shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this round diamond have leakage or issues?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photos are not the highest resolution, but they were the best I could get from the vendor. @flyingpig @Karl_K I'd appreciate your analysis. Thanks for any help!

unnamed(1).jpg unnamed(2).jpg unnamed.jpg unnamed(3).jpg

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have the diamonds measurements? I think that would make it easier for anybody to judge.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yes leakage and twist.
Those may be the averages after rounding but its highly unlikely any facet has those numbers.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K thank you. Can you explain how twist translates to performance? Damn, because the numbers looked so good.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, the vendor just clarified to me that the first three small photos are of three different diamonds. So I'm only looking to analyze this one and the large photo (not on the hand) above. Does this one still have leakage and twist?
unnamed(1).jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
at 5 and 7 you can see finger color between the arrrows so yes leakage and twist.

Okay, the vendor just clarified to me that the first three small photos are of three different diamonds. So I'm only looking to analyze this one and the large photo (not on the hand) above. Does this one still have leakage and twist?
unnamed(1).jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's pretty alarming for those numbers to result in a diamond with those issues. A wise reminder as to why we never advise choosing a diamond without images. You were very smart, Kim N!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's pretty alarming for those numbers to result in a diamond with those issues. A wise reminder as to why we never advise choosing a diamond without images. You were very smart, Kim N!

I was very close to pulling the trigger today but thought I should check with PS first!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm..
I think it is a good diamond.
I can see why some consider 5 and 7 as leakage. That was my initial impression. but you see the same finger/skin color in the table reflection and pavilion facets (4 and 10). 34.5/40.8s rarely have blatant leakage. Lastly, I just do not see twisted pavilion in the large (and small) ohoto

It is a top performing diamond IMHO

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@flyingpig Thanks for your opinion. I'm not sure what to do now that @Karl_K thinks it has leakage but you think it is top-performing. :oops2: I think it would cost me about $100 in shipping to/from to have the opportunity to see it.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
just based on the small last posted image its one like this but not as bad.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember that 34.5/40.8.
That particular stone has twisted pavilion that is visible face up. It has serious issues and the leakage is further exaggerated by the strong backlight and misaligned scope

OP's stone does not show such severe twisted pavilion face up in the large photo.

My guess is it is a good stone worth considering, but not when you have to pay $100 shipping.

Are you able to find the stone at Bluenile and see the video of the diamond ? The lighting looks familar.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@flyingpig and @Karl_K I managed to get the light return images. In the first three images, what is the white area near the edge around 4:00? And what is going on at the base of the arrows around 2:00?

unnamed(4).png unnamed(5).png unnamed(6).png unnamed(7).png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thats not the same diamond as this one you asked about above in this image that I was talking about.
. hmm.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Karl_K They are claiming it's the same diamond. Maybe they labeled it incorrectly in the three small photos in my first post, but it's one of those three, plus the larger photo not on the hand.

Regardless, how are the light return images? I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on the 2:00 and 4:00 areas.

Last edited:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4:00 poor lighting setup
2:00 tiled diamond, mis-aligned IS, very slightly twisted pavilion, camera being too close

Overall: A+

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Regardless, how are the light return images? I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on the 2:00 and 4:00 areas.
light leakage into the scope.
Some variation in pavilion.
well cut but not likely h&a with a small heart.
A-

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N is this a high color? I suspect this is a grown diamond. I would be wary as the diamonds of this producer sometimes can have a metallic look (that’s what somebody who works with the producer has told me).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results