shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Dreamer's new (to me) Aurora band!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
To briefly bring the bling story up to the present 8) , I decided to sell my solitaire engagement ring for a small profit to benefit my family, among other reasons. Thank you rising diamond prices!

But I am not so selfless as to go blingless. So I hunted, and pondered, and looked into my options. I became very frustrated and dismayed with how "little" diamond you can buy for your money these days :nono: And my plan from the outset was *not* to buy something that needed upgrading or resetting to make me happy. I wanted a completed ring to love as is, and enjoy, without thinking about what it could be in six months or a year.

I was going to give up, frankly, when I put two and two together and realized it was a brilliant idea for me to buy Gypsy's Aurora band from Brian Gavin Diamond :naughty: I have wanted a five stone ring for a while, and this was a great way to get something even better than the usual style of five-stone, and for a deal too. I luvs me a deal 8)

Anyways, it arrived today...

My husband was very excited about this new ring. He loved the look and thought that it was a great option because it was *complete* and required no more money to make it perfect. When the box arrived, he almost faught me to open it. His reasoning? "Dreamer you may be a feminist, but you have to admit -- the ring is a reflection of how much a man cares about his woman!" According to his reasoning, he should get to open the box. We compromised and opened it together. :bigsmile:

aurora1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
As you can see from the photo in the previous post, BGD were kind enough to act as the "go between" for Gypsy and I. While they had the ring in hand I asked them to buff and polish it, and they returned it to brand new condition. And the box came with lovely wrapping too! So it really was a new ring for me and a pleasure to receive it like that. So thanks so much Lesley and Brian!

When DH and I had the ring box in hand we made a drum roll sound and opened the box, and both cracked up, because this is what we saw...

aurora2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH then said we should remove the bubble wrap without looking and open the box again ::) . So we did. And then we both said "Holy $%!&" when we saw it. It is pretty spectacular!

aurora3.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly think this ring is more blingy and eye catching and has better hand presence than my solitaire.

aurora4.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The hand presence is awesome.

aurora5.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
It looks absolutely at home on your finger! And hey, since the stones are upgradeable... an even better deal !

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamonds are blazing white and perfect. Five .31ct G Si1 stones and eight .10ct F/G signature melee.

ddaurora8.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1317793394|3033631 said:
It looks absolutely at home on your finger! And hey, since the stones are upgradeable... an even better deal !

haha.. wellit was a bonus. I wanted a completed ring but did not want something "permanent". I think this ring would look amazing with rubies substituted for the larger diamonds :Up_to_something:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bands on the ends of the diamonds are a lovely touch. There is a semi-bezel effect on the final stones making the ring totally comfortable between the fingers.

ddaurora9.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The shank is weighty and comfortable. The milgrain is perfect.

ddaurora10.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, wow, wow!

I really wondered if you would be happy with "just" a band, but this is no ordinary band! It looks just PERFECT on your hand! So blingy and beautiful! :love: Enjoy it girl, so happy for you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect milgrain.

ddaurora11.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy diamonds and wraps.

ddaurora12.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful ring DD!!.. :love: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Profile. The band is very low to the hand. As you can maybe see from this photo, the diamonds in the center are set a little higher than the stones on the outer edges. If I am totally honest, I would have preferred all the stones set at the same low height as in the center of the band the height contributed to a somewhat "bracey" look to the profile from all the prongs needed for so many small stones. But that is a small thing and only really noticable when I bend my hand to look at that angle. Most of the time it is just bling bling bling.

I do like how this band looks stacked with a plain band :love: So when I get my platinum band like I plan, I will try that combo out.

ddaurora13.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
A fun shot taken under the halogens in the range hood :rodent:

ddaurora16.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another stove top special, taken while making dinner 8)

ddaurora15.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one for tonight! :wavey:

ddaurora14.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, you have to read the fine print of the sales receipt... all sales are contingent upon you coming to my house to take pics of my bling! :Up_to_something: I'm looking at your pics and I'm in awe. I had that band for 9 months and not ONE picture I took even approaches any of yours.

Rubies huh? I was occasionally tempted by sapphires myself so I totally get the impulse!

It really looks fabulous on your hand! Just perfect. Wear it in the best of health.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1317795144|3033643 said:
Wow, wow, wow!

I really wondered if you would be happy with "just" a band, but this is no ordinary band! It looks just PERFECT on your hand! So blingy and beautiful! :love: Enjoy it girl, so happy for you!

Thanks Laila!

I don't think I would have been happy with a regular five stone. But this one has so many features that are special, and the garland pattern of the smaller stones between the larger gives the ring a very full, rounded, almost voluptuous appearance on the hand when worn that is really looks special and unique. I love it, and so does my husband. I actually think it looks better on my hand than my RB did.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1317793153|3033628 said:
The hand presence is awesome.

And I wanted to add that there is something so classy about a diamond band, like this or any other style. It looks both dressy and casual, suited for wear with sweatpants or an evening dress. Wearing it I feel like a real classy broad let me tell you.

It also just screams MARRIED to me, which is something I like now that I am an old married woman (Five years coming up!) :rodent:

No hesitation, love this ring, best decision ever to make the switch.

One day I would like a solitaire, but would probably wear it on my right hand! This one will be on my finger all.the.time.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317796121|3033654 said:
Dreamer, you have to read the fine print of the sales receipt... all sales are contingent upon you coming to my house to take pics of my bling! :Up_to_something: I'm looking at your pics and I'm in awe. I had that band for 9 months and not ONE picture I took even approaches any of yours.

Rubies huh? I was occasionally tempted by sapphires myself so I totally get the impulse!

It really looks fabulous on your hand! Just perfect. Wear it in the best of health.

Practice practice m'dear! In a window is the best lighting I find. And a good macro and steady hand.

Thanks so much for passing this along my way! Now we just need to find you an OEC and it will be a perfect ending!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer,

The Aurora band looks absolutely gorgeous on your hand.
It's so blingy and special, I'm so glad it stayed in the PS family.

I hope it brings you many years of joy!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting for these pictures! That ring looks totally "at home" on your hand - it's perfect! What a wonderful affirmation of your decisions to sell your solitaire! :appl: :appl: :appl:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-that is some finger coverage! It looks fantastic on you and your pictures are gorgeous as always! Wear it in good health!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, Dreamer! I love everything about it, and I'm glad you're so happy about owning it. I was so surprised when I read that Gypsy was selling it, but I'm happy it went to another PSer. It's beautiful!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza, you made a great choice! Helping out your family financial yet enjoying such a beautiful ring!!
It is all worthwhile!! It is so so pretty!!
Your DH and you makes the funniest couple ever and I am so happy that he shared the same excitement with you when the ring arrives!
A round of applause :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring, it looks beautiful.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band looks Wonderfully Blingy and Extremely Substantial on your hand!!!!! :love: :appl: Congrats on an Exceptional Piece!!! Enjoy!! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer, it is gorgeous! I am so happy that you found a ring that has such great finger coverage and that your DH was so excited as well! Many congrats! Wear it in health and happiness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results