shape
carat
color
clarity

Does husband wear wedding band?

Does your husband wear his wedding band?

• He only wears it when around people/family who expect him to

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • He wore it on our wedding day - maybe anniversaries

• No, it''s uncomfortable

• No and he has this whole speech about how not wearing a ring doesn''t mean....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My bf''s friend said he''d never been hit on so much since the day he was married because of the ring.
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greg says that most of the compliments he gets on his ring are from women which he of course loves, he's a huge flirt...being an ego driven Leo and all, he loves attention. It just makes me laugh...I want to spend a day in Greggolandia and see what it's like to be adored and loved by all, especially females.
5.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted because although we're not married, Weston has a titanium band that I gave him a few months after he gave me my sapphire/diamond band. He wears it religiously on his left hand, and only takes it off to work out.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 2:59:34 PM
Author: ame

I know girls who deliberately go for guys who wear rings and/or are married. It''s a game to them to see if the guy will remove it for them.
And I can only hope the same happens to them with their husbands ten-fold when they get married someday.

What ever happened to treating people as you would want to be treated? Ugh, makes me sick.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Kev does not wear his at all ever. He never wore it to work because he has to take it off to do his thing. He is an electronics technician at the P.O. Gold is one of the most efficient conductors of electricity on the planet. Rings are also good at catching in machinery. I''d rather have him not wearing the band than dead or dismembered because of it. He''s a flirt and a cutey pie to boot, so he is always getting hit on. They will hit on him in front of me if he is wearing the ring!

Do I care that he does not wear it. Nope. I don''t happen to be insecure about that particular thing. The way I look at it is you cannot stop women from hitting on your man. If he is going to stray, he will, and no piece of jewelry is going to stop that. If the wedding band isn''t on his heart, it doesn''t matter what he does or doesn''t wear on his hand.

Lastly, because he doesn''t wear one, he really cannot say anything if I choose to put my gold band in the safe and get a matchy poochy diamond band to go with my new halo.
9.gif
Every cloud has a silver lining.

Shay

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Scott wears his more than I do. The only time he takes it off is if he is showering. He also wears his father''s wedding ring (which is white gold, his own is yellow) on his right hand.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby wears his more than I do too. He only takes it off when lifting weights at the gym because it gets scratched. He never had any issues with it. My dad, on the other hand has never even had one and my parents have been married for 30+ years so i guess it''s not always a big deal. I would be weirded out if my husand didn''t want to wear it though.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
not married yet, but oh.. my FI will wear one if I have any say about it
3.gif

He likes to joke all of the time that everyone knows I am claimed now since we''re engaged, so I think he should have to show that he has been claimed as well
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love wearing one
30.gif
. i was wearing a 1.47ct rb solitaire ring when i got rob 10 yrs ago.
7.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh! I didn''t know that there were married men who didn''t wear wedding bands?! I mean I guess I knew that their had to be some, and I understand them taking them off for work etc, but.. I KNOW my fiance and he will ALWAYS wear his. I have been nagging him to pick out a band, and he has told me "I don''t really care about the ring for what it looks like, I really just care about what it means.." awww. sweet.. He still needs to pick a band!

Meanwhile, my father''s ring is permanently stuck on his finger (as is my mothers). So obviously he never takes his off either

I don''t really know any guys who don''t wear wedding bands. FI has a friend who was recently married, who works on cars for a living and he was wearing a black band that looked like it might have been some rubberish material on his wedding band finger.. I don''t know if it is his only band or just one he wears to work, but at least he was wearing one!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve been married 16 years and hubbys ring looks like new because he hardly wears it. It''s too dangerous for him to wear it to work. Usually, if we are going out to a special occasion thing I''ll have him put it on along with the fancy watch he hardly wears. It doesn''t bug me at all that he doesn''t wear his ring because of all our freinds I think only 2 wear rings. Odd now that I think about it
33.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
He does if he wants to live
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gave up the battle a long time ago. I''m not happy about it, but that''s the way it is!!!
11.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Marty wears his wedding band 24/7. He only takes it off if we go to the gym or when I clean it. His band is getting that ''worn out'' look and very dull. It''s 14K WG band from Costco; I could get it redipped to make it shiny again but I''m thinking of getting him another band with some bling in it instead so he can wear it on special occasions and just wear the one he''s got for everyday wear.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
J wears his except when he''s doing dishes or other cleaning and when he goes to bed. I wear my band 24/7, ering comes off in the shower and if I''m cleaning.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My hubby wore his for the first few years. I do not like rings on men. It''s just a weird thing I have. When his got too tight, he stopped wearing it and I put it in the lock box.

