shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer's Reset - Project Thread

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by dreamer_dachsie, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Taylorbug!
    Brilliant_Rock

by Taylorbug! » Mar 13, 2019 at 7:54 PM
    @dreamer_dachsie
    Would you mind sharing the link to this 1.25ct stone?

BTW, your new little beauties to complete your three stone are cuties! Congrats

2. yennyfire
    Ideal_Rock

by yennyfire » Mar 13, 2019 at 8:47 PM
    Deal! :lol-2:

3. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Mar 14, 2019 at 9:58 PM
    Looks like it sold, but it was like 12k. You can search BN for potential old cuts by sorting the search by culet size under advanced options.

AV_, Rfisher and Taylorbug! like this.
  4. AV_
    Brilliant_Rock

by AV_ » Mar 15, 2019 at 1:29 PM
    Digressing:
    _____
    Now, this is a coincidence: a 'Harlequin'! ::) - WWW

The ASET is there. The tilt window achieved in the small diamond that was too 'flat' is not there & the stone is shown in the critical position, with the camera's line of sight razing the table. To what extent this has the same 'pool of light' / reflecting look...

5. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Mar 15, 2019 at 2:33 PM
    Very interesting! That diamond does look almost identical to the small BN stone I examined and photographed (Pg 2 of this thread I believe). I suspect this bigger diamond will perform a lot like the little one I examined, which is a super super bright stone with a little less "active" scintillation -- though, the bigger facets on the bigger stone will automatically look more active to the eye with broader flashes, compared to the smaller stone.

AV_ likes this.
  6. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Mar 17, 2019 at 6:40 PM
    I snapped a few pictures in the sunshine showing Goergie with one of "the Banshees" (as I am calling them; not sure which one, I think this is the K).

DSC00660 (2).JPG

You all love extreme close ups of finger hairs right? :whistle:

DSC00664 (2).JPG

This photo gives a good "real life perspective" on how the faceting looks in more normal viewing conditions.

DSC00666 (2).JPG

AV_ and ceg like this.
  7. AV_
    Brilliant_Rock

by AV_ » Mar 17, 2019 at 6:52 PM
    It is a perfect ring.

8. yssie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

9. yssie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by yssie » Mar 17, 2019 at 7:44 PM
    Edit - I imagine this latest pair is a significant improvement in terms of matching light return over the original! :sun:

[​IMG]

10. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Mar 17, 2019 at 9:42 PM
    No doubt about that babe! The first stone I bought was nice bc in macro the faceting looked somewhat similar and it was most likely and old cut. But it was too white and its optics too "flat" for my taste. It would have bugged me big time.

11. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Mar 17, 2019 at 10:00 PM
    @yssie And I am equally thrilled to hear from youuuuuuu!

How do I feel... I think in fantasy dream land where everything is unicorns and rainbows, I would clone my Georgie and use those as side stones. But custom cutting diamonds in this size just feels... over the top for me right now. Both in terms of cost and in terms of, I dunno... perfectionism, I guess. I had a lot of unexamined anxiety the last time I was very heavily involved in diamonds. I am in a very different place now. I don't plan to invite obsessive perfectionism back into my life! o_O

One thing I really wonder about is exactly how noticeable the difference would actually be between these MRBs and an identical transitional cut in this size. We are really just talking about a 5-10% difference in LGFs after all. This is an intellectual and empirical question I have that I would LOVE to answer for purely scientific purposes lol. I did a photo shop to help envision it.

So the small diamond on the right is the Georgie clone. This is not totally accurate bc the large diamond handles light and color differently than a small, so shrinking the large diamond down this way likely exaggerates the actual difference between the faceting/light play of the small transitional and the MRB. But even still, it is very very subtle. And of course, this image is still magnified compared to real life!

compare.jpg

And when I discuss this with my husband, he keeps saying that he thinks its more important that the two sides match, because if *they* match, the overall look of the suite will still be complimentary. So I did another little photoshop showing the Banshees beside Georgie. And I gotta say, it looks deeelish. :love:

compare1.jpg

jbake and Laila619 like this.