shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone regret choosing a pave setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
I currently have a Superbcert Tiff rep solitaire, and I am contemplating a setting change. I love the solitaire look-but I also love pave settings, and unfortunately I also love the RB with baguettes setting too. I won''t be making a final decision until Feb/March of 09 but I am of course stressing about it now!!!

I am just curious to know if anyone has regrets about choosing a setting with pave of any kind, and if yes what would you choose now instead? and why. If no.regrets...tell me why you still love/like it.

Thanks in advance

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love pave and I have never regretted chosing this style. I still love it! However, I did regret purchasing lower quality pave. My setting smooshed because it was so thin and I lost stones every now and then too. However, after replacing my pave setting with a newer higher quality setting by danhov I am very very happy. It''s been almost a year with the new setting and I haven''t lost any stones. I suggest definitely going with a high quality pave setting if you decide to go this route. Not all pave is created equal.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I regretted it per se, but I DID change my ering setting when my old one got damaged. Just so much more versatile to mix and match bands. With a pave ering I think you have fewer band options because to *me* mostly only the matching bands or a plain band looked right.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me, I regret the halo paved RHR I have for my asscher. It was a custom job by a jeweler that many PS''er have used. While they do great work, and I do a great job of babying the ring, the melee has fallen out several times. So for an ering, I would not go the pave route. When I wore this ring, I was always looking down on it, making sure all the melee was still there. It''s sitting in it''s lovely box collecting dust.
14.gif
JMHO>

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:00:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Me, I regret the halo paved RHR I have for my asscher. It was a custom job by a jeweler that many PS''er have used. While they do great work, and I do a great job of babying the ring, the melee has fallen out several times. So for an ering, I would not go the pave route. When I wore this ring, I was always looking down on it, making sure all the melee was still there. It''s sitting in it''s lovely box collecting dust.
14.gif
JMHO>

You can send it to me Kaleigh.
12.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i had an elaborate pave setting by Leon Mege that was just too much .............overdesigned and over pave'd. I now have a very simple mounting with half carat side stones--i have three bands that i mix it with and i am much happier. I think pave was overdone and trendy for a while (it was everywhere and on everything) and it wasnt AS special anymore---there is a reason tiffany has sold their simple mountings for many many years..............

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I regret choosing micro pave. If you look on Leon Mege''s websight, he talks about different kinds of pave. I like the v cut and the mushroom pave better than the micro. Sometimes I want something more simple, and may end up resetting. I haven''t had any stones fall out of my ering, but I do have a pave ring that has lost several stones.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.36 RB on a 2mm fishtail pave band and it is beautiful. BUT, I do regret that I can''t clean it in the ultrasound... I never feel like my center stone is never SQUEAKY CLEAN. Other than that, I still love the style.

puravida

Shiny_Rock
I''m new to PS so take my suggestion with a grain of salt
2.gif

From what I''ve read, the "fishtail" type setting that looks like pave but isn''t quite pave is an alternate option. You still get the sparkle but with more security for the stones. Also, instead of gpoing pave on all sides of the band (3 side) maybe consider pave just on the top. This way there won''t be any stones on the side to "bumb" into your wedding band.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I don''t regret the pave on my ER. However, I also don''t plan on wearing my WB with it. I do have a RHR with pave where a few stones have popped out. I regret that purchase only because that ring is on the box a lot more than it''s on my finger!

bgray, have you ever posted your rings? If yes, I''d
30.gif
to see them!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:26:41 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
I don''t regret the pave on my ER. However, I also don''t plan on wearing my WB with it. I do have a RHR with pave where a few stones have popped out. I regret that purchase only because that ring is on the box a lot more than it''s on my finger!

30.gif
to see them!
i cant get my photos to load!

puravida

Shiny_Rock
Actually, Lynn B''s ring is exactly the ring that came to mind when I posted, above.

Hers is one of my favourite styles, I must say!

LynnB: I know there''s a thread where you descirbe the designing of your ring in detail but I''ll ask here anyway....is your e-ring (and w-band) designed after a Michael B setting. The Michael B collection just arrived to my local B&M and I couldn''t help popping in to try some on today. I do recall trying on an ering that had a fishtail band seemingly like yours.....

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:32:29 PM
Author: bgray

30.gif
to see them!
i cant get my photos to load!

Well, that sucks!

2.gif
Maybe you can email the admin to up load them. We can never have too much bling to ogle and it sounds lilke your three-stone is divine!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my er is a legacy inspired ring with an asscher and i have never had any problems with the pave. i have had the ring for about a year and a half and i have no regrets. i also have the tiffany etoile pave e-ring that i wear as an rhr and i haven''t had any problems with it either.

i do know that i wouldn''t be comfortable with three sided pave or eternity style pave though. i have my limits as to what i know i won''t ruin, lol.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:03:13 PM
Author: neatfreak

Me, I regret the halo paved RHR I have for my asscher. It was a custom job by a jeweler that many PS'er have used. While they do great work, and I do a great job of babying the ring, the melee has fallen out several times. So for an ering, I would not go the pave route. When I wore this ring, I was always looking down on it, making sure all the melee was still there. It's sitting in it's lovely box collecting dust.
14.gif
JMHO>