I just asked him if he ever has women hitting on him because he doesn''t wear a ring. He said no. Poor guy.
2.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I told my boyfriend (we''re engaged) NOT to wear one. I personally don''t like ring son guys. However, we went shopping for a wedding band for him (just for fun) and he told me that he REALLY, REALLY wants to wear one. so I don''t know yet if he''s wearing one.

koko

Shiny_Rock
My husband has worn the same yellow gold band since we got married 25 yrs. ago. About 15 years ago the small speck of a diamond fell out of it & he replaced it with a speck of a ruby that is so dark it just looks like there''s a hole in the ring! I don''t know if he can get it off at this point. But then he doesn''t want it off. He''s big into sentimental value.....

E B

Ideal_Rock
When we''re married, I''d hope my boyfriend wears it all the time. He''s not a jewelry person either, but I don''t find a wedding band to be "just a piece of jewelry". It''s a symbol of marriage!

..and Starset Princess, I''ve also heard men get hit on more with their wedding bands on. Creepy, isn''t it?
38.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the following ring for my boyfriend and he really loves it...this coming from a guy that is 36 and did not like rings up until Christmas 2004...
The Bvlgari (B.zero) ring is white gold with two coils (the one standing on an angle but in white gold)

200110191266.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
My husband wears his wedding ring all the time. I've never really thought about how often he removes it. He has a callous where his ring finger joins his palm from lifting weights and bike riding from the ring. I know there are times he SHOULD remove it because I've spent some time scrubbing paint and bicycle grease off of it!!

My father has his wedding band from 1959 in his nightstand drawer. It's been there for as long as I can remember, along with his dog tags from Vietnam. He can't wear it any more, it's too small. My mom bought him a nice band with diamonds on it 30 years ago for their 15th wedding anniversary. He lost it waterskiing a year later and that was the last time he's had a ring of any kind on any finger. It doesn't bother my mom at all. I've never seen my dad in a piece of jewelry of any kind ever. Not even cufflinks. I take that back, he wears a watch.

Neither one of my in-laws wear "wedding" rings. My FIL wears an initial ring on his left ring finger and my MIL wears a diamond dome fashion ring on hers since her wedding set was stolen 22 years ago. They've been married 46 years.

I don't see a wedding band offering any sort of security. If a man wants to cheat, he'll cheat. A ring is easily slipped off and into a pocket. One of my good friends says she finds her husband's ring in the bottom of the washer all the time. What does that tell you?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband tried to wear the wedding band we bought for a few days after we were married in a double ring ceremony. He always had his hand in a weird position as if he were trying to get comfortable during those days. Later he started to put it on for family occasions. (I had forgotten this phase of out marriage until this thread! I wanted him to wear it with my family and friends. It''s hard to believe I ever felt that way!)

Once-during the first five years of our marriage-we were at a friend''s family home in Maryland. Lutherville, Maryland. She was about to go get married in a small, civil ceremony. My husband and I were to be the witnesses. My husband took out his wallet under her kitchen table and tried to put on his wedding band discreetly. A male friend of my engaged friend across the table noticed the surreptitious fiddling with the ring and started to laugh. He said that most men did it the other way ''round, taking off their wedding rings on the sly!

My husband hasn''t worn a ring in so many years that I don''t even know if we know where it is anymore!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2005 10:00:43 PM
Author: pearcrazy
What does that tell you?

That her husband wears clothing. That he washes his clothing or puts it somewhere for someone else to wash. That his wife dries the laundry. That he either leaves the ring inside an article of clothing or throws it into the washer. That the ring stays clean. I am sure there are more things, but I cannot think of any right now.

Deb :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a man wants to cheat, he'll cheat. A ring is easily slipped off and into a pocket.

Not every married person who has an affair tries to hide the fact he is married. I wouldn't bother.

