shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress try on Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I tell you something. I swear you won''t believe me.

But remember when we were both venue searching and you were reluctant to tell me where you booked, until you booked it. But you told me it was contemporary. Well I ran accross this venue in my web searches, the day we were supposed to go up to Sonoma to look at venues I put it on our list... and I actually wanted to go see it FOR YOU. I thought it looked lovely, but a little more contemporary and streamlined than I was looking for, though stunning, and I thought, "well, I''ll go see it, and if doesn''t work for me, maybe it would work for goldenstar!"

But then I decided I wanted something closer to home for grandpa, and we never went up to Sonoma!

I remember thinking it looked so stunning. And I still think so. Congrats on a beautiful venue. If you don''t have a cake, Fat Angel does deliver to Napa, from what I remember.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw a dress that I thought was gorgeous when I started looking earlier, but I don''t remember where it was. I''ll go back and look more tomorrow, because now is bedtime. But I''m intrigued by your search and totally thrilled that you like Carolina Herrera-she''s my fave, but there is no way a dress by her will ever be in my cards. So I might just live a little vicariously...I''ll go back and look up that dress tomorrow. I think it was strapless and looked a little boring from the front, but if I remember correctly, the back was amazing. Ok. Off to bed!

Good night all!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I really like dress #4 the best.

xapora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 6:01:24 PM
Author: goldenstar

#4 was very pretty. The fabric is silk-cotton faille. The one thing I didn''t like about it was that it really flattened my chest. If you look at the side view you can see it. I''m sure that this could be corrected with alterations but I just didn''t swoon as much in it and I''m not sure why. I can totally see why everyone loves it though.

That''s the only reason I didn''t vote for #4. It''s a beautiful dress but it made you look very boxy on top for some reason.

The first dress you originally liked is gorgeous and I have a feeling it would look great on you. Let us know how it goes!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. I''m on it.

Carolina Herrera is very into lace this season...I''m loving #13 in the Carolina Herrera New York Spring ''08 collection-but it''s nothing that you asked for. I just thought I''d mention it because I think it''s gorgeous.

This one is interesting: link

This one is different, not really what you asked for either, kind of a swiss dot lace: link

This one has a bit of lace and beading--but not totally over the top: link

I found it! It has a band of beading and it''s strapless-but I''m loving the back-I haven''t seen anything like it:link

This one is also strapless, and has some beading, but the top is kind of cool: link

I think this one is pretty, little bit of beading: link

Wow, I wish I could pull something like this off, I love the back: link

This one is kind of cool, I like the shape and the skirt, the beading-not so much but still interesting: link

This is just ridiculously funny-check out her headpiece...link

No embellishments that I can see and a v-neck: link

Loving this one: link

I found #4-it looks totally different on the model. I think the arm things aren''t as floppy on her, but I think it looks better on you-girl needs to eat-she looks like an emaciated 15 year old. link

Deep V, digging the back of it: link

This one is interesting, cap sleeves, classic shape and a tiny bit of beading: link

Haha I just saw the name of that last one-Audrey-and I totally thought of Audrey Hepburn when I saw it.

Bit of an empire waistline, but it still shows off your shape, very flowy, so may not have enough structure-but I''m loving the back: link

Ok. So I''ve decided that if you''re going to model for Vera Wang, you have to have a hollowed out breast bone and look about 13. Seriously-those girls need to eat-and VW needs to hire some models who had more than 5% body fat. Yikes. Some pretty dresses-but not named or individual links so it''s hard to find. She seems to be going either architectural or flowy/soft this season-and talk about a stark contrast!

At this link I like, A2824, and A2825. I especially like A2825-I think it''s stunning-and the back is just unexpected. Simple clean lines...

Pretty, v-neck/sweetheart neckline, lots of ruching: link

This seems pretty ideal, but it has a lace-up back: link

Just thought I''d throw this in: link

Ok, how about you look at those, and tell me (us) what you like/don''t like, and go from there. And don''t worry, if you don''t like something-feel free to say that it''s hideous! I didn''t design them after all!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 3:15:00 AM
Author: Gypsy
If I tell you something. I swear you won''t believe me.

