shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamer's PS Gift!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK so I managed to get some pictures of the earrings with my solitaire. What do you all think of the proportions together?

Forgive the smudgy diamonds :oops: It is impossible to keep diamonds clean with a two year old around.

ddgifty10.jpg

ddgifty11.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And my weak attempt at photoshopping the combo onto my hand :cheeky:

ddgifty12.jpg

ddgifty13.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE those proportions :bigsmile: :Up_to_something:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1300572063|2875466 said:
LOVE those proportions :bigsmile: :Up_to_something:

me too...I think they are PERFECT together!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
They're beautiful and will make a gorgeous 3-stone someday! :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
those are perfect!!!! I love the proportions and the stones are :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals! I think it looks pretty sweet too. Now I just need to think of a setting style! haha... that should take about 18 months or so :cheeky:

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, congrats on the earrings and I love the proportions for the 3 stone!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they will make perfect earrings and definitely the perfect size for sidestones someday!! :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whether they remain as earrings or turn into side stones for a 3 stone ring someday, I love 'em! Congratulations Dreamer!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
They really are so awesome, Dreamer!!! I have a question though. Do you notice a large difference between these stones and the ACA's? Just curious.... :naughty:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani|1301445833|2883090 said:
They really are so awesome, Dreamer!!! I have a question though. Do you notice a large difference between these stones and the ACA's? Just curious.... :naughty:

In terms of sparkle etc? Naaah. I have not seen ACAs or similar H&As in this size, mind you, but I am familiar with how ideally proportioned stones perform, and I am of the opinion that the H&A moniker does not *really* matter. I prefer H&As for my e-ring solitaire, and would probably go that route for a larger and meaningful stone for a pendant and such because I like knowing that the diamonds were cut with care and precision. But in terms of light performance I really feel like the H&A label is less important from a practical perspective. I did not worry or hesitate at all over these stones not being H&A, and I was not disappointed in the least. And I am picky ;))

The only thing I wish is they were a little bigger 8) Maybe .45ct or as close to .50ct as I could get. So if dropping from H&As means a person can get bigger stones, well that is what I would suggest every time!

I also feel like J color is just FINE for earrings! When you wear them, you only see white light return and sparkle etc. It is too far a viewing distance to pick up body color of the stones, so it becomes a real non issue for me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could swear I posted on this thread already, but can't find myself so .... a belated CONGRATS on some very sparkly & much deserved new ear warmers. =)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all of the info, DD!!! I ask because I have 71/.72 WF ACA'S, and I am thinking of going bigger eventually :naughty:

I have 2 questions I keep asking myself though....First of all, I wonder if I will notice a big difference in size (visually)going from
.7 to .95-ish? When you look at the measurements it looks impressive, but I'm no expert! I really want to stay in the .9-.99 range, since the price once you get to the 1 ct mark jumps ridiculously high.

My other question was if I would be personally ok going to a non-ACA diamond for the upgrade (expert selection, etc) The ACA's wouldnt be affordable to me in the size I want, unfortunately. Would I really notice a difference in the diamond's performance though? I want to say no, but if I traded in my ACA's and then wasnt happy with the sparkle of my new diamonds I would be totally upset....So I just dont know!! Decisions, Decisions!!!!

I personally love your new earrings, I think they are a great size, but I understand the need to go bigger for sure. Are you able to upgrade these at all? And I think J's are great for earrings! I have I's and they are super white!!! I cant tell you how many compliments I get on my earrings on a daily basis!!!! I had a a great experience working with WF on my earrings, and I have a full upgrade policy with them. It just seems like they have like no stones in their inventory right now? I know I want a specific size and its hard to find, but the only ones that came up for me in a search were virtual selection stones. :o

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Yes, I think the jump from .70ct to .99 ;)) would be very noticable. I went from a .80 to a 1.16, which is a close jump, and it was huuuge.

2. If you pick ES stones with great IS images and AGS0, I will bet you one million dollars they will be indistinguishable from the ones you have. The nuace differences between AGS0 non-H&A and AGS0 H&A is really small, much less impactful, in my opinon, that things like lgf length, color, and ct weight in terms of impact on facet patterning and optics.

