-9351-456C-AB1E-0F525100F5D9.jpeg

It reminds of this artwork by Escher:

CD42652E-F213-4B25-98EA-47854C0E9F3D.jpeg

Of course, once I had the ring in hand, I knew that I had to keep her. The filigree on this ring is just exquisite. She’s like a little work of art. The ring is conservatively estimated to be 1.60 ctw. And bonus-the center stones are all colorless old cuts!

1A2DB715-A7FF-495A-B8F7-E58085ABCD2F.jpeg

My romantic theory is that the center square cut was an old family stone that was used to make this “new” ring with the two OECs. I will never know the true history of this ring, but I am grateful to be her current caretaker…

Her gallery...

2CD8094D-A850-4129-B518-D59881D26F7F.jpeg

A close up. This OEC is the older one with more of pinwheel center.

0BDB9FB8-BA55-46E4-8997-6E36EBBF2F4E.jpeg

My Edwardian girls.

004BBB8E-3371-4973-AFA6-CFDC4DD323D8.jpeg

p.s.
I haven't named her yet. Is she too small to name? What is the naming protocol? If I could name her, I think her name would be Seraphina.

p.p.s
Yes, I am back on Ban Island again. Let's just call her an early birthday present. Although, my mom loves her, too, so we may share custody.

Wow! What a gorgeous treasure like no other!! I am smitten with your emerald ring too!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@oncrutchesrightnow you inspired me to make this reel :lol:

(the rounds have more fire than the square...)

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful—both your Edwardian beauties!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Realizing I need to frequent SMTB thread more bc I’m missing out on all my faves posting their newest treasures.

What a unique and cool find, always leave it up to you to find random treasures that are hiding away.

It’s such a fun and pretty price! The OECS almost look like pears from afar. Congrats on JOTW :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Realizing I need to frequent SMTB thread more bc I’m missing out on all my faves posting their newest treasures.

What a unique and cool find, always leave it up to you to find random treasures that are hiding away.

It’s such a fun and pretty price! The OECS almost look like pears from afar. Congrats on JOTW :)

Thanks @AL12-I am a treasure hunter, for sure! :lol:

Though I am still hunting for the perfect stacker. In the meanwhile, I got my eternity band shaved down a bit...

How’s your DK ring coming along?

Last edited:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @AL12-I am a treasure hunter, for sure! :lol:

Though I am still hunting for the perfect stacker. In the meanwhile, I got my eternity band shaved down a bit...

How’s your DK ring coming along?

Ohhh what does it mean to shave down your eternity? How did it make it more comfortable?

DK said they were sending the ring to be cast over a week ago so I’m (im)patiently waiting!!! I did tell them no rush so I’m itching for an update but at the same time trying to let them do their thing since I know they are so busy :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh what does it mean to shave down your eternity? How did it make it more comfortable?

DK said they were sending the ring to be cast over a week ago so I’m (im)patiently waiting!!! I did tell them no rush so I’m itching for an update but at the same time trying to let them do their thing since I know they are so busy :)

I have had my eternity for also 20 years and it was a bit too snug to stack. I was going to have it reset, but Slickk mentioned on another thread that some eternities could be shaved down from the inside and enlarged. I'm so happy that I didn't need to do a reset!

BTW, a pretty cushiony OEC just popped up. I posted a link on your thread!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I have had my eternity for also 20 years and it was a bit too snug to stack. I was going to have it reset, but Slickk mentioned on another thread that some eternities could be shaved down from the inside and enlarged. I'm so happy that I didn't need to do a reset!

BTW, a pretty cushiony OEC just popped up. I posted a link on your thread!

I didn’t know shaving down the inside is an option! I’ve always felt like eternity rings were such a large commitment because of the sizing issue so I’m sure that’s helpful to know for lots of either PSers. So glad it worked out for you!!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thought I was over lusting after older rings, I guess not. The OECs, and that square cut center stone, OMG. What balance, and restraint with the filigree! And the quirkiness, I can't get over this, I love it. What a find, what an eye you have.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thought I was over lusting after older rings, I guess not. The OECs, and that square cut center stone, OMG. What balance, and restraint with the filigree! And the quirkiness, I can't get over this, I love it. What a find, what an eye you have.

Oh @Ibrakeforpossums I'm such a noob in comparison to you and others-thank you for your kind words-I take them as a high compliment! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results