But remember when we were both venue searching and you were reluctant to tell me where you booked, until you booked it. But you told me it was contemporary. Well I ran accross this venue in my web searches, the day we were supposed to go up to Sonoma to look at venues I put it on our list... and I actually wanted to go see it FOR YOU. I thought it looked lovely, but a little more contemporary and streamlined than I was looking for, though stunning, and I thought, ''well, I''ll go see it, and if doesn''t work for me, maybe it would work for goldenstar!''

But then I decided I wanted something closer to home for grandpa, and we never went up to Sonoma!

I remember thinking it looked so stunning. And I still think so. Congrats on a beautiful venue. If you don''t have a cake, Fat Angel does deliver to Napa, from what I remember.

Gypsy! How sweet of you to think about visiting that place for me! FI and I spent the day there this past Tues and on the drive up we passed the Mark West Lodge/Hummingbird Gardens. And I thought about you because you mentioned it. How funny.

We wanted to talk contracts when we were on site, but the head coordinator was out of town at the time. We had a nice visit with her assistant. I''m waiting for the head person to contact me. I''m going to be calling obessively until I reach her.
2.gif
We''re just ITCHING to get the venue nailed down. I''m not %100 happy with their responsiveness (or lack thereof) but I can deal with it because I want that venue. Plus, we are using a wedding planner and she can deal with them. She seems like she''s good at making things happen.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked # 4 - it''s very classic looking. I liked # 2 the second best.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Freke! You rock!

Of the ones you posted, I like Dixie and Dolly from PoB most. I''m not digging the lace up back dresses.
Maggie Sotero is lovely, but I''m looking for something more edgy.

I don''t like much from Carolina Herrera''s latest collection, Spring 08? I love some of her older seasons.

Here''s one I LOVE but have not been able to track down anywhere. Believe me I''ve tried. I love love love the jacket, but would wear it only during the receptions. Its from 07 so i don''t even know if its still available.

CArolinaH33.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on this Carolina Hererra and my two friends LOVED it.

CarolinaH11.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the back of the first CH dress I posted

CHback.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
The back of that awesome jacket:

CHjacketdetail.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
At least I wasn''t the only one who was feeling...meh....about the dresses that are out there right now. It seems like everything is very princess/ballgown/sparkly-and thats not what you''re looking for at all. I really like both of the CHs you posted-that one with the jacket is so glamorous. Do you have a pic without the jacket on? The problem with her current collection is because everything is so lacy and poofy in a way. Seems like that''s a recurring theme right now.
7.gif
But I think I get what you''re looking for....I just threw in those Maggie Sotteros because they are so popular on here, but MAN I have never seen so many sparkly ballgowns! Holy cow thats all there is. I think I saw a couple of sheaths and that was it.

The Dixie and Dolly are two of my favorites for what you were looking for-have you seen them in person or tried either on?

So what did you think of the CH that your friends loved? That one is kind of cool, but its made of lace right? Or a lacy looking fabric? I''m all confused,
26.gif
I''ve looked at too many wedding gowns today!

Whats funny is that one of my friends (I''m going to be her bridesmaid in June ''09) is looking for something without beads/sequins/anything funky/sparkly, A-line, and with straps/sleeves of some kind. So going through all those dresses gave me some ideas to send to her in a email as well. So yay! Hopefully while I''m helping you out, I can help her too. Never a bad thing. (Not to mention I''m researching for my own wedding in 2010/2011-but don''t tell BF!)

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock

staceybelle

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I realize I''m weighing in far too late, but I really do like #3. I think it''s beautiful and very bridal yet modern. I love the duchess satin and the way it accentuates your figure. I would be concerned about the bow, not that I think it''s unattractive, but it could be bothersome by the end of the day. But if you think you could be comfortable with it, and you think it could be the one, go for it!