3. If you want something call and get them to source it for you. They can find it through the vistual listings from their suppliers that they know have stones in certain specs. Much easier than you trolling things.

4. Yup, upgradable. That was one reason I went with WF for this, otherwise I would likely have bought from JA but their upgrae policy is not as liberal.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW-I guess I really have no clue:( I didnt know that there are AGS0's that are non H & A's....I thought they went hand in hand. I am no expert though, really!! Thanks so much for all of your help! I guess when Im officially ready I will have to ask for help again with choosing the stones! Working with WF was great, they totally helped me pick my current pair, so hopefully they'll do the same with my next!!

I LOVE LOVE your earrings, and Im so glad you can upgrade them- that's great!!! What would be your ideal size? ;))

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're gorgeous, Dreamer-congratulations! I'm super late to this thread but I love them and they look great on you! They're a perfect size, and your ears must be way smaller than mine because they look really big on you! (I'm now suffering from small ear envy. :cheeky: ) I actually have .31 ES diamond earrings from WF (so .62 CTW), but mine are in the handmade bezel setting.

As for them in a three stone, I'm going to have to go against the grain and say that I think they're a little too small next to that ginormous center stone. I think .5s would be perfect in a three stone though. Maybe you could upgrade them down the road when it's time to reset your diamond in the three stone?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani|1301575039|2884113 said:
WOW-I guess I really have no clue:( I didnt know that there are AGS0's that are non H & A's....I thought they went hand in hand. I am no expert though, really!! Thanks so much for all of your help! I guess when Im officially ready I will have to ask for help again with choosing the stones! Working with WF was great, they totally helped me pick my current pair, so hopefully they'll do the same with my next!!

I LOVE LOVE your earrings, and Im so glad you can upgrade them- that's great!!! What would be your ideal size? ;))

LOL! You are not an RB girl though, so you are excused, right? The cut grade is somewhat independent of the H&A label. Cut grade references the light performance, whereas H&A references the perfection and symmetry of the cut. All H&As that are offered by PS vendors, like the ACA, are also AGS0 diamonds (I believe there are none that use GIA for their branded H&As, but could be wrong here). But there are *many* AGS0 diamonds that are non-H&A stones too, and as I said, to my eye there is little or no difference. Many GIA Ex cuts are also spectacular and are often non-H&As. So as I said, if/when you upgrade you really don't need to worry too much about "dropping cut quality" if you get an ES stones from WF, since they will be AGS0 and thus likely indistinguishable to all but the most expert eyes from your current ACAs. Stones that warrant the ES label from WF are all AGS0 I believe, and so are great buys. Mine are both ES and both AGS0.

I think my ideal size would be .50ct each.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1301580489|2884187 said:
They're gorgeous, Dreamer-congratulations! I'm super late to this thread but I love them and they look great on you! They're a perfect size, and your ears must be way smaller than mine because they look really big on you! (I'm now suffering from small ear envy. :cheeky: ) I actually have .31 ES diamond earrings from WF (so .62 CTW), but mine are in the handmade bezel setting.

As for them in a three stone, I'm going to have to go against the grain and say that I think they're a little too small next to that ginormous center stone. I think .5s would be perfect in a three stone though. Maybe you could upgrade them down the road when it's time to reset your diamond in the three stone?

haha, I never thought I had small ears, but now that is two people who have commented on them ;)) I really need to show them off more, they are about the only truly diminuitive part of my body I think.

In my gut, I actually agree with you about the size of the rocks. It breaks my heart to say it because it suggests another delay in reaching the final dream ring, but I don't want to make the ring and then want larger sides. I will percolate on it some more. In person, I am left thinking that the .35s are simply gorgeous, they are really lovely, but paired with my solitaire they look a little too small. I think for the look I would be after I would want closer to .50s, maybe .48s or the like to avoid the price hike. These are upgradable, so it is always an option down the road.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fl Steph, Deco, Zoe, and MrsS! :wavey:

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, they look great! You always have such great posts; lots of good advice, fun info, pretty sparklies. You deserve these babies! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results