shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still dream about a piece of jewelry you didn't get...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One that you would have liked to purchase but for the circumstances at the time?

I know we have discussed this topic in various forms but I am interested in hearing from new and old members alike.
And if you could share photos of said piece that would be a treat.

calvinandhobbesandconsumerism.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still think about a ring that I couldn't have possibly purchased and in fact not sure I would have loved it more than Bubbalah. But still occasionally I do think about it. Swoonworthy indeed.

Here's a couple of photos. Swoon!

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 10.14.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 10.14.25 AM.png

That diamond. That setting. Just :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I do. My jeweler had an unbelievably beautiful pink sapphire ring that I just loved. First piece I would try on every time we visited her store. Just my style and I loved everything about it. How I wanted that ring but I guess it wasn't meant for me. I still think about it all the time.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I do. My jeweler had an unbelievably beautiful pink sapphire ring that I just loved. First piece I would try on every time we visited her store. Just my style and I loved everything about it. How I wanted that ring but I guess it wasn't meant for me. I still think about it all the time.

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

That defines the word Pinkalicious. I can see why you still dream about this one.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that’s seriously gorgeous @Catmom.

Honestly @missy, it’s lovely, but I prefer Bubbalah.

This was the one that got away, but it meant that I joined PS, met @missy and ended up with Bella, so I’m not complaining.

I don’t remember all the stats, other than the princess cut was 3.5cts, don’t know about the baguettes, in 18k w/g

1B4C9D4B-09EF-4A60-A1E9-8E89B150E59D.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that’s seriously gorgeous @Catmom.

Honestly @missy, it’s lovely, but I prefer Bubbalah.

This was the one that got away, but it meant that I joined PS, met @missy and ended up with Bella, so I’m not complaining.

I don’t remember all the stats, other than the princess cut was 3.5cts, don’t know about the baguettes, in 18k w/g

1B4C9D4B-09EF-4A60-A1E9-8E89B150E59D.jpeg

Thank you @Austina and when I think about it yes I prefer Bubbalah. But there was something about that other ring.
And though you already know I couldn’t be more happy and thrilled you have Bella. She was indeed meant to be yours. And your friendship means more to me than any material thing so that was truly the icing on the proverbial cake. ❤️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, yes I have a piece of jewelry that got away. It still makes me sad. It was in early 2006-2008 or so and I was married to my first husband at that time and he was not stable with employment. So, everything fell on me. Jewelry is of coarse a luxury and I was used to denying myself for any reason so after years of looking at it and pining for it, it eventually sold. I found out when I went back after realizing I really want this piece and he had started to get stable income in 2008 but it was gone. I was devastated and still am.

Ok enough of the sad story. On to the bling! It was a convertible necklace of diamonds and rose gold. So, the necklace could be worn 2 ways. The first way was a traditional large medallion pendant and the second way was you could open up the medallion and it would spread across your neck like an upside down tiara with a diamond hanging down. And it all was done by magnets. I was just enamored with wearing it both ways. And of coarse there was a beautiful diamond pave ring to match. All in, it was about 5K and that was a lot for me back then. My dad even said he would loan me the money. And putting it on a credit card was not an option. I can't take the financial stress of debt and have never had cc debt. I so wish I had borrowed the money from my dad.
Hugs to all for the ones that got away. I hope to make this necklace one day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, yes I have a piece of jewelry that got away. It still makes me sad. It was in early 2006-2008 or so and I was married to my first husband at that time and he was not stable with employment. So, everything fell on me. Jewelry is of coarse a luxury and I was used to denying myself for any reason so after years of looking at it and pining for it, it eventually sold. I found out when I went back after realizing I really want this piece and he had started to get stable income in 2008 but it was gone. I was devastated and still am.

Ok enough of the sad story. On to the bling! It was a convertible necklace of diamonds and rose gold. So, the necklace could be worn 2 ways. The first way was a traditional large medallion pendant and the second way was you could open up the medallion and it would spread across your neck like an upside down tiara with a diamond hanging down. And it all was done by magnets. I was just enamored with wearing it both ways. And of coarse there was a beautiful diamond pave ring to match. All in, it was about 5K and that was a lot for me back then. My dad even said he would loan me the money. And putting it on a credit card was not an option. I can't take the financial stress of debt and have never had cc debt. I so wish I had borrowed the money from my dad.
Hugs to all for the ones that got away. I hope to make this necklace one day.