#1 & #2 are nothing special, IMO. The pleats on the neckline on #4 look strange to me, and #5 is pretty and modern but not bridal. But I heart #3. I think it''s everything you''re looking for. Don''t give up on it if you really like it -- after all, you said it gave you butterflies!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Freke-- the CH that my friends loved isn''t lace. Its embroidered all over. It looks kinda like an eyelet pattern. I also really liked it but it didn''t make me swoon.

As for the CH with the jacket, I''ve seen a video of it sans jacket online but I can''t find it anymore. Its a plain strapless top with a slight sweetheart neckline. You can see it a little bit in the pic below. Now that I''m revisiting that dress, I''m starting to really want it again. Its one of the first styles I wrote down in my wedding binder. When the Peter Langner became my first choice, my venue situation was very up in the air. Now that I have an idea of venue, that CH dress really fits in. I''m going to call CH in Beverly Hills to see if its still being made.

Sunnygirl-- I''ve seen that dress in magazines and I thought it was so cool. I haven''t seen it in person but its something I would consider. It does have the style i''m looking for.

Staceybelle-- I still love #3 and its definitely a contender. I think I need to retry the Peter Langner posted above so that I can figure out what direction I want to go.

CHopen.jpg

moonfaery_87

Rough_Rock
1- Love it. Looks beautiful on you.

2-It''s beautiful. Very grecian, not digging the beads on the strap but do like the "hanky" thing in the middle.

3- Very...vogue. Very different and really pretty. Looks awesome on you but the bow would piss me off.lol.

4- So pretty and classy. Very feminine with a bit of an edge to it. gorgeous.

5- Pretty. like it but already forgotten what it looks like.

I''d personally go with 4. It''s gorgeous. Or 1 because it makes your body look very vava voom.(3 does too) Go with your gut and not what we say. You might regret it. Either way, your dresses look beautiful on you.

lost in new york

Rough_Rock
Number 3 was by far my favorite but I was too intimidated by the majority opinion to say anything!
2.gif

I love the fabric and the clean, sophisticated, modern style. Plus it looks fabulous on you!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I like #3!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
#1 is my favorite, but in light of seeing your venue, I think #4 would work best.

Of course, if you can find the CH with the jacket, I think that would be ideal, it''s gorgeous and I think it would suit your venue and vibe best.

Here is a thought, if you have the money to buy the CH dress, why not have it made? Look into getting a dress designer to custom make it for you.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very different style!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

They all look beautiful on you and you can pull any of them off!!. #4 is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M~

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
#4 IS IT!!!!!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this thread is so much bigger than I ever thought it would be. Thanks to everyone for the opinions!

I called Carolina Herrera in Los Angeles today and they said that the dress with the jacket was made for the runway but then never put into production. What a bummer! I suppose I could have it made. I know how much the dress costs because it was in InStyle Weddings last year. If a dressmaker can make it at that price then it would be in my budget. However, custom dresses scare me a little because I feel like a copy won''t be as good as the original.

I emailed a pic of dress #3 to a friend and she made a very good point. She liked the dress in general but also thought that the bow was a little overwhelming. But then she pointed out that my head is cut off in the pic and that may be the reason everyone has been focusing on the bow. That would explain why my sister and I didn''t worry about the bow when I was wearing it. We saw the full picture. She''s a smart cookie!

I think I might just keep the Peter Langner and Vera Wang #3 as the top two and decide from there. Either one would make me very happy. The Vera Wang is actually quite a bit cheaper than the Peter L. I was pleasantly surprised. Plus, the Vera is at Saks 5th Avenue. I could get %10 off if I opened a Saks account plus a $450 gift card if I order during a special event. What a deal!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this thread earlier, but I just wanted to add that you look absolutely stunning in every single dress :) You will no doubt look amazing in whatever dress you decide on. I''m so jealous...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 fav''s for you. Im not sure if you mentioned the time of day the wedding is but here is what I think.....

#1 is more classy and would look good for an evening wedding, it is more formal too.

or

#4, I would say more for a garden daytime dress/casual wedding

2.gif

mrm

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE FOUR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results