shape
carat
color
clarity

Documentary stating 5-20 % of "mined" diamonds are really of lab origin...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I watched the documentary - Dusan was in fact moonlighting as an Uber driver, in the wake of all the expensive “black box” type apparatus for identifying lab vs natural diamonds, there seemed to be a decrease in demand for a serious lab like his.

It was really very sad. In my opinion he very much came across as a serious scientist. He seems to be critical of the idea the these $5,000 “fool proof” detection apparatus were as accurate as they claimed.

I hope he finds a new niche for his valuable skills.

I will find a link to a webinar with his partner Branko interviewing the lab director at Stuller.
10m stones checked each year.
Guy Borestien ex GIA colored diamond lab

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will find a link to a webinar with his partner Branko interviewing the lab director at Stuller.
10m stones checked each year.
Guy Borestien ex GIA colored diamond lab

Here it is:
The main point is there is no single yes / no instrument to identify grown vs natural diamond. The Webinar is about 1 hour 30 minutes.
(Dusan is Branko's partner in many projects)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Somewhat relatedly, I'm lecturing at GIA's headquarters tomorrow about lab diamonds and will be tangentially covering a number of topics in this thread, if you want to join the livestream. Details are here:
Thanks Jason and Lindsay for a very informative webinar.
It seems the 4C's are insufficient for grown diamonds just as they are for natural diamonds!

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
Here it is:
The main point is there is no single yes / no instrument to identify grown vs natural diamond. The Webinar is about 1 hour 30 minutes.
(Dusan is Branko's partner in many projects)

Thank you for posting - such an interesting and informative lecture!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results