shape
carat
color
clarity

Does husband wear wedding band?

Does your husband wear his wedding band?

• He only wears it when around people/family who expect him to

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • He wore it on our wedding day - maybe anniversaries

• No, it''s uncomfortable

• No and he has this whole speech about how not wearing a ring doesn''t mean....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, and mine wears his 24/7. Like another poster said, he also wears his more than I wear mine! I''m so nuerotic about keeping it clean and safe that I will wear them to work, but take them off the second I get into the house. Then they are off for the rest of the night until the next day when I go back to work. On the weekends, I usually don''t even wear them, unless we are going out of the house, in which case I wear my wedding band by itself. If we are going someplace nicer, I put them both on. But yeah, he wears his all the time, he has the tan line and everything. I know it may sound silly, but I think he is so darn sexy with that gold band on his big man hand!!
9.gif
Sometimes I just look at his hand and then look at him and I feel so happy that he is mine, my husband and I am the woman he chose. Corny, I know!
16.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Well, initially my husband said he hates jewellry and would not wear a ring. He has never worn anything more than a cheap watch in his life. Somehow I managed to talk him into it though (not sure how - I think I half jokingly said that I wanted everyone to know he''s taken, and he was clever enough to take the hint). He started off taking it off at night before he went to sleep, and forgot to wear it a couple times. Then he claimed his finger swelled up so he couldn''t get it over the knuckle any more (though I could get it off him pretty easily), and since he has a bit of trouble taking it off himself now, he leaves it on 24/7.
He''s a pretty sentimental guy, so I think the symbolism of it is important to him too...

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting question and responses.

The question came up this year if I would wear a weading band. I could not give a quick answer.

I see the symbolism; yet, for years I have avioded rings because of the industrial safety issues.

As a teenager I work various rings, and even made one in a class in High School.

Then I joined the US Navy, and one of my first (if not the first) thing that I did when I checked on the ship was to help clean up the results of an "accident" that happened in part because the guy was wearing a ring. It ended up with him without his arm (his arm was ripped from his shoulder as a shipmate held him against a stanction to prevent him from being pulled in - a rag had caught on his ring and a rotating part).

There was not a single ring to be found on anyone''s hand in that engineroom after that.

While that was the worst I know of, it is not the only industrial accident with rings that I have personally seen. They are never pretty.

Thus, to me a ring represents a possible significant hazard.

Then there is where I work now. Do you know how much damage a ring - or diamond - that falls out and into a piece of equipment can do inside a plant system. Should it get into the Reactor Cooling System the answer can be millions, and it can cause a problem that increases the radiation dose that people get (radiation exposure is very low in a good plant, but why increase it? Note that I get more radiation exposure just flying to the west cost every spring and back than I get at the nuke plant the rest of the year - most people do not know or understand about natural background radiation. Personally, I''d like to keep it that way).

This refueling outage a new policy was adopted on jewelry. You wear none - or have to tape it on (and over it) with really good tape - that kills your dexterity (and causes other problems). I run a contractor who has 14 people on site (including gals). I flat out told them no rings. Leave them in the hotel room (that includes engagment rings, weading bands, etc). Did people object (including the gals). Yup. But if they want to work here (and the pay is well above average) they have to give up things like wearing of jewerly at work.

Would I wear a weading band.... Good question. My tendancy is to not wear one. This has nothing to do with how I would feel about my wife. It has everything to do with what I have seen can happen to someone who wears rings (and I have had a couple chunks of flesh removed from my hands in the past - good thing there was not a ring to get caught).

Perry

mantiss

Rough_Rock
if he complains about not liking jewelry, tell him to get a tattoo on his hand/finger. seems like i''ve heard about tattooed wedding bands before, but i''ve never seen anybody with one.

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
My husband wears his 24/7 (except every couple months when I yank it off his hand to clean it...). He says he can''t stand how his finger feels without it now, which makes me happy. He works in a shop, and most of the other married men there don''t wear a ring. Dh says he is also the only one to wear gloves, so that he CAN wear his ring while working. I thought that was cool of him to care enough.

He knows though that if he didn''t wear one, I would have no choice but to knock him out, drag him to a tattoo parlor, and put my name in nice big letters in the two places it counts most.
17.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2005 1:57:05 AM
Author: cobaltgirl
My husband wears his 24/7 (except every couple months when I yank it off his hand to clean it...). He says he can''t stand how his finger feels without it now, which makes me happy. He works in a shop, and most of the other married men there don''t wear a ring. Dh says he is also the only one to wear gloves, so that he CAN wear his ring while working. I thought that was cool of him to care enough.

