shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anybody have a GRADUATED 5 stone ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Never thought I liked these at all, but the pics of you ladies'' rings are beautiful.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 5:19:31 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Date: 7/7/2009 3:49:29 PM
Author: Catmom
Hi whitby,

I have a graduated 5 stone. It''s one ctw and is a shared prong. Here it is with my sapphire ring. I think using your diamonds that way would be a great idea!

Catmom - THANKS!

that''s really helpful - and close to what i''m picturing, should i go down the shared prong path as opposed to doing a bezel or milgrain of some description.

would you mind giving me the sizes of the stones? i''m having the most problems trying to get a sense of proportion on this.

thanks Michelle
35.gif

and by the way - your five stone with your sapphire is, as woobug would say, WOOOOOOOOO!
9.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks whitby!! I personally like a shared prong vs a bezel but that''s just my own opinion. My stone sizes are 2 .15s, 2 .20s and a .30. It''s 1 ct total weight.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the feedback – ms.halo, legra, thing2of2, popcorn, lori (hi lori!), and black jade

And CatMom, thanks for getting back to me with your stats – that was really helpful.

The project I have in mind is a nice diamond ring to go with my remade wedding band; I love bands more than solitaires (the curse of having large fingers – NO solitaire is large enough – well, not one I can afford, anyway!) and I want a ring which is blingy but still looks ‘approachable’. I love rings with an older style to them – perhaps I’m trying to recreate my youth when I used to check out the rings on the older ladies I’d encounter at church and at my part time job! – but I like them to have a modern twist. Leon’s work seems to encapsulate this; the classic feel with the modern edge.

I’ll definitely keep you posted as this project progresses, but it will be slow, as this isn’t going to happen in a hurry.

Thanks for all your thoughts and – if anyone else has anything out there – please keep them coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results