Deb

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I have matching 5mm gold wedding bands. He never takes his off, ever. Once when we were first married, he took it off to play softball, and he lost it. He was so upset! I mean really, truly upset. He''s very sentimental (and I think a little superstitious) about things like that. I offered to buy him another one, but he wouldn''t hear of it! He only wanted the one that was blessed by the priest at our wedding. He kept looking and looking for it, poor guy. We even went to the ball diamond with flashlights after the game to see if it was there somewhere. About a week later, we found it...it was in one of his socks! He thinks he must have taken it off and put it in his pocket, and later it fell out of his pocket in the washing machine and somehow got into one of his socks. He was so relieved! The only other time he ever took it off was when he had to have surgery. He wouldn''t even leave the ring at home in my jewelry box while he was at the hospital. He made me wear it on my thumb until they let him put it back on.

Also, what Ame said about some women going after men who are obviously married and wearing a ring is true! I''ve know women like that. It stinks! My husband has been hit on by women that not only knew he was married (because of the ring) but knew who I was!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2005 3:47:14 PM
Author: Mara
I want to spend a day in Greggolandia and see what it''s like to be adored and loved by all, especially females.

I would say you spend every day there! You are certainly adored here, and as for, "especially by females"...I think there are many more of us females here than there are males!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 10:29:50 PM
Author: AGBF

What does that tell you?

That her husband wears clothing. That he washes his clothing or puts it somewhere for someone else to wash. That his wife dries the laundry. That he either leaves the ring inside an article of clothing or throws it into the washer. That the ring stays clean. I am sure there are more things, but I cannot think of any right now.

Hey, I'm sure he'd love for you to be his wife if any of those other scenarios would fly in your house. Unfortunately my friend usually finds it in his pants pocket or the washer the day after he's been out with the guys and has stayed out until 4 am and turns his cell phone off. My DH and I have caught him in the act of slipping his ring off and buying a beer for another woman so sorry, you're theories are VERY highly unlikely in his case. Nice try though!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 10:33:55 PM
Author: AGBF

If a man wants to cheat, he''ll cheat. A ring is easily slipped off and into a pocket.

Not every married person who has an affair tries to hide the fact he is married. I wouldn''t bother.

Deb
Maybe you wouldn''t bother but a lot of other people would. Again that goes back to my point that if a man wants to cheat, he''ll cheat, ring or no ring, however many single women DO care if a man is married when they are looking for a relationship. A man who decides that a potential lover would have the scruples to turn down his advances if she knows he''s married might try to conceal that fact if he thought it would get him what he wanted.

Just where did I say that EVERY married person who wants to have an affair hides his marital status anyway??

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2005 3:49:07 PM
Unfortunately my friend usually finds it in his pants pocket or the washer the day after he''s been out with the guys and has stayed out until 4 am and turns his cell phone off. My DH and I have caught him in the act of slipping his ring off and buying a beer for another woman so sorry, you''re theories are VERY highly unlikely in his case. Nice try though!!

If your friend is in an unhappy situation, I am sorry for that. When I first read the scenario it wasn''t quite as explicitly stated as it has been now. I do not wish anyone to be unhappy, certainly not a woman who doesn''t deserve to be treated badly.

Deb

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 2:59:34 PM
Author: ame

Date: 10/14/2005 1:24:36 PM
Author: MINE!!
I once had a freind that did not wear his band.. he felt that it was not nessacary. I totally disagree. He asked (cause he is a smart alack too) if the reason I wanted my husband to wear his ring was becuase I didn''t trust him. I told him ''NO... I just know women and I do NOT trust them.'' When I was single, that was the first thing I looked for when I met a man. I always thought it was disrespectful to a man''s wife when he did not feel it was nessacary that others know that he was married to someone. I only wear my wedding band to bed and I do not wear any of them when I shower or work outside. But I NEVER leave the house without at least my wedding ring on. After all ... I am proud of the man that I married, I am proud to be his wife and I am proud to be with him... and I want anyone who is looking to know it. When he has his ring on... he is telling me that he feels the same way....
I know girls who deliberately go for guys who wear rings and/or are married. It''s a game to them to see if the guy will remove it for them.
B**ches.
29.gif
Girls like that deserve to have horrible things happen to them. I''ll leave it at that.
38.gif
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results