He knows though that if he didn''t wear one, I would have no choice but to knock him out, drag him to a tattoo parlor, and put my name in nice big letters in the two places it counts most.
17.gif

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

wanted to do the poll but found that none are relevant to him...

My hubby doesn''t wear his wedding band due to the nature of his job. He is required to go on site either locally or overseas to do inspection like climbing into the boiler and check for sign of fracture etc.

I also notice a number of engineers from either his or other dept doesn''t wear wedding band too.
Guess that he''s not the only one.

Safety issue.

chol

Rough_Rock
LIked your survey!
35.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Gee, I really thought I had replied to this thread months ago, but I don''t see it.

My husband wears his ring all the time. He works in IT, so he''s not subject to safety issues that can arise from some trades.

I didn''t insist on him wearing it.....he did! When we talked about wedding rings, I asked if he wanted to wear one and he said "OF COURSE. I would consider it disrespectful to you not to wear one (unless I had a job that it could result injury)."

Of course, his response thrilled me to death. Seriously, I trust him implicitly, and he doesn''t have to wear his ring to prove anything to me. But I''m just really jazzed that it''s so important to him. He only takes it off to shower in the morning, and then puts it on when he''s done. (Otherwise, soap/water buildup irritates his finger.)

I married an AWESOME guy.
9.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
my hubby is a firefighter, and therefore is not allowed to wear any jewelry.

I do have to remind him to put it on when we go out....
its not that he doesnt want to wear it, its just that with work all the time, he forgets to put it on the minute he walks thru the door...

so most of the time he does not wear one.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
When we''re married I hope he''ll wear his all the time!! He''s not a jewelry person at all. He used to wear a watch, but lost it, and so now I think he''s not even a watch wearing kind of guy. He''s tried excuses about my dad not wearing a wedding ring (which is a rediculous excuse because my dad was born without a left hand! ), and I don''t even think either of his parents wear wedding rings... But he''s pretty excited about getting a Tugsten Carbide band. He thinks that type of metal is pretty cool. So we''re going to be searching for a Tungsten ring that fits comfortably so he won''t have any excuse not to wear it!

leadfoot

Rough_Rock
I happen to be one of the males who have been asked this very question!

My wonderful girlfriend and I have been over this topic a lot lately. She is a very down to earth kinda girl and she thinks the decision is totally up to me, she knows we''re married, yada yada yada. Me on the other hand, thinks that the symbol of the rings is very very important, and should be worn at all times. Of course I WILL be wearing the band on our wedding day.....who wouldn''t?! But to back the truck up, I have been a life long lover of sports cars, muscle cars, cars, anything with a big fat ol'' engine! I''ve been working on them since I could walk. I have since started my own high performance engine shop and usually have my arms up to my elbows in oil, grease, scum. We both know that I am hard on my hands, and since I don''t want to ruin a very inportant token of marriage, I will opt to only wear my ring when I am NOT at work. When I get home, shower, clean up, on goes the ring. I just can''t imagine having my wedding ring soaked in oil and garbage that jewelry should not be around. We have been looking at very plain titanium bands for me to wear at work, but she says "why would you need to wear another band just to have at work? I''m SURE all the guys there KNOW you''re married, and won''t give a rat''s *bum* if you have a band on or not." I guess that could be an option, but in the same breath, that''s another expense for a ring that is just a stand-in ring for my REAL weddingband that I will hold dear to me.

Guess that''s my .02!

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
My hubby always wears his unless he is working in the yard, working on his motorcycle, or cars. He is so funny because he comes to me with hand extended and I have to take it off and then when he is finished with whatever, I have to put it back on. Very ceremonial. LOL

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
He better!

10_9_134[1].gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Imurden, that is so funny.

I was quite surprised how fussy my husband was when choosing a wedding ring. He wanted a nice engraved one, with detail on three sides. He''s not a jewelry person but he wears it all the time, unless he''s doing gardening or vegging around the house. It''s nice that he wants to wear it.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
DH has a tungsten band with platinum inlay that he wears all the time. He tends to switch between hands as I think we made a mistake when measuring his finger size and it''s loose in cooler weather. I think we used his right hand rather than his left or maybe it was just a hot day?

Perhaps the fact that he chose his ring means he''s more interested in wearing it?

