shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm Guest Lecturing at GIA HQ Tomorrow - Beyond the 4Cs of Lab Diamonds - Watch Livestream March 1st @ 3:15PM PT

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi fellow diamond geeks-

GIA asked my cofounder and I to speak to their graduate gemologists on the quality characteristics of lab diamonds beyond the 4 C's. The lecture will be tomorrow March 1st at 3:15 PM PST (UTC -08:00) and livestreamed on GIA's Facebook and Instagram pages and posted to GIA’s YouTube channel after the fact.

Ada Diamonds @ GIA - Beyond the 4Cs of Lab Diamonds - March 1st 2023.jpg

We'll start off with material that is approachable to the layperson, and then dive deeper into more advanced topics along with numerous examples of good, bad, and ugly lab diamonds. We'll even show a few diamonds that stumped GIA's leading scientists as to how and why they have the defects they have. We'll touching on brown, gray, strain, striations, LPHT treatment, HPHT treatment, blue, green, and phosphorescence. We'll even discuss the techniques some growers use to obfuscate the dopants they use to grow diamonds as fast as possible.

I'm sharing this on RockyTalky rather than MMDs, as our guest lecture should be interesting and informative to all members of the trade, regardless of your opinion and/or experience with lab diamonds. IE even if you're steadfastly in the never synthetics camp, you'll certainly learn a lot (and probably gain some ammunition for your viewpoints). That being said, mods please feel free to move if not appropriate.

We'd love to have you join, either live tomorrow or at a later date when convenient for you!

This is just a few of the many examples we'll present tomorrow:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to this!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I will enjoy watching this too.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That was interesting and well worth watching.
Awesome job!
Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results