shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
I was looking at this engagement ring setting from signed pieces, and I was wondering if anyone on here owns it. Do you think this setting would overwhelm a stone in the half carat range? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Stock #: F70

"The mounting has 28 channel-set all the way around round brilliant cut diamonds. The diamonds are 0.79ct total weight and they are F-G color and VVS-VS clarity. The ring is size 6 (for other sizes, please call for more detailed information) and it weighs 4.3gr. The ring is 3.1mm wide and 1.8mm thick. The ring is laser-inscribed "Facets MTG", "PT950", and "D0.79ct" and it is brand new."

facetsF70.jpg

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello :)

Afraid I don''t have that setting, but just thought I would say that I think it''s lovely.

To my eyes it has a lovely simplicity. Also, the half-carat diamond would be set nicely above the rest of the ring, so that the beauty of the main stone can stand out.

I think it would be gorgeous. :)

Have you bought your main diamond yet?

x

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I have purchased a center diamond. It is .41 D VS2 round AGS0 (4.75x4.79x2.92). I just worry because the band itself is 3.1 mm wide that the center diamond will kind of get lost in the band.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
JMHO, but I think because the stones are channel set rather than shared prong you''ll be okay! You''ll have the metal on the band to kind of break it up.

I would post another pic of the setting showing the front-on view and see if you can get someone here to photoshop it for you (I recently had the same concerns and someone was kind enough to photoshop it for me! https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photoshop-help-please.77262/ )

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say that your centre stone sounds absolutely stunning... D colour AGS0 mmmmmmmmmm :)

That baby will sparkle so much you won''t notice the rest of the ring! LOL!

x

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results