I tend to put on my wider ''engagement'' wedding ring when we''re at home as I''ve become a little obsessed by the ultrasonic cleaner!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, my wonderful hubby wears his every day!
emlove.gif
emotion-5.gif
emlove.gif

I don''t think I have ever seen him officially take it off. I see him sometimes slip it off and itch or rub it sometimes, or wash under it if there is something there ... but to actually take it off and like go to sleep or do something like change the oil on the motorcycle ... Nope, not yet.

I like the fact that he wears one. Everytime I look at his hands and see the ring, it just reminds me of our wedding day, and how we looked into eachothers eyes, and said "goo-goo" things to eachothers hearts ... it''s just a very special feeling!

If he decided to stop wearing one, I would wonder what''s up ... but if he didn''t want to wear it becuase of a hazzard or something ... I would be ok with that. The ring doesn''t keep a man from strayin'' ... if you know what I mean!

Anyway, I think it''s a personal choice and that it should be discussed prior to anyone getting married. I think most women want one to wear, and I think most men are about 50/50 with yes, or no way in he!! am I wearing one.

It''s been fun reading all the posts though!
Have a great day!
35.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 2:49:00 AM
Author: MiniMouse
Imurden, that is so funny.

I was quite surprised how fussy my husband was when choosing a wedding ring. He wanted a nice engraved one, with detail on three sides. He''s not a jewelry person but he wears it all the time, unless he''s doing gardening or vegging around the house. It''s nice that he wants to wear it.
Actually, my fiance jokes and says that won''t be wearing one but I told him that''s out of the question!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm I thought I answered this.

My FI and I got into a fight over this. He doesn''t like to wear jewelery..the only thing he wears is a watch and that even bothers him. He doesn''t think he''ll be comfortable wearing a ring or ever get used to it but says that he will because he knows it''s important to me. I have noticed since we''ve gotten engaged that my ring has bothered me, I feel it all the time but I will never take it off..unless I''m pregnant and too bloated to wear it. So my question is why is it an issues for him??

It bothers me when I see guys who I know are married but don''t wear their ring. Unless they have a job that wearing a ring could potentially be harmful to them, I see no reason for them not to wear it. But I realize there is always the exception, but in my experience any guy that I''ve known that hasn''t worn their ring, it''s beause they are hiding the fact that they are married.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well my husband wares his titanium wedding band that I got him a few years ago for our ann. from Friday evening to Sunday night. He can''t ware it when he goes to work were he owns heavy equipment and does his own handy work when it comes to the pieces running right, it would be a danger to him getting his finger broke or even cut off...

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2006 11:19:53 AM
Author: Caribou
Hmmm I thought I answered this.

My FI and I got into a fight over this. He doesn''t like to wear jewelery..the only thing he wears is a watch and that even bothers him. He doesn''t think he''ll be comfortable wearing a ring or ever get used to it but says that he will because he knows it''s important to me. I have noticed since we''ve gotten engaged that my ring has bothered me, I feel it all the time but I will never take it off..unless I''m pregnant and too bloated to wear it. So my question is why is it an issues for him??

It bothers me when I see guys who I know are married but don''t wear their ring. Unless they have a job that wearing a ring could potentially be harmful to them, I see no reason for them not to wear it. But I realize there is always the exception, but in my experience any guy that I''ve known that hasn''t worn their ring, it''s beause they are hiding the fact that they are married.
Well, hopefully my dad wasn''t trying to hide his marital status. I don''t ever remember seeing him wear his wedding ring. I remember seeing it in his nightstand drawer. I asked my mom if it bothered her and she said not at all. I see married men all the time without wedding rings and I think nothing of it. I don''t wear my rings at work and quite often I''ll go out after work without it. I always conduct myself as I would if my husband were standing right beside me.

How would your fiancee feel about wearing a very thin 4-5 mm wedding band? He would hardly feel it at all since it would be so thin. My girlfriend''s hubby hated rings too but he got a very thin wedding band and said it didn''t bother him at all.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Dh never takes his off, but I wear mine like a watch, sometimes around the house, never leave the house without it, but I find it uncomfortable to sleep with.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
My finance wanted a engagement ring so I got him one, and wears it most of the time. He wanted to let people know he is spoken for, and in a committed relationship. He does take it off when he showers, working out at the gym (says it bothers him with the weights, plus it is an engraved designed ring and he didn''t want to scratch it) and when gardening.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results