shape
carat
color
clarity

Dress try on Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK,I changed my mind...If it was ME, I''d go for #4 in a heartbeat...#4...that''s the one! It''s amazing.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
#1 is pretty, but #4 is my fav by far!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t read anyone else''s posts yet because I wanted to make an unbiased vote! I am saying a definite #4 for sure!! As soon as I saw it I gasped! Truly elegant, unique, and flattering all at the same time!!!!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
At first I would''ve said #2, but after looking a few times....I think I like #4 the best, but can those straps be pulled up on the shoulders? It''s looks beautiful as is, but I personally would get annoyed with those on the arms.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I never seem to agree with everyone else on these threads...although I do agree that you have a lovely figure, I think that #2 is the nicest - I love how comfortable it looks on you and I think in the right size and tailored to your figure it would be smashing, and just perfect for a Napa Valley wedding
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Definetly #4. That neckline is beautfiul! And the style is very unique.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers one and five are my favorites. I know you said you are having a contemporary styled wedding and venue... and I think that number 5 would really work well with that... and I personally love how different it is and how clean and tailored it looks. Number one is more traditional and the neckline looks amazing on you. # 4 is gorgeous too, and it grows on me every time I look at it again... so I'm gong to vote for that one too because I love the neckline and the lines of it.

I don't like 2 or the bow thing though.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 10:06:30 PM
Author: EBree
#1 is stunning, both as a dress and as a dress on you. My definite pick!

ditto!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m torn! I think I like #2 the best, but #1 and #4 are both gorgeous on you too! I think you could make any of them look fabulous if you feel good in them!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Looks like everyone has different opinions! #1 is my favorite, followed by #4. I can''t wait to know what you decided!

angielea

Shiny_Rock
I think #2 looks amazing, I love that dress on you. It has such a romantic feel.

xapora

Shiny_Rock
You could honestly wear any of these dresses, they''re all gorgeous on you! But I personally like both #1 and #2 the best.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
#2 and #4 are my favs :) But they all look great and stylish (well, I actually don''t love the one with the large bow...)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love #4. It looks so beautiful on you.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the shape of #1 on you but I feel like it needs some extra oomph.

#5 is gorgeous but the wedding would have to be a particular feel.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
4!!!!!!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
#4 for me too!!!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the feedback and the sweet words!

Its been so interesting to have all the different opinions. Everyone has a different favorite, including me!

Going in to these appointments I already had a favorite that I tried on elsewhere. I kept the search going so I could see other dresses to compare it to.

My favorite was #3! Which is so funny because no one here really liked that one. My sister came with me and she loved that one too. I think there is a lot to that dress that didn''t come through in the pictures. The lighting in the salon did not compliment the dress at all. In person, the bow didn''t seem as prominent. It''s supposed to be asymmetrical, and its tacked down so it doesn''t flop around. I liked this dress because of the fabric, which was a pretty color called "oyster". I also liked the vertical seams (which are not visible in the photos) and the body hugging fit. I thought the bow kept it from being too va-va-va-voom because it was girly and playful. That dress with any other kind of neckline would have been too sexy. I''ll try to attach a pic later that shows off the fabric better. I emailed #3 to my best bud and she liked it but didn''t love it. I really think its because the pictures don''t do it justice.

#1 was a CLOSE second. I''m not a huge fan of strapless dresses. This one was very simple and I loved the fit.

I liked #2 a lot. It was definitely too big on me and would look a ton better in my size. The bust area was huge. The back was stunning. I just thought that it was too Grecian for my modern theme.

#4 was very pretty. The fabric is silk-cotton faille. The one thing I didn''t like about it was that it really flattened my chest. If you look at the side view you can see it. I''m sure that this could be corrected with alterations but I just didn''t swoon as much in it and I''m not sure why. I can totally see why everyone loves it though.

I tried on #5 for fun. I really liked it when I saw a picture online so I had the salon call it in for me. The sample was maybe 2 sizes too big. The sleeves and torso area would be more proportionate in the correct size. I think it looks great in the pics. But, as daring as I am, I don''t think I''m brave enough to wear a shirtdress on my wedding day. Plus I can wear a shirtdress any day, but when can I wear a GOWN?

I really liked all of these dresses but the bow dress really gave be the butterflies. However, since everyone thinks the bow is too much I''m being pushed toward my first choice dress. I tried it on for the first time several months ago during a trunk show and it will be back in town on April 18. When I try it on again I''ll know what I want. The dress has the simplicity of Vera Wang #1 with a little bit of drama on the back. The pic is attached.

I definitely have loads of time to choose a dress but will probably do so this Spring. I will post again when I try on my original first choice dress.

To be continued...
35.gif

pepitaPL.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I noticed what you''re saying about dress #4 and it messing up your chest. It totally flattens it out-but I think you''re right with alterations it''d be beautiful.

I love love love the dress you just posted. Please go try it on and bring back lots of pics!!!!It''s BEAUTIFUL!!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
This is a pic of the bow dress that shows the lovely Duchess Satin.

Bowfabric.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I actually like number 2 the most. Number 4 second most.
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you for sharing!

ETA: I love the back! Also, the satin is beautiful on the one with the bow, but I am not feeling the bow as beautiful as it is.
1.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 6:01:24 PM
Author: goldenstar
Thank you everyone for the feedback and the sweet words!

