shape
carat
color
clarity

dress shopping with pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
ditto #3- it looks so fabulous on you! very flattering!!!!

cincin090

Shiny_Rock
I vote for #3...but I thought the back of #7 was very flattering!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 8:43:39 PM
Author: EBree
Of these, the mermaid Maggie Sottero (#3), by far. Va-va-VOOM!
I agree w/Ebree

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Girls! thanks for all the prompt responses - boy you all are awesome!

Thanks Octavia, Ebree, Sparkalicious, Galvana, Neatfreak, honey 22, galleygal, & februarybride (and ebree again
35.gif
)! looks like #3 is fairly resounding. I am inclined to agree - i loved that one...and i mean i really loved it. while it took a little while to get into, it fit wonderfully and was pretty comfortable too.

let me ask you all a quick question and please feel free to be honest....i don''t have my heart set on purchasing anything just yet, however...dress #3 which everyone seems to like the most is around $1,000. I would like to spend less. I can get 10% off if i buy the floor model (which i could with that one- it''s only about 1 size too big but the corset saves it).

Having said that, i also really liked dress #7, which i think could be altered to be very beautiful sweetheart strapless eventually. I found this Mori Lee dress at a local store, and i guess it''s discontinued so it was on sale. It is $179.00. the fabric is pretty, the cut is pretty...so the question is....do you like #3 much, much more than #7? if so, that''s completely fine b/c i am really looking for honest opinions - i put #7 on hold so no one would snap it up :) but i am also ok letting it go...i''ll attach a couple more pictures just in case anyone needs more (hee!)

and thanks again everyone - i really appreciate you taking the time to look and respond!

mori lee side2.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 9:46:59 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/5/2008 8:43:39 PM
Author: EBree
Of these, the mermaid Maggie Sottero (#3), by far. Va-va-VOOM!
I agree w/Ebree
Yep, I totally agree! You are so rocking that dress, lady!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last one - let me know what you think....like i said, i can let this one go, but the price was so great i put it on hold and figured i''d get your expert opinions, then call them back and let them know either way. thanks again!
35.gif

finalphotomorilee.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you beachrunner, mommy2iz, cincin, skippy and pocahontas!!!! i really appreciate the feedback and it seems like #3 is still a winner.....was pretty much my fave too :)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Number 3 is a beautiful dress that highlights every figure asset you have; looks great on your curves while still making you appear very svelte. It has a ''flow'' to it that the others don''t appear to have on camera.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
They all look nice - you have great taste! But #3 is the winner for me too. The fifth and last ones are also up there.

ETA: Number 7 looks really nice and is sleek and simple. Not a bad choice, but it doesn't have the WOW factor that 3 does. I wouldn't fault you for choosing 7...what a bargain!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 8:37:03 PM
Author: violet3
Ok, tried to attach on last post, but it didn''t work:

Dress #4: In person i LOVED this dress! It was a Sottero and Midgely- the material was such a beautiful color and texture and it came with a sash (blush) which i would not wear, but a brooch which i would wear...unfortunately, in photos i think it makes me look heavy.

I love this dress on you! It''s very flattering and looks gorgeous!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you HollyS, Jstar, and 04 Diamond!

HollyS...i agree - #3 was gorgeous in person and most of the others didn''t photo all that well...IRL they looked great i thought, but i know i will be getting photographed, so i am concerned as to how they come out in pics!!!! #3 was definitely my favorite in the photos :)

Jstar - thank you! i am glad you also liked #5 - no one else picked it, but it really was pretty in person...i would order it in the ivory of course - the silver wasn''t very flattering on my skintone
7.gif

04 Diamond - thanks so much - that dress in person looked magnificent, but just came out looking strange...maybe b/c it didn''t fit - hee hee! the ivory color was magnificent.

keep it coming girls if you have any input - i appreciate it!!!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''m gonna be the voice of dissent here. But my favorite was six. I just liked it a lot. A close second was the ever popular number 3.

I''m sure that didn''t help much, but there you go.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Redfaery - it does help!!! i actually love dress #6 as well and the ladies at the store loved it too...it was also on sale and i was surprised no one else liked it. IRL it had a VERY slim a line skirt that wasn''t a mermaid, but was pretty close. i completely appreciate the advice!!!!

MissDimity

Shiny_Rock
hey gorgeous,

I think dress 3 looked the best on you, I also liked the back of dress 7.

At the end of the day it should be whatever dress you feel comfortable and most "princess" like in..

Let us all know which one you choose!!

hugs XX Miss Dimity

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Like like #7 and #3 as well...

