shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this ring belong to a PS-er??

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
This might be a long shot, but I’m kind of obsessed with this David Klass ring and was hoping it might belong to someone here? I’m dying to see hand shots...it’s giving me ideas! :lol: I’m more of a platinum girl, but this design is SO close to a Victorian ring I once fell in love with!

D2AECD90-184B-4457-9382-5A17D60085E8.jpeg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Ok here’s another question - how would you describe the shanks of this ring? Would you call this a taper, a reverse taper, or something else? I like this look that fluidly wraps the side of stone and then gradually thins out as the band reaches the finger... :) Thanks!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These remind me of Sebastien Barier rings. Beautiful!

I think this style may be considered as a reverse taper, or maybe a reverse cathedral taper since it seems to go up to the shoulders rather than just a flat shank?

Beautiful examples!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, @twosanguinehearts! I always struggle to convey or describe what I envision in my mind when talking about what I want in a ring design.
So I refer to below and other pins to help me describe my preferences :D
1597345627023.jpeg

This is fantastic - thank you for posting this!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
This is fantastic - thank you for posting this!

You’re very welcome, sanguine! Is this project for your magnificent OMC?
Have you decided yet how to set her?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
You’re very welcome, sanguine! Is this project for your magnificent OMC?
Have you decided yet how to set her?

Ha yes it is! I have STILL been struggling with the decision, and this week I saw a ring posted on IG that had a gorgeous taper like these examples, and I thought...it just might be the compromise between the two styles I was debating! The balance and support of the split shank, with some subtle side stones to keep the vintage feel. I’m getting another drawing to see how this might come together...fingers crossed! I’m ready for the ring already! :lol:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, how exciting!! The sample pics above are delish!!❤️❤️ The tapered shank certainly achieves the balance and support given the size of your honker :D

I’m getting another drawing to see how this might come together...fingers crossed!

Fingers are crossed!

I’m ready for the ring already! :lol:

So are we!!:appl::appl::lol::lol: Can’t wait to see the completed ring!:kiss2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results