shape
carat
color
clarity

Does husband wear wedding band?

Does your husband wear his wedding band?

• He only wears it when around people/family who expect him to

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • He wore it on our wedding day - maybe anniversaries

• No, it''s uncomfortable

• No and he has this whole speech about how not wearing a ring doesn''t mean....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
The other thread concerning diamonds in a man''s wedding band made me want to ask.
My girlfriend is NOT HAPPY that her husband doesn''t want to wear his band.
I asked my bf if he would and he said, well, I think so. Which I guess leaves it up to find out when he gets one.
Sooooo......

njc

Brilliant_Rock
DH had all the excuses listed above of why he didnt want to wear one. My fav was that his dad doesnt wear one... his dad cant because of his job. DH sits in front of a computer all day, so my comment back was, "Oh yeah, those vicious keyboards, you hear about people getting killed by those all the time!"
14.gif

He does wear it most of the time, but occasionally forgets to put it on.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
YOu better believe he does. He better have a good .. REAL good reason to take it off. I consider it disrespectful of he should not waer one...

Erin

Ideal_Rock
you just reminded me of that old email joke

paperclip_suicide.jpg

Rube

Shiny_Rock
My husband wore it on our wedding day and two day honeymoon. Oh, and maybe once or twice since then, but on his index finger (wouldn''t let me get a new size because he insisted he wouldn''t wear it anyway
20.gif
). For all the reasons listed he doesn''t wear it. He''s not a jewelry person, it''s uncomfortable, he DOES use his hands all day (although I use tons of power tools and do heavy moving with my ring... I thought that''s why we got titanium?) He also just doesn''t think about it, doesn''t need to "show" anyone he''s married... etc. etc. etc. What am I to do? It just doesn''t bother me. Wouldn''t make a difference to him if it did.
2.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not married yet but you can bet your a$$ my fiance WILL wear a ring once we''re married. He jokes around about not wearing one, b/c he never has worn jewelry, but I told him "too bad". I normally don''t wear much jewelry either, except a pair of stud earrings and my e-ring. My e-ring took time getting used to and now I feel weird when I forget to put it on.

He''ll get used to it too.
9.gif

I''m with the poster who said she thinks it''s disrespectful to not wear one.
38.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
DH actually wears his wedding ring 24/7, while I don''t wear mine when I showering, sleeping, etc. So I guess he wears his more than I wear mine!
10.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hubby wears his 24/7, never takes it off unless using a shovel or doing something heavy in the yard. It would bother me if he didn''t wear it because of what it represents.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My hubby wears his all the time--except at the gym, in the shower, and when he sleeps. We actually bought him a titanium band to wear when he''s surfing etc., and the platinum band for everything else. A big thing for my DH was finding rings that were comfortable, rings he actually liked. Just as I like getting compliments for my rings, he enjoys the compliments he gets
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH wears his all the time, unless he''s doing something really messy (cooking, etc). I thnk I would feel extremely hurt if he didn''t want to wear his ring. I know wearing it or not doesn''t change the fact that someone is married or not, but it is a symbol of the union and I think it''s important to wear that reminder. I know looking at my ring makes me feel better when I''m down (and not ONLY for the diamonds, but for the man it reminds me of), and I would hope it does the same for him. Plus, I like OTHER people to be reminded that he''s married as well. He gets hit on a lot!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My husband wears his more than I do.....I don''t even wear my original w-band. I wear my SP anniversary band. He says he feels naked without it because it''s a heavy-weight 6mm platinum comfort fit. It''s so banged up and beaten up because he wears it 24/7 even at the gym, and doing yardwork. I bought him a titanium band for Christmas last year, and that''s his "going out" ring. He actually remembers to put on his shiny going-out ring for special occasions. No, he''s not gay.........