You can send it to me Kaleigh.
12.gif

ha, I was thinking the same thing
2.gif
I love pave but didn't like having to baby it. I just found that I want to be able to wear my rings all the time and with my lifestyle a pave ring just doesn't work. But it sure is beautiful. I do agree with the above posters who said that quality does matter, not all pave is created equal.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have pave and I just love it! I have never lost a stone (as of yet...) and it sparkles like mad!!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
You guys are great!! I really appreciate all of your input!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 6:55:53 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I love pave and I have never regretted chosing this style. I still love it! However, I did regret purchasing lower quality pave. My setting smooshed because it was so thin and I lost stones every now and then too. However, after replacing my pave setting with a newer higher quality setting by danhov I am very very happy. It''s been almost a year with the new setting and I haven''t lost any stones. I suggest definitely going with a high quality pave setting if you decide to go this route. Not all pave is created equal.
Thanks kcoursolle your rings are beautiful! I love your WF WB. Do you where them together?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I regret getting a pave setting, but only because I can''t put it in a ultrasonic cleaner. I have never lost a stone and I''m not very careful with it, so I guess I''ve been lucky. I have been thinking about resetting my rb with side baguettes. I love that look.

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 6:56:37 PM
I don''t know if I regretted it per se, but I DID change my ering setting when my old one got damaged. Just so much more versatile to mix and match bands. With a pave ering I think you have fewer band options because to *me* mostly only the matching bands or a plain band looked right.
Thanks neatfreak-I love your WB. Where did you get it, and any trouble with it?

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
14.gif
JMHO>
Thanks for the reply Kaleigh-definately something to think about! And I am sorry to hear about your RHR.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:38:16 PM
Author: Kasey3
Date: 11/10/2008 6:56:37 PM

Thanks neatfreak-I love your WB. Where did you get it, and any trouble with it?

Thanks! It''s from Signed Pieces and so far so good with it. I''ve been wearing it daily for a year and no stones lost. I even occasionally put it in the u/s too...

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experience, I would love to see pics of your ring!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:16:48 PM
Author: bgray
i had an elaborate pave setting by Leon Mege that was just too much .............overdesigned and over pave'd. I now have a very simple mounting with half carat side stones--i have three bands that i mix it with and i am much happier. I think pave was overdone and trendy for a while (it was everywhere and on everything) and it wasnt AS special anymore---there is a reason tiffany has sold their simple mountings for many many years..............
Sorry bgray the above post was for you!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:19:40 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Sometimes I regret choosing micro pave. If you look on Leon Mege''s websight, he talks about different kinds of pave. I like the v cut and the mushroom pave better than the micro. Sometimes I want something more simple, and may end up resetting. I haven''t had any stones fall out of my ering, but I do have a pave ring that has lost several stones.
Thanks for your reply! How long have you had your setting? Do you have to baby it? If you do change will it be to a solitaire?

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:23:02 PM
Author: Lynn B
I have a 2.36 RB on a 2mm fishtail pave band and it is beautiful. BUT, I do regret that I can''t clean it in the ultrasound... I never feel like my center stone is never SQUEAKY CLEAN. Other than that, I still love the style.
Thanks Lynn

I love your set and i know what you mean about a squeaky clean stone- I would miss that!!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:23:45 PM
Author: puravida
I''m new to PS so take my suggestion with a grain of salt
2.gif

From what I''ve read, the ''fishtail'' type setting that looks like pave but isn''t quite pave is an alternate option. You still get the sparkle but with more security for the stones. Also, instead of gpoing pave on all sides of the band (3 side) maybe consider pave just on the top. This way there won''t be any stones on the side to ''bumb'' into your wedding band.
thanks for your thoughts puravida. I am definately waffling on this! I love the pave and love the 3 sided look, I also love the bright cut pave single sided by Leon. if I choose 3 sided i will not wear a WB with it. Thankfully i have time to decide!!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 8:49:44 PM
Author: Kasey3
Date: 11/10/2008 7:19:40 PM

Author: iluvcarats

Thanks for your reply! How long have you had your setting? Do you have to baby it? If you do change will it be to a solitaire?

I''ve had it for 6 or 7 months. I don''t baby it, but I take it off more than if I had a plain metal band. My wb is full eternity (not pave) but my ER is 2/3 of the way. I wouldn''t change it to a traditional solitaire. LM has a bezel set solitaire that has me thinking. I like diamonds on the band, but I don''t think 3 sided is necessary (IMO) Not sure
33.gif

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock

30.gif
to see them!
I am so happy that you replied CDNinNYC! I love your leon!!!!! I have a ton of questions for you!! Sorry!!

Has the pave held up well in normal everyday situations?

Is the 3 sided pave comfortable?

How wide is it?

Will you switch your ering to your RH when you get married, or will you where no WB at all? The reason that I ask is that I really love your setting, and it may ultimately be the one that I choose-and if I do, I plan on wearing it as a single ring on my left hand to serve as a Er/Wb combo, but I just don''t know if it is wide enough for that look. What do you think? Also, do you have any profile pics? And any more pics ( I have examined and drooled over every pic in you thread!!!! and i need more!!!!)

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 7:48:25 PM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover
my er is a legacy inspired ring with an asscher and i have never had any problems with the pave. i have had the ring for about a year and a half and i have no regrets. i also have the tiffany etoile pave e-ring that i wear as an rhr and i haven''t had any problems with it either.

i do know that i wouldn''t be comfortable with three sided pave or eternity style pave though. i have my limits as to what i know i won''t ruin, lol.
Thanks Asscherhalo! I am happy to hear that you have had no troubles and no regrets!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results