@bling_dream19 I am sorry this piece got away but now you are married to your soulmate and love of your life and the pieces from here on in will be that much more special. And as you write you can make this piece when you are ready. Truly the best is yet to be. ❤

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this one. It was my dream ring when I lived in NZ, so when talk of marriage popped up, I said I just wanted this as a wedding band to wear alone with nothing else. Seemingly it was in the works as a full eternity rather than a half when I left. I still dream of this ring & they will still make it for me as a special order. Not that I've enquired :Up_to_something:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread Missy! I have a list of a few things from Ebay in the past few years that I didn't bid high enough on and those are still in my mind (and heart) as the ones that "got away."
Happily 2 of those I had contacted the seller after to say if the winner didn't pay or changed their mind would they contact me and I would buy it right away.. and I did!
One was a Cartier Lanieres bracelet and the other a vintage Tiffany eternity band.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 I am sorry this piece got away but now you are married to your soulmate and love of your life and the pieces from here on in will be that much more special. And as you write you can make this piece when you are ready. Truly the best is yet to be. ❤

Yes - excellent point! Now everything is extra special because they are marriage pieces! Yes, the best is yet to be. And maybe it wasn't that great, now that I know a little more about jewelry lol. So, if we decide to make it, it will be the bomb!:lol: You always help me see the bright side thank you sweet Missy.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of 2 other pieces that still stick in my craw that I didn't grab right away.
A true case of "you snooze.. you lose." :sleep:
A Cartier ruby ring with all it's original paperwork and a Cartier white gold rolling ring.
:lol-2:Thank you all for listening to my missing jewels lament..
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 11.27.09 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 11.22.44 AM.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of 2 other pieces that still stick in my craw that I didn't grab right away.
A Cartier ruby ring with all it's original paperwork and a Cartier white gold rolling ring.
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 11.27.09 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 11.22.44 AM.jpg

That ruby ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most definitely!
Years and years ago
A certain 2.00 ct
GIA U-V, Light Brown I1 cushion.
DBL.
sigh.....

You know I’m pretty sure David can recreate anything he once had in his inventory. Just sayin. ;-)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
You know I’m pretty sure David can recreate anything he once had in his inventory. Just sayin. ;-)

Yes, I also fell in love with a pear sapphire diamond halo DBL ring and it sold. Lots to remake!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, a regret. I was trying on this ring when an elderly woman came up and whispered in my ear, “life is short!”. But it was 8k, about 8 times my “pre-pricescope budget”. I still wonder what it might have looked like with a good scrub.
:lol:
Maybe now I still wouldn’t get it...but I do think about it. I went back a week later to try it on again and it had sold (after being in the case for about a year!)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about items that I sold and wish I didn't?

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Feel free to share here or start a thread. Another interesting topic. Though also potentially heartbreaking.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG don’t get me started. I sold my Mom’s emerald ring before I understood the concept of resetting lol... at least it went to a PSer!

Hmmm well, maybe that PSer would be open to selling her back to you?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

not at that price - lol! And if I remember correctly it picked up pink quite well. Not a common light brown.
@acebruin if you are out there ....... :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not at that price - lol! And if I remember correctly it picked up pink quite well. Not a common light brown.

I hear you. If only the contents of our pocketbooks matched our desires. In the meantime I enjoy everyone’s bling vicariously. Another wonderful PS positive. We get to enjoy all sorts of bling. ❤️

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
I like orange and have a dark spess and some medim orange spinels in addition to a fave orange enamel ring with teensy diamonds by Jude Frances. I saw this lovely, large oval orange tourmaline on TGT site. Pretty pricy for me and huge! But I cut out a paper shaped copy to check out size, looked at it again, asked questions then finally spoke with my DH and he said it was a go. He made a paper ring so i could wear it for size...boy, that 20+ carat stone looked GOOD on my finger. Alas, when I told Gene I was ready to order he checked inventory and it was sold. He'd forgotten to update the site. Sad little old me. No orange honker for my short, slightly chubby size 7 finger Sep15OTourmalineI.gif

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a solid gold bib necklace i tried on in dubai. i was a student so didn't seriously entertain buying it but it was gorgeous, heavy, and would be worth a mint now :(

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
photo_4_2.jpg

Yes, a regret. I was trying on this ring when an elderly woman came up and whispered in my ear, “life is short!”. But it was 8k, about 8 times my “pre-pricescope budget”. I still wonder what it might have looked like with a good scrub.
:lol:
Maybe now I still wouldn’t get it...but I do think about it. I went back a week later to try it on again and it had sold (after being in the case for about a year!)

Oooh - I love this! What a special ring! Also love the part of the story with the elderly woman saying "life is short". I still remember my grandmother saying to me "do it now".

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wwwaaaaaaaaa;(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That pad ring from Leon Mege
A Tiffany heart shaped diamond ring
A pad colored spinel from a vendor in Palm Springs.

What a dope I am.....

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I sold all the lovely jewellery my ex bought me whilst in NZ. One ring was from the jewellers I linked earlier, Partridge Jewellers in Wellington. It was a 6mm wide, heavy 18ct yellow gold ring, with a narrow chanel of the most perfect diamonds, suspended across the top half. Stunning. I sold it, along with the other things, when i moved in with my husband. I regretted it immediately & have often tried to hunt it down. Gutted ;(

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double waaaaah.. Sharon! :cry2: :cry2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results