Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1459127542|4011893 said:
Dancing Fire|1459124346|4011881 said:
Only 9 Trump supporters here?

Every else is totally 100% in love with Hillary Clinton.

You're not wrong there.

I just bought a new mug, hot-pink with "Hillary 2016" in white script, and I drink proudly from it!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1459477370|4014005 said:
He could take my taxes down to zero, no amount of money is worth xenophobia, misogyny, and Islamophobia.

I could not agree more with this statement. It captures exactly how I feel about Trump.

On the flip side, I'd happily pay much higher taxes for a term or two just to avoid him as president.

Our friends in Europe are laughing at us. Quite apart from all his other many and varied sins, he's made a laughing-stock of America on the national stage. Looking back at the last few years, he and Dubya have turned us into a cartoon, as far as the rest of the developed world is concerned. The GOP, many years ago, used to be a moderate and respected party.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some business owners have posted about red tape and really high taxes. I completely understand about the 49% - I also think it's too high. I can also understand the viewpoint about families being able to look after themselves and keep the majority of what they earn, and benefit from the profits of hard work. I also understand the concept of ploughing money back into one's own country instead of pouring it into other countries whose problems can't be solved because they are black holes into which aid money pours and nothing ever seems to get any better. Some European countries have done this and are now suffering a lot of problems.

Ultimately however, I come down on the side of helping others and fundamentally I believe that rich countries should share some of their bounty with poorer ones. BUT, what I'm saying is, I can understand the above viewpoint, even if ultimately I don't share it. But they are reasonable viewpoints with serious concerns behind them.

However, here's the thing: You may be economically motivated to vote for Trump - yes, 49% must really stick in the craw - but when you vote for Trump, you are not only voting for economic policies but you're also voting for someone who is racist, homophobic, and misogynist, and who basically seems to hate anyone who isn't 100 per cent mainstream. I tremble for all minorities at the thought of Trump in charge.

The cost of voting for lower taxes and favorable (to some) economic policies is that we have to have a fascist president.

That's the ultimate deal with the devil. You can have more money, Mr. Faust, but the cost is that you have to live in climate of hate.

No, thanks.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Monarch, a really good video.

Annette

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1462630633|4028566 said:
Some business owners have posted about red tape and really high taxes. I completely understand about the 49% - I also think it's too high. I can also understand the viewpoint about families being able to look after themselves and keep the majority of what they earn, and benefit from the profits of hard work. I also understand the concept of ploughing money back into one's own country instead of pouring it into other countries whose problems can't be solved because they are black holes into which aid money pours and nothing ever seems to get any better. Some European countries have done this and are now suffering a lot of problems.

Ultimately however, I come down on the side of helping others and fundamentally I believe that rich countries should share some of their bounty with poorer ones. BUT, what I'm saying is, I can understand the above viewpoint, even if ultimately I don't share it. But they are reasonable viewpoints with serious concerns behind them.

However, here's the thing: You may be economically motivated to vote for Trump - yes, 49% must really stick in the craw - but when you vote for Trump, you are not only voting for economic policies but you're also voting for someone who is racist, homophobic, and misogynist, and who basically seems to hate anyone who isn't 100 per cent mainstream. I tremble for all minorities at the thought of Trump in charge.

The cost of voting for lower taxes and favorable (to some) economic policies is that we have to have a fascist president.

That's the ultimate deal with the devil. You can have more money, Mr. Faust, but the cost is that you have to live in climate of hate.

No, thanks.

This is how I feel as well. If high taxes is the cost I pay for every American to be free safe and respected, then ill pay it.

Abril

Shiny_Rock
Trump is a liberal Democrat. He's running to make sure that Hillary is President.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for correcting my misspelling of "HillAry." I may misspell again bumping down the highway. In the right seat, of course.
Thankfully, I don't need to spell her name correctly because I'm not voting for her. Maybe I'll vote for Gary Johnson. He's mellow, or you could say high. Haven't heard his voice, but I could probably stand to listen to him for the next four years better than the Hill or the Donald.
Seriously, I'm going from never Trump to never Hillary. The only other option is a write in, which I don't think I can do. That seems like abdicating my voting responsibility. Waiting to see if Trump will name his cabinet and possible judicial nominees. That may decide it for me.
At least you liberals still have Sanders. Small government believers have nobody.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abril|1462719599|4028968 said:
Trump is a liberal Democrat. He's running to make sure that Hillary is President.
Ha, he's not that smart. ::)

AnnaH|1462723469|4028975 said:
Thanks for correcting my misspelling of "HillAry." I may misspell again bumping down the highway. In the right seat, of course.
Thankfully, I don't need to spell her name correctly because I'm not voting for her. Maybe I'll vote for Gary Johnson. He's mellow, or you could say high. Haven't heard his voice, but I could probably stand to listen to him for the next four years better than the Hill or the Donald.
Seriously, I'm going from never Trump to never Hillary. The only other option is a write in, which I don't think I can do. That seems like abdicating my voting responsibility. Waiting to see if Trump will name his cabinet and possible judicial nominees. That may decide it for me.
At least you liberals still have Sanders. Small government believers have nobody.

So true Anna. I feel lost in this election. Discouraged and disappointed in our choices. I also feel that it's out of our hands now and that Clinton will become President. Not happy about that but not happy with the thought of Trump becoming President either. IMO there are only losers in this upcoming election and those are the American people and our allies. :(sad
Now just hoping for the best and hoping it won't be as bad as some of us think it will be.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll take Hillary over Obama any day of the week. I think she will lean more towards the middle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results