shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your colored gemstone rings to work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And if so, what do people say? Do you get lots of looks? Are you afraid to wear them because they might not give you a raise (LOL)?

I wear my green/pink diamond rose gold ring everyday, and I get lots and lots of looks. People can't figure out what it is because it sparkles like a diamond, but it's not white. I get lots of stares at my tourmaline rings as well, and actually men comment more than ladies, which I find strange but interesting.

ETA: The only time someone realized what my green diamond was happened at an estate jewelry store recently. She just grabbed my hand, and exclaimed "is that a green diamond!!?" That made me happy that SOMEONE realized what it was.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Hey TL, I totally plan on wearing my spinel ring to work. I work in a library, so there''s not much threat of it getting injured. Also, it''s graduation present (to myself) my raises aren''t tied to my performance (silly, IMO) so that wouldn''t matter.

I have, however, gotten *a lot* of comments on my engagement ring from people, but that''s mainly because the desk where I work has little pendant lights above it, and it makes my Whiteflash ring literally do just that! It makes even crummy stones sparkle like mad, so when I get a compliment, I always say "Thanks, yours is great in this lighting too!"
9.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I wear them all the time, but I get relatively few comments. I don''t think there''s a lot of people into gemstones where I work.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:29:13 PM
Author:tourmaline_lover
And if so, what do people say? Do you get lots of looks? Are you afraid to wear them because they might not give you a raise (LOL)?

I wear my green/pink diamond rose gold ring everyday, and I get lots and lots of looks. People can't figure out what it is because it sparkles like a diamond, but it's not white. I get lots of stares at my tourmaline rings as well, and actually men comment more than ladies, which I find strange but interesting.
The BLUEBERRY comes to work with me every day (yep! I've gone back to work!!
36.gif
).

People stare at it. TL: The ones that actually comment on mine are usually men as well. I don't know why...though I'm 'in charge' of 75% of the staff, most of whom are young female administrative assistants. I think most young women seem to be more into the diamonds than gemstones.

LS

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 3:41:29 PM
Author: LostSapphire

The BLUEBERRY comes to work with me every day (yep! I've gone back to work!!
36.gif
).

People stare at it. The ones that actually comment are usually men. I don't know why...though I'm 'in charge' of 75% of the staff, most of whom are young female administrative assistants. I think most young women seem to be more into the diamonds than gemstones.

LS
I notice that women will stare, and men will comment. It's interesting. When I see an interesting and/or beautiful piece of jewelry, I always comment. If I saw your sapphire ring, I'd be stalking you at work.
27.gif
32.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:43:02 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 3/27/2009 3:41:29 PM

I wear my green/pink diamond rose gold ring everyday, and I get lots and lots of looks. People can''t figure out what it is because it sparkles like a diamond, but it''s not white. I get lots of stares at my tourmaline rings as well, and actually men comment more than ladies, which I find strange but interesting.
The BLUEBERRY comes to work with me every day (yep! I''ve gone back to work!!
36.gif
).

People stare at it. The ones that actually comment are usually men. I don''t know why...though I''m ''in charge'' of 75% of the staff, most of whom are young female administrative assistants. I think most young women seem to be more into the diamonds than gemstones.

LS
I notice that women will stare, and men will comment. It''s interesting. When I see an interesting and/or beautiful piece of jewelry, I always comment. If I saw your sapphire ring, I''d be stalking you at work.
27.gif
32.gif
Yup. Yup. Yup.

And it''s not like the BLUEBERRY doesn''t have enough diamonds in her hair to make even the most diamond crazy girl happy!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yes - but then it''s my engagement ring.

I don''t get many comments, but then this is the UK where people are a) less likely to say anything in case it comes across as inappropriate (even I have to know someone well to ask for a closer look) b) most people just don''t notice jewellery and c) coloured e-rings are pretty normal here.

My direct colleagues know I''m nuts about rocks and if I get a new rock package in the post they all want to see what is in it and although they all oooh and aaah over the stones, they''re not obsessed like me.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, but only one or two ever notice, mostly because I interact with the same 3 people every day, and that''s about it!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:43:02 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I notice that women will stare, and men will comment. It''s interesting. When I see an interesting and/or beautiful piece of jewelry, I always comment. If I saw your sapphire ring, I''d be stalking you at work.
27.gif
32.gif
The strangest comment I''ve ever gotten was from one of our lawyers: he did a stint in Afghanistan and was all over my ring...he had brought some sapphires back to be set into rings for his Mother and MIL and I guess the BLUEBERRY was quite a bit "bluer and vivid" than the dark navy stones he had bought in the Marketplace over there...
11.gif
. I was quite restrained when he showed them to me but when he made a *snarky* comment about how much he thought I paid for it, I bit my tongue and smiled to myself. (lawyers are SUCH SNOTS).

I guess Jeff White doesn''t cut for the Afghani''s.
9.gif

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:26:52 PM
Author: geckodani

And it's not like the BLUEBERRY doesn't have enough diamonds in her hair to make even the most diamond crazy girl happy!!!
Thanks Gecko!

Yeah, those WF ACA's are pretty sparkly if I do say so myself...but those pears? FAT PEARS ROCK!
LS
(can you tell I still LOVE my ring?)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LS, no one can beat your blueberry, it is one gorgeous ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I wear my spinel all the time. My boss loves gemstones and she always shows me her rings, so we chat about gems all the time. I love that about her
1.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:27:49 PM
Author: Pandora II
Yes - but then it''s my engagement ring.

