shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think I’m crazy to put an E stone in yellow gold?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell the truth! Am I nuts? My goldsmith thinks E’s belong in white metals... but for some reason I’m liking this setting in yellow gold, baby!

What do you think?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A12A886E-3C9C-4D27-9FBC-51265E7F7F04.jpeg 07B764BD-039D-4A1A-A8DC-958A933BC76D.jpeg

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Yellow gold has made a huge comeback, so if you love the yellow gold, go for it! I would have the head of the ring set in platinum but again that depends on the setting.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow gold has made a huge comeback, so if you love the yellow gold, go for it! I would have the head of the ring set in platinum but again that depends on the setting.

I like the icy white against yellow gold... my goldsmith thinks it’s a waste... and I DO love platinum. So I dunno.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I like how yellow gold costs less than platinum ;-)

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like another poster said- I would use a white gold or platinum head if possible, but the contrast of the E with the yellow gold will be amazing. Plus it’s not like you can’t change the setting down the line :P2

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
Well.. I've got two D's in platinum prongs/fishtails on yellow gold bands and two D's in all yellow gold. I don't care for platinum at all... though I have an I in platinum (inherited). Yellow gold is my choice. Though if I EVER find an asscher to my liking it will go into Palladium white gold - no plating.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Love love yellow gold!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like another poster said- I would use a white gold or platinum head if possible, but the contrast of the E with the yellow gold will be amazing. Plus it’s not like you can’t change the setting down the line :P2

Hahahahaha what do you think I am, a PSer? LOL ;-)

What do YOU like? And maybe get a new jeweler :whistle:

Lol well I seem to like everything under the sun, the longer I stay on PS... hahaha

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely not. It’s a fabulous combination.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
How about white gold? I set my new E in 14k white I’m loving it so much more than platinum, the color of the metal blends with the E is such a beautiful way. Talk about “white”... wow! And it is very lustrous which gives it a very rich feel.
I understand what your jeweler is saying... the diamond will pick up surrounding colors, hence why pay a premium for a super colorless stone only to then add color to it.
I agree with your jeweler.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. Yellow gold is maintenance free, doesn’t dull or need replating. I agree that a platinum head is a good idea, though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be rich and luxurious looking. As others have mentioned I would use a platinum head however.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ering is 18 kt. yellow gold but the diamonds are in platinum heads. It is no way detracts from the G color of my stone.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I love a very white stone in yellow gold. I like the contrast.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not crazy; I *love* the look of high color diamonds in rich yellow gold, the higher karat the better.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I yellow gold ring in a platinum head is nice for some designs but completely detracts from others.
A nice Tiffany soli? Do it up
A soli like mine? They would look terrible

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with your jeweler, sorry! I would do icy white platinum.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The most beatiful solitaire I've ever seen was a modern minimalist 4 prong all yellow gold setting holding a D 1ct MRB. I don't like yellow gold or MRB. I still dream about that ring. I say go for it!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not crazy at all. The contrast is beautiful. You’ll be happiest if you go with the metal that you love and not be swayed by the jeweler or anyone else. However, I do agree with those that suggested a platinum head.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think - if it was a white head, it'd work. I need to just suck it up and pay for platinum. If I want something in yellow gold I can make something.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for helping me think it out!!! <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results