shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer''s upgrade -- 1.66ct J VS1!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303429344|2902253 said:
kal2021|1303421904|2902171 said:
I just got back from trying on the Tiffany band with 3 pointers and the height looked good to me! The SA measured it and said it was actually about 2.1-2.2 mm in height which surprised me. I wonder if he mis-measured! Anyway, I think I may order the Dream Half Eternity with 3 pointers and just return it if it's too high. BGD also recommended the Novela band to me - it uses 2 pointers and is 1.6 mm in height, but I just don't think I like the look as much as the Dream...

Can you order both and return one? I know it is cheeky...

I am very surprised the Tiff band was that thick?

I was actually thinking of doing that! Why not, right?! However, I am a little nervous about having two bands in my possession at once, just in case something happens to one before I return it (you just never know). I think I may order the Dream half eternity first in 3 pointers and see how it looks (since I loved the Tiffany version), and then go from there.

I was surprised, too! But I didn't see him measure it, so who knows really - I would like to think he measured it correctly, but...

Thanks, Dreamer, for all your help - I truly appreciate it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to update this thread because I know a lot of PSers look at this thread and will do in the future.

I ended up selling this diamond, and in the process the stone was sent back to AGS to be regraded. It came back from the lab graded as an I VS1. So as I suspected, and Brian suspected, this stone was never a really true "J" color, and indeed could be considered an I color stone. I wanted to post this information so that future buyers will not look at these photos in this thread -- which I believe are fairly accurate about the way this stone appears in person -- and think this is characteristic of a J color stone in this size. It is more characteristic of an I color stone 8)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting - thanks for the update!

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for coming to update, that is how I found this thread. I loved looking at the pictures. =)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You always said it was a very steely J. Now we know why! It's really an I. AGS is generally softer on color than GIA, so I'm really surprised they said J in the first place.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So AGS graded it both times? I had a similar experience in that mine was GIA graded H and later AGS graded G. Interesting, huh?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1324522320|3086552 said:
So AGS graded it both times? I had a similar experience in that mine was GIA graded H and later AGS graded G. Interesting, huh?

Yes. Very interesting. Would have been nice to know that it was an I before I sold it as a J :rolleyes: The buyer made a nice profit.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord.

I just did some price searching... :-o :-o :sick: This is absurd!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't edit my earlier post - Sorry Dreamer, don't guess that's a helpful comment :sick: There's obviously no way you could've known, and we all know how unequal the secondary diamond market is - given those realities you still came out on top.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1324568473|3086758 said:
I can't edit my earlier post - Sorry Dreamer, don't guess that's a helpful comment :sick: There's obviously no way you could've known, and we all know how unequal the secondary diamond market is - given those realities you still came out on top.

I believe the vendor sold it for $18k+. Had it been a J VSi, asking price would have been more like $15k+

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1324500060|3086286 said:
I wanted to update this thread because I know a lot of PSers look at this thread and will do in the future.

I ended up selling this diamond, and in the process the stone was sent back to AGS to be regraded. It came back from the lab graded as an I VS1. So as I suspected, and Brian suspected, this stone was never a really true "J" color, and indeed could be considered an I color stone. I wanted to post this information so that future buyers will not look at these photos in this thread -- which I believe are fairly accurate about the way this stone appears in person -- and think this is characteristic of a J color stone in this size. It is more characteristic of an I color stone 8)

I haven't been on the forum in a looong time so I'm going through this thread. I decided to skip a few pages and saw this post....so you DID sell the 1.66 J??? I read so many pages about you'd keep it for a loooong time. Wha happened?

I have a BGD 1.21 G SI1 that I'd like to upgrade one day as well so I really identify with your series of upgrades :)

Also, I came in here to look at pics of the Dream band bc I'm looking for something to go with my BGD Grace e-ring. Sadly I think the Dream will sit too high to match my Grace (I want NO rubbing and prongs and I want the bands to be the same height off the finger).

Hmm...do you have a new thread about what you upsold the 1.66 for?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
sirbenson|1324608260|3087230 said:
Dreamer_D|1324500060|3086286 said:

I haven't been on the forum in a looong time so I'm going through this thread. I decided to skip a few pages and saw this post....so you DID sell the 1.66 J??? I read so many pages about you'd keep it for a loooong time. Wha happened?

I have a BGD 1.21 G SI1 that I'd like to upgrade one day as well so I really identify with your series of upgrades :)

Also, I came in here to look at pics of the Dream band bc I'm looking for something to go with my BGD Grace e-ring. Sadly I think the Dream will sit too high to match my Grace (I want NO rubbing and prongs and I want the bands to be the same height off the finger).