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has never worn one. Once we got engaged I bought him a nice wedding band but had to return it as he said he never wanted to wear anykind of ring. His father and my father never wore a wedding ring. I was livid about it, but he just isn''t a jewelry person. So I''m still ticked about it 19 years later. Truth be told now I can''t imagine him with a wedding ring. It just isn''t him.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Starset - Ive never seen that before, but that is hilarious! I hate the office assistant...
11.gif

We had some friends over recently and my friend gasped when she noticed that neither of us had our rings on. I was just like, oh yeah... i havent put any jewelery on yet! DH and i both take our rings off when we sleep, and its a lazy saturday, who cares! Apparently her and her husband NEVER take off their rings... to each his own!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Mine finally wore his first one out! We were in Italy and purchased it about a year before we got married, and he started wearing it then. I took it into the jewelers and they said it was pretty much a lost cause! So, we got him a new Titanium one, which he''s really enjoying! Light and tough! He does take it off for certain work related things, and sometimes switches it to his right hand and wears it there?

I like him to wear it, but he''s always wanted to so it''s worked out great...

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
When we were engaged, my DH-to-be began to wear his class ring on his wedding ring finger to become accustomed to wearing something on that finger. When we got married, the wedding ring (comfort fit gold band) was so much lighter than his class ring, that the transition was easy for him...like I said earlier...he hasn''t taken it off since (except when I want to clean it!)

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I once had a freind that did not wear his band.. he felt that it was not nessacary. I totally disagree. He asked (cause he is a smart alack too) if the reason I wanted my husband to wear his ring was becuase I didn't trust him. I told him "NO... I just know women and I do NOT trust them." When I was single, that was the first thing I looked for when I met a man. I always thought it was disrespectful to a man's wife when he did not feel it was nessacary that others know that he was married to someone. I only wear my wedding band to bed and I do not wear any of them when I shower or work outside. But I NEVER leave the house without at least my wedding ring on. After all ... I am proud of the man that I married, I am proud to be his wife and I am proud to be with him... and I want anyone who is looking to know it. When he has his ring on... he is telling me that he feels the same way....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
He wears it very rarely.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
When we were still in College - for our second anniversary I gave my honey a nice silver braided celtic knot band, and I had one to match. It was kind of silly I don't remember what my exact reasoning was at the time. I guess he and I just knew were were going. His grandmother teased him at the time asking if it was a "wedding band." Well, he has worn that silly band on his right hand EVERY DAY for the last 5 years! He's very protective of it. He says he feels naked without it. When he goes out to the bars he has a tendency to switch it to his left hand as a little defense.
2.gif
He can't wait to trade it in for his wedding band, which I'm sure he'll be the same way about. He's just very cute about it - I guess some guys are just as romantic about jewelry as we ladies are.

Scintillating...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
we''ve been married 19 years.
He rarely wears it now. He has a nice one with diamonds that he only wears when he dresses up (very rare)

He even got some titanium ones last year but doesn''t wear those. He does a lot of work with his hands- but still......

I would love to get him a nice platinum band that he would wear.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LOL, Blake wears his ring everyday- I don''t think he has ever forgotten to wear it... Me on the other hand.... I am currently gazing at my naked finger.... I am so forgetful!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't vote since I'm not married yet, but wanted to share my opinions. Sam will only be wearing his w-band when we go out in the evenings or on the weekend. He won't be able to wear it to work since he is an auto technician. I wouldn't mind either way if he decides to wear or not wear the ring at home.

As for me the only time I'll ever take off my rings is in the shower, going to bed, or putting on lotion. And I probably won't wear my e-ring if I'm exercising, going camping, or something of that sort, but I'll definitely still have my w-band on.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greg LOVES his band (with his small ACA!) and the compliments he gets on it and he's hugely ego-driven sooooo...that means he wears it basically all the time/every day etc. The only time both of us don't wear our bands or rings is when we are hanging out at home on the weekends and haven't showered yet or something...but when we get ready to go out of the house etc we always put them on.