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I think that 3 and 7 are my favorite. I think that 3 has the biggest wow factor, though 7 is really flattering on you! My only concern with 7 is how it is laying across your stomach. It seems to be bunching a bit. Maybe after alterations that will lay smooth? It is a great deal but don''t choose it just because it is cheap (unless 3 is out of your budget) If 3 and 7 were the same price which would you choose?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
#3 is so beautiful on you. I love it.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE #3 as well. It really shows off your figure!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies! Thank you miss dimity, impatient one, kimberlyH, and Jsm - it looks like everyone is pretty drawn to #3 still - it''s nice to get objective opinions from you all!

Morgie44 - you make a couple of good points here...if the dresses were the same price #3 and #7, i think i''d choose #3. I wouldn''t pick #7 just because it''s so inexpensive...i do really like it as well...but i also do like the maggie a bit more. Whether the maggie is out of my price range is hard to say...it''s more than i would like to spend, but i haven''t decided where i''d actually draw the line on price. regarding the bunching on the stomach, i agree that in the pics it''s laying a bit awkwardly - i think it''s the cut of it and it''s meant to have some ruching across there. I am not sure if alterations would change that or not...and honestly after alterations it might end up being quite a bit more money than it originally was anyway!

thanks again ladies for the input!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I like 3 and 5 the best!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
I''m alla bout #3 because that was the dress I wore on my wedding day!!!

Here are some pics

my wedding picsmy wedding pics

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 10:52:14 AM
Author: jfus
I''m alla bout #3 because that was the dress I wore on my wedding day!!!

Here are some pics

my wedding picsmy wedding pics

Oh - it is the same dress!!! your pics are amazing and you looked tremendous in that dress jfus...really! thanks for sharing the photos - i love seeing dresses on "real" people so you can get an idea of the material and style on people with some curves - you look much better in that dress than the model does!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Violet your sooo sweet!!! I saw your post and had to post some more pics on my thread! It''s really a gorgeous dress and I still wish I could put it on and prance around like I did on October 18th. Maggie''s dresses are really a steal for the quality!!! Everyone thought my dress was 1000''s of dollars.. hehe.. I got it for not even 1000!!!!

The only thing that is a little stinky about the dress is that it''s soooooo fitted. When I tried on the sample it was larger then the size I ordered so when it came in.. it can be a bit restricted. I was worried about the bathroom the day of. I would have to get out of the dress to use the favcilities! That dress wasn''t budging over my tooshie! LUCKILY.. the excitement of the day caused me to not even have to go once!!! Sorry if it''s TMI!!! haha.. but just keep it in mind. If you have any more questions let me know :)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I like 3, but I love 5! Look at the tiny waist you have!!! I assume you can get it in other than silver?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
7 is really pretty, and what a great price! If you could use that money you don''t spend, apply it towards the honeymoon!

I like 3, but I can''t really see it that well. I''m wondering how it''s everyone''s fave???

I also like 5, except not in silver. It makes your waist look teeny tiny!!!

You really can''t go wrong with most of these. Congrats, but good luck on making a tough decision!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I am IN LOVE with the first Mori Lee gown!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 11:41:04 AM
Author: sunnyd
I like 3, but I love 5! Look at the tiny waist you have!!! I assume you can get it in other than silver?
Yup, #5 comes in ivory which is what i would order - it also comes in Gold, but i think that would be a hard color to pull off. I liked that one too and i think the style seems to be pretty in right now.... the only thing i didn''t like about that one compared to some of the others was it was a LOT of dress for a girl like me - it had a lot of material and (i think) and underskirt etc. Some of the others were lighter weight.

I stilled really liked it though - but obviuosly i liked them all - i didn''t take pics of the ones i DIDN''T like - and there were plenty!

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
I like 3 and 7. When I scrolled down to seven, I thought it was very flattering on you and the back is beautiful. I like 3 because I love lace and mermaid styles. You will have to decide which one makes you feel like a beautiful bride.

I like the price of 7 and I thought it looked great on you even before I knew the price. I don''t think you can beat that price! If you do end up buying 7, I really like the sweetheart neckline on you without the halter. Good luck!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2008 11:50:06 AM
Author: Lanie
7 is really pretty, and what a great price! If you could use that money you don''t spend, apply it towards the honeymoon!

I like 3, but I can''t really see it that well. I''m wondering how it''s everyone''s fave???

I also like 5, except not in silver. It makes your waist look teeny tiny!!!

You really can''t go wrong with most of these. Congrats, but good luck on making a tough decision!
This is funny b/c i was wondering if anyone could see #3 all that well b/c the pic was so blurry....here''s one more that i took. Clearly i am not any better at taking pictures than the lovely woman in the store - mine''s blurry too! and with the white dresses in the background, you can''t really tell where i stop and they begin....but in case it helps you see better, here it is!

thanks for the input Lanie!

maggiephillipa8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results