Hmm...do you have a new thread about what you upsold the 1.66 for?

I downgraded my friend ;)) Sold it for a little more than I spent, pocketed a little over half the proceeds, and bought myself a blingy half eternity (Gypsy's Aurura actually, first sale on the pre-loved forum). Actually, I sold everything I owned except my Dream band and original sapphire e-ring, and my Aurora. Very freeing! If you look through my threads there is more than you would ever care to read about the process. I enjoy looking for steals on the secondary market these days.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1324615025|3087305 said:
I downgraded my friend ;)) Sold it for a little more than I spent, pocketed a little over half the proceeds, and bought myself a blingy half eternity (Gypsy's Aurura actually, first sale on the pre-loved forum). Actually, I sold everything I owned except my Dream band and original sapphire e-ring, and my Aurora. Very freeing! If you look through my threads there is more than you would ever care to read about the process. I enjoy looking for steals on the secondary market these days.

Ah, ok. I came across that one thread where you pondered changing your BGD for an AVC but decided to keep the BGD. I"ll go look for the Aurora thread. What do you wear as an e-ring? Your original sapphire?

Also....I can't BELIEVE that I worte above that I also have a G colour stone....I don't! Its an icy H, sheesh. Whoops!

Could you put into words how "low" the Dream band sits? Thanks.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
sirbenson|1324645450|3087429 said:
Dreamer_D|1324615025|3087305 said:

Ah, ok. I came across that one thread where you pondered changing your BGD for an AVC but decided to keep the BGD. I"ll go look for the Aurora thread. What do you wear as an e-ring? Your original sapphire?

Also....I can't BELIEVE that I worte above that I also have a G colour stone....I don't! Its an icy H, sheesh. Whoops!

Could you put into words how "low" the Dream band sits? Thanks.

Hi Sir Benson! I don't wear an e-ring anymore, I wear a blingy half eternity band instead, usually paired with a plain band. It is the best look ever, I am not sure I could go back to a solitaire! There is so much bling. I have been married five years now, so a band feels more "right" for me. It feels "married".

Here is the thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dreamers-new-to-me-aurora-band.166650/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dreamers-new-to-me-aurora-band.166650/[/URL]

Regarding the Dream band, it is exactly 2mm in height/thickness off the finger where the diamonds are.

Lily_Ireland

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, had to make a decision today as the wedding is in 4 weeks and the ring will take 3 weeks to get made!
I went for Option 2, the larger 0.50ct one :appl:
I could see what some of you meant about Option 1 (smaller) matching the width of my engagement ring better, however I got nervous that I might get DSS and regret not getting the more blingy one! I'm a teeny bit worried that I may feel that the bigger ring is a bit much or too blingy when it arrrives, but I'm sure that will only last for a few days! :lol: I got used to the size of my 2 carat engagement ring very quickly!!!

Thanks again for all of your help everybody =)2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, had to make a decision today as the wedding is in 4 weeks and the ring will take 3 weeks to get made!
I went for Option 2, the larger 0.50ct one :appl:
I could see what some of you meant about Option 1 (smaller) matching the width of my engagement ring better, however I got nervous that I might get DSS and regret not getting the more blingy one! I'm a teeny bit worried that I may feel that the bigger ring is a bit much or too blingy when it arrrives, but I'm sure that will only last for a few days! :lol: I got used to the size of my 2 carat engagement ring very quickly!!!

Thanks again for all of your help everybody =)2

Lily, this is weird but your post went on the wrong thread! I think you made a great decision on your wedding band!:appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dreamer_dachsie:
I'm uber late to this thread, but...
CONGRATS ON YOUR UPGRADE!! It's GORGEOUS!
I scrolled through the photos you posted, and I'm curious: do you ever stack your bands with your new 1.666ct sparkler?
;)2:mrgreen2:
CRM

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dreamer_dachsie:
I'm uber late to this thread, but...
CONGRATS ON YOUR UPGRADE!! It's GORGEOUS!
I scrolled through the photos you posted, and I'm curious: do you ever stack your bands with your new 1.666ct sparkler?
;)2:mrgreen2:
CRM

Matthews, Dreamer long ago sold that diamond. She eventually found a gorgeous antique ring that had around a 2 ct OEC in it!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, Dreamer long ago sold that diamond. She eventually found a gorgeous antique ring that had around a 2 ct OEC in it!

Thanks, DS!! I wondered...it was such an old thread, and I would have sworn I saw something larger on posts left by her...lol! Does she stack her bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results