shape
carat
color
clarity

dress shopping with pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello All! While i am still waiting for my ring (it's being made) i did decide to go try on a few dresses just to try to get an idea of what i liked. My sister made me try on a huge ballgown the first day and frankly, it scared me. I think i like the more fitted sillhouettes in general, and the more comfortable (read: lighter weight) the better...i have been trying mostly mermaid/very slim a- line dresses, but am not sure what looks best on my figure. I am a fairly curvy woman - i hope to be a little lighter by the time i actually walk down the isle :) But whether i gain or lose some weight, my shape generally stays about the same.

If you have the time to look and are so inclined would you let me know what you think of these dress styles, shapes, etc??? i would greatly appreciate it and it might help next time i have a go at it!

i'll be uploading quite a few, so bear with me - will let you know who's the designer of each - thanks in advance for looking and any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

First up - Dress #1 - a Mori Lee Lace Gown with beading....

extramoredress1.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
close up view of the Mori Lee lace - very pretty - very heavy.

more dresses 002.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress #2 This one was Alfred Angelo - very pretty - i thought it would be good for a casual wedding (beachy). it definitely didn't feel as well made though...

aadressgold.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the detail up close - i like the way the dress is cut close to the body but the lace flows out behind it. The ribbon comes in gold, ivory, or blush....

aadressupclose.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress #3: This one was a Maggie Sottero...i loved it and i don't usually go for such a mermaid-y gown. The actual pic (graciously taken by the woman working at the time) is blurry originally so i couldn't really clear it up. sorry!

maggiestrump.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The back of dress #3 - maggie sottero - i liked the view from the back.

backmaggiestrump.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Hey Violet3! I can''t tell for sure from the photo, but is the Maggie gown called the Jorie? If so, that''s the same dress I bought, and I love it on you as well! If not, it looks so much like my gown that I love whatever that style is, too! Can you tell I''m biased?
9.gif
I really like the Mori Lee, too. Hope you had fun!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Octavia! I think it's called Phillipa, but i've seen too much now and don't remember....did you post a pic of yourself in it - i'd love to see! i have to say, it fit like a glove..

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, tried to attach on last post, but it didn''t work:

Dress #4: In person i LOVED this dress! It was a Sottero and Midgely- the material was such a beautiful color and texture and it came with a sash (blush) which i would not wear, but a brooch which i would wear...unfortunately, in photos i think it makes me look heavy.

sotteromidgefront2.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I had picked out the Phillipa as a dress I wanted to try, but none of the shops around here had it so I ended up going for the Jorie. Now I''m jealous, I really like the more mermaid-y shape (mine is a slim A-line), but the dresses are remarkably similar except for that. I wasn''t able to take any photos, but I hope that when my actual dress comes in, I can.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress #5: another Maggie Sottero...i guess i like her. This dress was sooo much prettier on than i thought it would be...

maggisilverdress2.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite is the Alfred Angelo
30.gif
The net and embroidery is so beautiful, and it looks SO good on you!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 8:37:18 PM
Author: Octavia
Oh, I had picked out the Phillipa as a dress I wanted to try, but none of the shops around here had it so I ended up going for the Jorie. Now I''m jealous, I really like the more mermaid-y shape (mine is a slim A-line), but the dresses are remarkably similar except for that. I wasn''t able to take any photos, but I hope that when my actual dress comes in, I can.
Ha! funny you said that b/c i wanted more of a slim a-line
28.gif
- can''t wait to see a pic of you in it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 8:41:42 PM
Author: kama_s
My favourite is the Alfred Angelo
30.gif
The net and embroidery is so beautiful, and it looks SO good on you!
Thanks Kama S! my sister really loved that one too and she said in the low light it really twinkled!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Of these, the mermaid Maggie Sottero (#3), by far. Va-va-VOOM!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress #6:

This dress i really liked and it's old so it was discontinued and ON SALE :) i don't really care if it's old, just if it's pretty or not.....thoughts? i thought in real life it was pretty slimming.

edenbridediscontinued.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
#3 - It looks fantastic on you!
The other dresses look lovely as well but this one just spoke to me ... love the way it looks from the back!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 8:41:45 PM
Author: violet3
Date: 11/5/2008 8:37:18 PM

Author: Octavia

Oh, I had picked out the Phillipa as a dress I wanted to try, but none of the shops around here had it so I ended up going for the Jorie. Now I'm jealous, I really like the more mermaid-y shape (mine is a slim A-line), but the dresses are remarkably similar except for that. I wasn't able to take any photos, but I hope that when my actual dress comes in, I can.

Ha! funny you said that b/c i wanted more of a slim a-line
28.gif
- can't wait to see a pic of you in it!

I can't wait to have one taken! If you like the Phillipa but don't want it as close below the hips, definitely consider the Jorie. The picture on the Maggie website does NOT do justice to the dress. I also like #4 on you, I don't think it makes you look heavy...I think that it's the angle of the photo, because for some reason, even though your arm is vertical it doesn't stop my eye from drawing across the photo into the reflection in the mirror. When I blocked that half of the photo, I thought it looked beautiful on you!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress #6 again - up close. does this show it any better????

edenbridalupclose.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dress #7 (or is it 8? - please just tell me to stop if i am boring you - seriously!!!)

Ok, this dress is an on sale discontinued Mori Lee - it's rediculously cheap and really pretty. It has a halter strap - didn't like it on me, but the seamstress said it could be made to be strapless. Here's me tucking it in to see....

morileeonsale1.jpg

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
100% number 3. it looks great. maggie dresses are VERY flattering, i got one too!
good luck and have fun looking! i definilty love #3 though.
which one did you like best/

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the back of dress 7 - mori lee

backdress7morilee.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s what Dress #7 was meant to look like....they said they could make it strapless, but i wanted to see if you all thought that would be possible??? IRL, the halter straps made me look line-backer-ish :)

morileewithstraps.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
#3 is STUNNING on you. That one all the way!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for #3, it shows off your beautiful curves!

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
I like 3 and 7!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is the last one i will post b/c you must be forgetting what they look like by now! this was an eden bridal and very pretty IRL...i really don''t like the way it came out in the photos though....hmmmm
33.gif

OK girls - any advice you would like to give would be appreciated!!! what do you like/not like? any other styles you think might look nice on me? i am greatful for any advice you have - thanks again!!!!

edenbridalsweetheart2.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Still TOTALLY #3 after seeing them all!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
# 3! The Maggie is VERY flattering on your figure!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results