shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone regret choosing a pave setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:36:50 PM
Author: deegee
I regret getting a pave setting, but only because I can''t put it in a ultrasonic cleaner. I have never lost a stone and I''m not very careful with it, so I guess I''ve been lucky. I have been thinking about resetting my rb with side baguettes. I love that look.
Thanks deegee. I appreciate your response. I know what you mean about the RB with baguettes-I love that look!!! It makes my heart go pitter patter, but I am afraid that it will take away from the center stone. What are your thoughts on that?

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:43:07 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 11/10/2008 8:38:16 PM
Author: Kasey3

Date: 11/10/2008 6:56:37 PM

I don''t know if I regretted it per se, but I DID change my ering setting when my old one got damaged. Just so much more versatile to mix and match bands. With a pave ering I think you have fewer band options because to *me* mostly only the matching bands or a plain band looked right.
Thanks neatfreak-I love your WB. Where did you get it, and any trouble with it?

Thanks! It''s from Signed Pieces and so far so good with it. I''ve been wearing it daily for a year and no stones lost. I even occasionally put it in the u/s too...
I am happy to hear that! It sure is beautiful-I love your cushion as well!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:43:07 PM

Date: 11/10/2008 8:38:16 PM

Date: 11/10/2008 6:56:37 PM

I don't know if I regretted it per se, but I DID change my ering setting when my old one got damaged. Just so much more versatile to mix and match bands. With a pave ering I think you have fewer band options because to *me* mostly only the matching bands or a plain band looked right.
Thanks neatfreak-I love your WB. Where did you get it, and any trouble with it?

Thanks! It's from Signed Pieces and so far so good with it. I've been wearing it daily for a year and no stones lost. I even occasionally put it in the u/s too...
sorry! double post!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 9:07:38 PM

Date: 11/10/2008 7:26:41 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
I don't regret the pave on my ER. However, I also don't plan on wearing my WB with it. I do have a RHR with pave where a few stones have popped out. I regret that purchase only because that ring is on the box a lot more than it's on my finger!

bgray, have you ever posted your rings? If yes, I'd
30.gif
to see them!
I am so happy that you replied CDNinNYC! I love your leon!!!!! I have a ton of questions for you!! Sorry!!

Has the pave held up well in normal everyday situations?

Is the 3 sided pave comfortable?

How wide is it?

Will you switch your ering to your RH when you get married, or will you where no WB at all? The reason that I ask is that I really love your setting, and it may ultimately be the one that I choose-and if I do, I plan on wearing it as a single ring on my left hand to serve as a Er/Wb combo, but I just don't know if it is wide enough for that look. What do you think? Also, do you have any profile pics? And any more pics ( I have examined and drooled over every pic in you thread!!!! and i need more!!!!)
I'm so glad you like it!
36.gif
The pave has held up really well; no stones have popped out since I received it in May.

I wear it everyday but take it off when I get home. I don't do the dishes, take a shower, or sleep with it. The 3-sided pave is remarkably comfortable. I think it's because the shank is so low and thin. The shank is also a comfort band, which helps.

The width is 1.6mm.

When I get married, I plan to continue wearing my ER on my left hand (I prefer it there) and will wear my WB on my right. My parents are from Europe where it's more common to do so and I'm comfortable following that tradition.

I definitely think the ring is wide enough to be worn on its own. Also, I don't know how long/thin your fingers are but mine are on the shorter side and I prefer not to have 'too much' ring on one finger if that makes sense!
19.gif

I do have more photos. Maybe I can post them on my thread so yours isn't over-run.

Do you live near Leon's shop or would you be doing business with him long-distance if you chose to go that route?

ETA: I also wash the ring about once a week with a baby toothbrush, mild dish detergent and warm water.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I regretted it and changed to a carved/chased/engraved setting that is reminiscent of the look but more interesting IMO. I''m not keen on the idea of having to take my ring to have stones replaced. If you do require repairs on your pave, I would suggest taking it to a jeweler who has a laser welder. It is often fast (if your jeweler has one on site) and when used correctly reduces the likelihood of scorched diamonds and metal.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t regret it one bit! I LOVE seeing all those little diamonds smiling and sparkling at me
31.gif
! I do worry that I''ll lose a stone, but that''s not the end of the world. I would chose pave again in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results