shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your SO know how much you paid for your jewelry?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't ask how much his hobbies and his planes cost and he doesn't ask how much any of my stuff costs it's a win win for everyone.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes - mostly. We share joint finances and have a list of planned alterations/upgrades to the house and holidays so anything significant I want to buy, I run past him and vice versa.
I earn over twice what he does but we split things pretty evenly in terms of big purchases.
He's getting into guns and shooting (it's difficult to get a licence here in NZ) and that's also been really helpful for getting him to understand that for me, jewellery/diamonds is like guns for him.
I'm not into them and don't see the point (although I'm learning to shoot) but I respect that he's into them. Prior to that he was somewhat dismissive of my upgrade and acquisition plans. Currently thanks to some speakers and guns, I'm about $4500 in credit ;)2
But we've just put air conditioning and insulation into our house so there's nothing spare for me to spend :cry2: I keep telling him I'm just saving it up for our 5 or 10 year anniversary.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a serious question DF? LOL!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't ask how much his hobbies and his planes cost and he doesn't ask how much any of my stuff costs it's a win win for everyone.

Lol, so glad to hear someone else's husband has planes for a hobby. I don't think my husband would say a word about jewelry costs - lest he wants to hear about plane costs!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband loves planes too, and he just built himself a motorized mountain bike. We have at least 5 high priced bikes hanging in our garage. I hadn't thought about it, but it might be my turn!:lol:

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Yep he does ;)2 .. but I think he wishes he didn't some days lol

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nope, never. We don't have joint accounts

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results