shape
carat
color
clarity

Does a great diamond need to fill exactly in the proportions table?

akitasumo

Rough_Rock
Hi, looking at buying this diamond for our 10 year anniversary, it 2.29 ct, color e, clarity flawless-
tabletop is 56%
crown angle is 35.5 degrees
pavilion angle is 40.8 degrees
depth is 62.7%

The crown angle and depth are just a bit out of the ranges in the proportion table. Would this be a high quality stone with great brilliance?

Thank all you experts in advance.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Graded by GIA or AGS? how much?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm somewhat doubtful about it since it looks "steep/deep". I don't think this is the best choice. If you give us your budget we can help you!!

akitasumo

Rough_Rock
gia, 50k asking

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any advanced images like ASET or IS? For 50k I would want the best possible cut.

Does it need to be FL clarity? IMHO everything higher than VS1 is overkill (I personally like VS2/SI1 for value, but obviously not everyone would agree with that). I say that bc you aren't going to see inclusions with the naked eye on any of them above vs2 and you are paying more $$ for something invisible.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those numbers can go either way, top of the line or just a bit under assuming great optical symmetry and min. painting digging, the gia gross rounding makes it even more impossible to say just by the numbers.

akitasumo

Rough_Rock
Here are the IS photos 564.jpeg 568.jpeg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are H&A pics. Any I-scope and ASET pics?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
$50k for a 2.29 ct with an HCA over 2?!? You most certainly can do better even without the premium of a branded super ideal. You’ve come to the right place though...the experts here will help. Can’t wait to see what is recommended!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
What are the measurements? The WF E VVS mentioned above is virtually flawless at VVS and it may be pretty much the same diameter ... and quite a bit less money ... and gorgeous ... for your budget, I hope that you are not in a hurry and follow the advice here ... you can do better than the stone you have posted ...:wavey:

acted

Rough_Rock
I like that FL clarity.
E is kind of very white almost fake LoL
F/FL or G/FL could save you some for bigger stone perhaps?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that FL clarity.
E is kind of very white almost fake LoL
F/FL or G/FL could save you some for bigger stone perhaps?
FL clarity is extremely unnecessary unless there are cultural reasons. It literally gives no benefit visaully.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results