I don''t get many comments, but then this is the UK where people are a) less likely to say anything in case it comes across as inappropriate (even I have to know someone well to ask for a closer look) b) most people just don''t notice jewellery and c) coloured e-rings are pretty normal here.

My direct colleagues know I''m nuts about rocks and if I get a new rock package in the post they all want to see what is in it and although they all oooh and aaah over the stones, they''re not obsessed like me.
Pandora:
Do people ever ask you what kind of stone it is?

I don''t know if before PS I''d have known myself....probably would have guessed "an emerald" like a goof....

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:48:53 PM
Author: Linda W
LS, no one can beat your blueberry, it is one gorgeous ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you Linda.

I''m starting to enjoy wearing my jewellery again. It sat in the drawer for about 6 weeks but I"M BACK!
9.gif

LS

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad LS. I am also very happy that you are feeling better and that horrible monster is gone!!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I wear them to work. No one says anything. This is a very reserved part of the country. And, I think that the lighting at work is not very gemstone friendly.

I did drop by the jewelry store today, while wearing my Artcutgems Royal Rhodolite suite. It sparkles like the dickens in the those lights, and one of the sales associates was going gaga over them ("the color and saturation are incredible.."). That was fun!
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:48:25 PM
Date: 3/27/2009 4:26:52 PM

Author: geckodani

And it''s not like the BLUEBERRY doesn''t have enough diamonds in her hair to make even the most diamond crazy girl happy!!!

Thanks Gecko!

Yeah, those WF ACA''s are pretty sparkly if I do say so myself...but those pears? FAT PEARS ROCK!

LS

(can you tell I still LOVE my ring?)

Yummy fat little pears!

If I ever got any of my stuff set, I would wear them to work.

Sometimes when I wear some of my fakey colored stones (mostly with my w-band) a few people will ask. LS- I probably wouldn''t ask you the first time we met, but by the second time I''d be all over it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I wear the sapphire to work. I have had a couple people ask me if it is an e-ring (even though I wear it on the R hand). After I say no, they ask if it is a sapphire. I usually get a compliment after that. But only a couple people have said something. And they have been mostly guys.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 5:07:10 PM
Author: mercoledi
LS- I probably wouldn''t ask you the first time we met, but by the second time I''d be all over it.
HA!
9.gif

Can you imagine if we all met one day? One giant ringfest!!!!
LS

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 5:09:29 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I wear the sapphire to work. I have had a couple people ask me if it is an e-ring (even though I wear it on the R hand). After I say no, they ask if it is a sapphire. I usually get a compliment after that. But only a couple people have said something. And they have been mostly guys.
Guys for me, too! So strange. Usually I think guys don''t pay any attention to that stuff.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 5:19:26 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 3/27/2009 5:09:29 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

Guys for me, too! So strange. Usually I think guys don''t pay any attention to that stuff.

I didn''t either. But they totally do. Maybe it is because they are usually the ones buying the jewelry. I am they only person I know at work who buys my own jewelry.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
yyyoooo TL!-i love ?''s like this-i think you know the kind of pendents i have-most of my items are of rare stones & are of pretty good quality if my appr. agrees with me as usual-i wear any of the peices and once in a while i get some really long looks & once in a while questions as to what i have on. it is fun to walk around with a pendent with an appr. of 10-15+ thousand dollars-these are for the colored stones-not the diamonds. i do enjoy & also inform-all part of the hobby-enjoy-yada-yada-yada...
35.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, at least we have a guy on the board who like to wear his gems to work. I think some men have "closet gem love." Too bad my husband isn''t one of them.
15.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine either TL, he doesn''t even pronounce padparadscha correctly, ha ha ha ha ha. He just says, he is happy I love my pod rings, ha.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:50:16 PM

Pandora:

I don''t know if before PS I''d have known myself....probably would have guessed ''an emerald'' like a goof....

LS
Everyone thinks it''s an emerald - including most jewellers...
20.gif

They all think it''s a very good emerald and they''ve never seen one that sparkles so much.

Most of the time I can''t be bothered to explain to people who aren''t that interested in the ins and outs, but when I do, I''m ashamed to admit that I often leave the ''garnet'' bit out. Garnet has such terribly negative connotations over here.
38.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 5:37:57 PM
Mine either TL, he doesn''t even pronounce padparadscha correctly, ha ha ha ha ha. He just says, he is happy I love my pod rings, ha.
ROFL!!!!!

I had to teach hubby how to say it when mine arrived last night!
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally hate the word "pad" - reminds me of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." Why couldn''t they give that gemstone a better name? How about lotus sapphire or something.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 5:42:32 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

ROFL!!!!!

I had to teach hubby how to say it when mine arrived last night!
9.gif

HA, Being I have had them now for 3 years, I know he does it on purpose, the rascal.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
glad you mentioned padparasha-this is one of my favorates & is worn several times a week by me or the wife...

m22a.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 5:41:54 PM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 3/27/2009 4:50:16 PM

Pandora:

I don''t know if before PS I''d have known myself....probably would have guessed ''an emerald'' like a goof....

LS
Everyone thinks it''s an emerald - including most jewellers...
20.gif

They all think it''s a very good emerald and they''ve never seen one that sparkles so much.

Most of the time I can''t be bothered to explain to people who aren''t that interested in the ins and outs, but when I do, I''m ashamed to admit that I often leave the ''garnet'' bit out. Garnet has such terribly negative connotations over here.
38.gif
I know, and people don''t realize how expensive that some garnets can be. It''s amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results