shape
carat
color
clarity

DSS cured. 2.28 OEC in CVB "Casablanca" halo..

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back, too, because I want one!:love: But I am just not 100% sure of which diamond I want to put in it and whether to do all platinum or have a pink gold edge around the stone.
Just FYI there's a Casablanca setting for sale at LAD.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back, too, because I want one!:love: But I am just not 100% sure of which diamond I want to put in it and whether to do all platinum or have a pink gold edge around the stone.

Lol me too. I really want to make the ring...but wearing 2 halos might be overkill for me..so I may need to sell my e-ring before that happens and UPGRADE lol. Right now I'm designing the Casablanca earrings with Caysie (for my just over 7mm oecs)...Caysie sent me a really pretty ring CAD to show me what a 7.2mm oec looks like in the casablanca halo and it has a gorgeous pink gold edge around the stone...it's amazing! Was that CAD for one of your stones by chance?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol me too. I really want to make the ring...but wearing 2 halos might be overkill for me..so I may need to sell my e-ring before that happens and UPGRADE lol. Right now I'm designing the Casablanca earrings with Caysie (for my just over 7mm oecs)...Caysie sent me a really pretty ring CAD to show me what a 7.2mm oec looks like in the casablanca halo and it has a gorgeous pink gold edge around the stone...it's amazing! Was that CAD for one of your stones by chance?

No! It wasn't mine! But I have seen pics of some of her rings with pink gold in the center! I am excited that you are making 7mm Casa earrings! :love: I also would love to do earrings and maybe even a pendant. But I don't have stones for those yet. The diamond I'd put in the ring is a low color, and that's why I am debating about the metal colors. She thinks the pink would be good and I trust her judgement. I also could set my avatar stone in that setting, but I have felt it would be too big. I just need to make the right decision, because as we all know, these things are $$$!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No! It wasn't mine! But I have seen pics of some of her rings with pink gold in the center! I am excited that you are making 7mm Casa earrings! :love: I also would love to do earrings and maybe even a pendant. But I don't have stones for those yet. The diamond I'd put in the ring is a low color, and that's why I am debating about the metal colors. She thinks the pink would be good and I trust her judgement. I also could set my avatar stone in that setting, but I have felt it would be too big. I just need to make the right decision, because as we all know, these things are $$$!

Put your AVR in a platinum casa. Done!

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
I like it a lot .. especially the detail of the engraving ! =)2

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness your AVR would be amazing in a Casa ring!!!!! But a low color diamond would also be absolutely incredible :) .... I completely agree with you on taking time and really thinking about projects before doing them because they definitely add up. I plan to do a Casa pendant someday too...just no stone for that yet. I also think I am going to upgrade my studs soon and thinking about having Caysie make the settings for those as well..I know it would be total overkill, but I even thought about the casa setting as studs...lol. I think I will probably go with a simple solitaire type style though, but would love some vintage flair. :) Just need to decide if I am going to do my usual OEC's or go with WF H&A because as much as I adore old cuts I feel like the ideal cuts somehow might pack more punch in studs....if there are any threads on this topic pls lmk :) I am leaning towards I-J color in WF ACA, after I heard about their easy upgrade policy, I decided that they might be a great fit for me if I go with RB's lol.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness your AVR would be amazing in a Casa ring!!!!! But a low color diamond would also be absolutely incredible :) .... I completely agree with you on taking time and really thinking about projects before doing them because they definitely add up. I plan to do a Casa pendant someday too...just no stone for that yet. I also think I am going to upgrade my studs soon and thinking about having Caysie make the settings for those as well..I know it would be total overkill, but I even thought about the casa setting as studs...lol. I think I will probably go with a simple solitaire type style though, but would love some vintage flair. :) Just need to decide if I am going to do my usual OEC's or go with WF H&A because as much as I adore old cuts I feel like the ideal cuts somehow might pack more punch in studs....if there are any threads on this topic pls lmk :) I am leaning towards I-J color in WF ACA, after I heard about their easy upgrade policy, I decided that they might be a great fit for me if I go with RB's lol.

I think there are several people here besides me that chose ACAs for studs due to light return being so important on the ears even though they like antique cuts for other things. They are far easier to match as pairs, too. Also, OECs tend to be deeper which is not what I'd want for studs and I'm too OCD to have different facet patterns. I want other diamond earrings such as drop earrings like Casa, and I'd use AVRs, OECs, or rose cuts for those because I could go with a smaller size and the setting is a large part of the total look. Many people here choose I-J for superideal studs!

HappyinLA

Rough_Rock
Amazing ring! Love the details and design, looks absolutely fabulous!! Congrats!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I seriously keep coming back to this post to drool and plan my future...Lol. This ring has me thinking of selling my current beloved diamond rings to UPGRADE to a bigger, gorgeous diamond like this one! I'd put it in the Casa setting with platinum and yellow gold to match my almost made earrings...This ring really couldn't get any more perfect..from the diamond to the setting. Did Caysie source the diamond for you?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously keep coming back to this post to drool and plan my future...Lol. This ring has me thinking of selling my current beloved diamond rings to UPGRADE to a bigger, gorgeous diamond like this one! I'd put it in the Casa setting with platinum and yellow gold to match my almost made earrings...This ring really couldn't get any more perfect..from the diamond to the setting. Did Caysie source the diamond for you?

No, the diamond I’d from Erica at LAD. How big is your diamond now?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ering plus casablanca earring diamond.jpg
No, the diamond I’d from Erica at LAD. How big is your diamond now?

My Ering is a 1.69 oec (7.4mm diameter-i attached a not so great pic with the oecs that are going into my Casa earrings) and my rhr (my avatar) is a 1.71 oec and I think 7.7x7.59 (that my be a tad off lol) I used to think 2 carats was too big for me which is why both my stones are just under...but I may be changing my mind especially after seeing this and other gorgeous rings on PS lol. I'd love to see some rings in person to decide before I sell mine off. Is there some kind of yearly Southern CA PS gathering? Also, I realized I asked you the same question about where you got your stone back in June (saw my old post lol) sorry for the repeat. Apparently I'm juggling too many diamonds in my brain to keep track of them lol

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results