shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress try on Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I had a couple of appointments today. Here are some highlights. There are some outtakes that I''m debating on posting. I did find one that I''m in LOVE with. Could definitely be the one. I won''t tell you which one it is so I can see what you all honestly think.

#1 Vera Wang

VeraW1.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
#2 Vera Wang-- front

VWC.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
#2 Vera Wang-- back

VWC2.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
#3 Vera Wang-- close up

VW2close.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
#3 Vera Wang-- full length

VW2far.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
#4 Vineyard Collection-- front

VCmolly.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
#4 Vineyard Collection-- side

VCmollyside.jpg

glamourgirl

Rough_Rock
I like the style of the second one but dont care for the beading or applique thingy on the upper arm on the front and the back. I like bows but not how its just bam in the front so I''m going to say #1

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
#5 Vineyard Collection

jules2.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think #1 looks amazing on your bod. But I really like #2 - but ONLY if they get rid of that doohicky in the middle of the bodice because it looks like someone tucked a hanky in between your boobs - and I think with a good cleavage bra, that bodice with a simple V-neck (without the hanky piece) will be stunning! I love the rhinestone detail and I ADORE the back of that dress, it's really heavenly!

Wait! #4 is awesome too!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
#5 Vineyard Collection

jules1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far #1 is my fave because it makes your figure
23.gif
9.gif
look amazing!!And the lack of detail just emphasizes your figure.

I'm actually really digging the Vineyard one too. Very unusual, and flattering. I bet it looked odd on the hanger though...

ETA: I was talking about the #4 Vineyard...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, PS ladies are stunning--what a fantastic figure you have, Goldenstar!

I think that #1 does the most justice to your lovely figure, I really love how feminine the dress makes you look. I''m sort of in love with dress #4 as well, but I think it''s mostly because I love that crisp material, what material is that? It''s fantastic for an outdoor wedding.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I like #1, 2, and 4 the best. #3 fits you nicely but I don''t like the big bow on the front. #5 looks a bit too much like work or semi-formal wear, in my opinion. #1 is my faviourite, I think.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Goldenstar!

#1 is AMAZING and gets my vote! That dress looks FANTASTIC on you!
36.gif

I really like #3 and it compliments you beautiful figure well, however, the size of the bow is kind of distracting and might take away from the fabulousness of YOU!

# 4 is lovely but doesn''t have the WOW factor of #1.

This being said ... they are all gorgeous and original choices. You will be a stunning bride!
35.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I like all of them but number 4 is my favourite :) I love the shoulder line :)

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, you are all so kind. Thank you.

I''m going to let this thread marinate for a bit before I share my thoughts on the dresses.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey goldenstar-can you remind us the details of your wedding? Location, time of day, sitdown vs buffet, how formal it''ll be essentially?

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I think #1 looks GREAT on your figure. Though only one shot pic of it, hard to tell without seeing the back/side if i like the whole package. It also does not look very comfortable, could be b/c it looks like you just took a breath in in the photo. I would have to see you more relaxed in it to tell how flattering it is.

I do not care for #2 at all. maybe it is just the way it is bunched a little around your waist, i just do not think it is very flattering. The back is nice though

I dont know what it make of number 3. Maybe its the bow that is drawing my attention upwards and not letting me get a good look at the rest i am not sure. I like the second pic of it better then the first

OMG i love #4 So beautiful and elegant in a classical kind of way. I havent see anything like it before and i am in love! Why did i have to buy my dress already! It does have a bit of old fashioned feel to it. Not sure if that is what you were looking for. I just love love love it on you!

#5 also looks GREAT on you. More of a sophisticated feel then an old fashioned flirty feel that i got from #4. I personally find it too business like and not feminine enough for my tastes. I guess it depends on the kind of wedding/reception you are having. Still a lovely dress though. I have to say. it looks like the fabric is almost...too thick? It could just be the photo (or my own eyes) but that looks WARM.

I guess my vote is for #4 i think it looks absolutely divine!

...is it wrong for me to go try on dresses after i bought mine? I guess that is just asking for trouble LOL

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 9:39:09 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hey goldenstar-can you remind us the details of your wedding? Location, time of day, sitdown vs buffet, how formal it'll be essentially?

Napa Valley, April 2009
Late afternoon ceremony (outdoors), sit down dinner reception (indoors)

Hope that helps...

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is #5. I love the style and I think it looks incredible on you.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I sooooo LOVE #4! It's so different and beautiful; it looks great on you! 4! 4! 4! 4!

I do think #1 look great on you as well, but doesn't have the *gasp!*-that's-pretty! effect that I had with 4.

I do really like #2... love it... I didn't notice the applique at first because it blended in with your hair- now that I see it, I don't like that part. The boob hankie doesn't bother me so much but would like to see it without it... I think it would be really amazing.

It's not that I don't like the style of the bow but agree it's distracting... I think it would take away from you. Don't like #5 for a wedding dress... love the idea of a crisp, white wrap "shirt" on a dress for something, just not a wedding.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE #2 on you.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Gwyn-- haha I was "sucking it in" in the first pic because the dress was actually very loose and I wanted to see what it would look like with a small waist. Here''s the back. Its very simple. Too bad I forgot to take pics of the train. Its very basic, nothing fancy.

VeraOneBack.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
This is me relaxed in #1. It would be more nipped in with proper alterations.

VeraOne.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
#1 Emphasizes your shoulders and makes you look broad.

#2 Very Greek goddess. But the back looks bulky

#3 I bet that bow would never stay straight. I love the bottom.

#4 My favorite. The top and bottom are balanced; the sash is very feminine, off the shoulders looks good. Very nice silhouette for your figure.

#5 Interesting but too tailored. I’m not nuts about the sleeves.

Okay, that’s my honest opinion. Now what’s your fav?

E B

Ideal_Rock
#1 is stunning, both as a dress and as a dress on you. My definite pick!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
#1 is stunning

# 2 not loving the way the material sits, don''t like the fan in the bodice, wonder how it will look after a day of wear

#3 the bow is just too much

#4 does something different to your figure, not so much hourglass as #1 but it is my favorite

#5 reminds me of when Sharon Stone wore the blouse and skirt to the Oscars. It''s lovely, and looks great on you but is not my favorite

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#4 and #5 are my favorites! I love the unexpectedness and simple elegance of both. I.am.so.tired.of.strapless.gowns. LOL!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
#4 for sure. When I saw that one, I went "Wow, that''s gorgeous..." in my head.

It totally emphasizes your hourglass figure and looks feminine, beautiful and perfect for an outdoor late afternoon wedding in a vineyard.

#1 looks like second skin, great for the figure, but not really a wow factor. Needs some Oomph.
#2 pretty but looks kind of lumpy and I''m not digging the hankie either. But even without it, it''s not my favorite. And I don''t like the appliqué.
#3 beautiful silhouette, but I''m not liking the bow. It was my second favorite until I saw 4, and then it got booted.
#4-my pick
#5 Pretty, but too structured. And I think it makes you look top heavy, which is weird, because I can tell from the other dresses that you''re totally not. Very pretty, but I just don''t think this is the one.

So when are you going to tell us?
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results