Its been so interesting to have all the different opinions. Everyone has a different favorite, including me!

Going in to these appointments I already had a favorite that I tried on elsewhere. I kept the search going so I could see other dresses to compare it to.

My favorite was #3! Which is so funny because no one here really liked that one. My sister came with me and she loved that one too. I think there is a lot to that dress that didn''t come through in the pictures. The lighting in the salon did not compliment the dress at all. In person, the bow didn''t seem as prominent. It''s supposed to be asymmetrical, and its tacked down so it doesn''t flop around. I liked this dress because of the fabric, which was a pretty color called ''oyster''. I also liked the vertical seams (which are not visible in the photos) and the body hugging fit. I thought the bow kept it from being too va-va-va-voom because it was girly and playful. That dress with any other kind of neckline would have been too sexy. I''ll try to attach a pic later that shows off the fabric better. I emailed #3 to my best bud and she liked it but didn''t love it. I really think its because the pictures don''t do it justice.

#1 was a CLOSE second. I''m not a huge fan of strapless dresses. This one was very simple and I loved the fit.

I liked #2 a lot. It was definitely too big on me and would look a ton better in my size. The bust area was huge. The back was stunning. I just thought that it was too Grecian for my modern theme.

#4 was very pretty. The fabric is silk-cotton faille. The one thing I didn''t like about it was that it really flattened my chest. If you look at the side view you can see it. I''m sure that this could be corrected with alterations but I just didn''t swoon as much in it and I''m not sure why. I can totally see why everyone loves it though.

I tried on #5 for fun. I really liked it when I saw a picture online so I had the salon call it in for me. The sample was maybe 2 sizes too big. The sleeves and torso area would be more proportionate in the correct size. I think it looks great in the pics. But, as daring as I am, I don''t think I''m brave enough to wear a shirtdress on my wedding day. Plus I can wear a shirtdress any day, but when can I wear a GOWN?

I really liked all of these dresses but the bow dress really gave be the butterflies. However, since everyone thinks the bow is too much I''m being pushed toward my first choice dress. I tried it on for the first time several months ago during a trunk show and it will be back in town on April 18. When I try it on again I''ll know what I want. The dress has the simplicity of Vera Wang #1 with a little bit of drama on the back. The pic is attached.

I definitely have loads of time to choose a dress but will probably do so this Spring. I will post again when I try on my original first choice dress.

To be continued...
35.gif
Is that Peter Langner??? If so I tried on that dress and it is STUNNING!!! The only problem is I felt it was more red carpet gown than wedding dress. The back is soooo incredible. If you''re going to be in NYC, Mark Ingram Bridal Atelier has it.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Yes its a Peter Langner! I''m in CA (San Francisco) and expect to see the dress again at a trunk show. Peter Langner himself travels with the dresses so I''ve met him! He draws a sketch of the dress and signs it if you order while he''s there. Its so cool.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2008 11:38:29 PM
Author: scarlet16
Is that Peter Langner??? If so I tried on that dress and it is STUNNING!!! The only problem is I felt it was more red carpet gown than wedding dress. The back is soooo incredible. If you''re going to be in NYC, Mark Ingram Bridal Atelier has it.
That was my initial thought as well! If it were in another color it would totally be a red carpet gown, but I could see it gracing the red carpet even in white.

I can see why you love it, because I too think it''s gorgeous, but I think you can do better...

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Suggestions are welcome FrekeChild!

I tend to favor styles that are atypical, which explains my dress selections thus far.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I like the atypical stuff too (I want a silver or blue gown-if I can get away with it).

What are you wanting?

And what are you definitely NOT wanting?

Silhouettes? Necklines? Fabric? Designers?

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
oooh thanks Freke, this is fun!

I like dresses with straps or V-necks. Would consider strapless if there''s some sort of unique detail.
I like A-line (but not too full), mermaid, trumpet shapes.
I like draped fabric details, but not quite ruching. Ulla-maija has examples of what I''m talking about.
Warmer shades of white work best with my skin tone.

Don''t want slinky slip dresses. I''m more comfortable with some structure and stiffness in the fabric.
Don''t want too much beading or lace. A little bit as an accent is okay.
Don''t want corset/lace up back.
Don''t want tulle, too delicate.
Definitely don''t want poufy strapless ballgowns. It wouldn''t fit with my venue.

Designers I''ve been liking:
The ones posted in this thread
Monique Lhuillier has really worked for my body type
Junko Yoshioka
Carolina Herrera

Designers that don''t work for me:
Claire Pettibone (mostly slip dresses)
Reem Acra (seems like they are all either ballgowns or slips, I also don''t want the sparkles)
Melissa Sweet (Love the designs but my body hasn''t been looking good in them)
Kenneth Pool (Sparkly Ballgowns, yikes. Beautiful but not for me.)

We''re currently working on a contract with a venue. I''ll post pics of what its like. Even if it falls through (knock on wood) it exemplifies what we''re shooting for.

SCal1.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Possible reception room:

SCal5.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Venue

SCal2.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
This is what the rooms look like. It gives you an idea of the kind of vibe they have there. The venue is a resort and spa.

SCal6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results