Though sometimes he puts his on the RIGHT HAND, he plays with it alot and whenever I find it on that other hand I say..HEY what's going on! He loves to tease me about it and say 'oh look im single now!'..uh huh!
20.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
So, do any of your husbands have nicknames they give the rings? My hubby says my rings are a "proof of purchase" and that his stands for "paid in full". I was just wondering what others call them to see if those who don''t wear them (and those that do) see the rings differently or if they just aren''t comfortable for some.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 1:24:36 PM
Author: MINE!!
I once had a freind that did not wear his band.. he felt that it was not nessacary. I totally disagree. He asked (cause he is a smart alack too) if the reason I wanted my husband to wear his ring was becuase I didn''t trust him. I told him ''NO... I just know women and I do NOT trust them.'' When I was single, that was the first thing I looked for when I met a man. I always thought it was disrespectful to a man''s wife when he did not feel it was nessacary that others know that he was married to someone. I only wear my wedding band to bed and I do not wear any of them when I shower or work outside. But I NEVER leave the house without at least my wedding ring on. After all ... I am proud of the man that I married, I am proud to be his wife and I am proud to be with him... and I want anyone who is looking to know it. When he has his ring on... he is telling me that he feels the same way....
I know girls who deliberately go for guys who wear rings and/or are married. It''s a game to them to see if the guy will remove it for them.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 2:59:34 PM
Author: ame
Date: 10/14/2005 1:24:36 PM

Author: MINE!!

I once had a freind that did not wear his band.. he felt that it was not nessacary. I totally disagree. He asked (cause he is a smart alack too) if the reason I wanted my husband to wear his ring was becuase I didn''t trust him. I told him ''NO... I just know women and I do NOT trust them.'' When I was single, that was the first thing I looked for when I met a man. I always thought it was disrespectful to a man''s wife when he did not feel it was nessacary that others know that he was married to someone. I only wear my wedding band to bed and I do not wear any of them when I shower or work outside. But I NEVER leave the house without at least my wedding ring on. After all ... I am proud of the man that I married, I am proud to be his wife and I am proud to be with him... and I want anyone who is looking to know it. When he has his ring on... he is telling me that he feels the same way....

I know girls who deliberately go for guys who wear rings and/or are married. It''s a game to them to see if the guy will remove it for them.

That just makes me want to cry...
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 2:46:12 PM
Author: researcher
So, do any of your husbands have nicknames they give the rings? My hubby says my rings are a ''proof of purchase'' and that his stands for ''paid in full''. I was just wondering what others call them to see if those who don''t wear them (and those that do) see the rings differently or if they just aren''t comfortable for some.
Greg says that my rings mean that I am his ''property''...you can bet that goes over well. He''s such a troublemaker!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
MU hubby laughs at me becuase I have serious trust issues when it comes to women. I have VERY few women friends and I just DON"T trust them... women are nasty, mean and vindictive.. and vicious.. IMO. But he thinks it is hilarious when he sees me on Pscope, He says "Honey, you are on a site with a bunch of women you do not know, who are from all different backgrounds, and basically show off their goods (including you) and you have more people on this site that you would call friends that are women than you do in real life. "(and you love to spend time with them...LOL) He just shakes his head and tell me that he cannot believe that I love this site so much! An engima.... BUt on the topic.. I have known women like this as well ame... they are pretty sad. Unfotunately I have heard women brag about how they love married men cause they are so much btter to be with than single men.. it is sickening.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby and I have a jewelry corner on our dresser. That''s where he''ll remember to grab his wallet/keys/phone & etc. We both put them on everyday and we both take''em off everyday when we get home as we move on to home improvement projects! I don''t like wearing any jewelry at home and my ring rarely gets wet! Only when I clean it every other week.
9.gif

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
My spouse only wore his only to work for the first 15 years--and took it off the minute he walked through the door, along with his watch. It always bugged me. Just a little, nagging bit. I mean, what, it''s only for show at work, but not nights & weekends? Of course, if you work in a job where it would be dangerous (ie the trades), then there is a reason.

At about the 15th year, I just stopped wearing my set. After about 2-3 months, he finally asked why. I said, he didn''t wear his, why was it a big deal if I didn''t wear mine. (In fact, he forgot to put it on when we went out ON our 15th anniversary).

I haven''t seen it off of his hand, 24/7 since. It is a respect thing. Men can be quite dense.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband is NOT a jewelry person, but he always wears his wedding band. Never takes it off. His disinterest in jewelry does show through as his band is fairly scratched up as a result of working with tools and wearing during house repairs and all that.

I wear my wedding set a lot less than my DH because I''m obsessed with keeping my rings pristine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results