• No

Votes: 69 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found out a good friend's hubby has it. :(2
He, an American, traveled to a place overseas with many cases.
Apparently this travel is the only reason his state authorized him for the, currently-hard-to-get, CV test.

TNote: This 2-year poll is set up to allow you to change your vote later.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ultimately this poll will be 100% yes.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two people tested, one test negative, one pending atm

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy wrote, "Ultimately this poll will be 100%, yes"

... not if enough of us do the right thing ......... avoid crowds, wash hands, & don't touch faces.

ETA: Oh ... I almost forgot ... not if enough of us fill our garages with a zillion rolls of toilet paper. :lol-2:

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet, but I know people who are having to self isolate due to recent travel to affected areas. One of those is almost on day 14 & so far so good, no symptoms.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

... not if enough of us do the right thing ......... avoid crowds, wash hands, & don't touch faces.

According to one of the leading virologists in Germany, Alexander Kekulé, this won't be sufficient, sadly. We are too late into the dynamics.

However we need to do the right thing NOW in order to minimize victims. Avoiding crowds is not sufficient. Social distancing is key.

No visits, not even with family. Stay at home except for groceries or walking outside without people around.

I know it's really really really hard, especially for city dwellers with tiny apartments. But it's the only way.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I only know that a student in my school district is a "presumptive positive" but I don't know which school. School has been cancelled for at least the next two weeks for most schools in the state (maybe even all by this morning). Good move.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes.

Q

Queenie60

Not yet.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
is CV the virus ? :doh:
im not good with acryonones

an chap on my Springsteen forum has it - he's got a mild case and is doing ok - it kind of brings it home its real even if i only know the person from an internet message board

there are only 8 cases here in NZ

we are hoping to be like Singapore and Taiwan

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet.

DK ;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ETA: Oh ... I almost forgot ... not if enough of us fill our garages with a zillion rolls of toilet paper. :lol-2:

Your question is if we *know* anyone with COvid-19 and my answer remains that ultimately we will all eventually know someone with the virus. Even if we do everything right. My prediction. And many of us will get it no matter how careful. Just my prediction.

And lol that meme with the toilet paper on the table and the mom saying shut up and eat your tp. Too funny and sad. Still don’t really get the whole TP madness. You can’t eat it after all. Or you can eat it but you’re not gonna get helpful nutrients from it. :/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is CV the virus ? :doh:
im not good with acryonones

an chap on my Springsteen forum has it - he's got a mild case and is doing ok - it kind of brings it home its real even if i only know the person from an internet message board

there are only 8 cases here in NZ

we are hoping to be like Singapore and Taiwan

Yes. CV is short for Coronavirus.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes a former instructor confirmed case, and some friends overseas suspect that is what they had but aren't sure...they had what they thought was a really nasty flu

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Not at this point in time...half of my relatives are in Asia (China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea) the rest here in the US (both coasts), and I have not heard of anyone in my HUGE extended family or friend group that have been diagnosed or tested positive.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that I know of but considering I work in a public school the answer is likely yes.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, my husband's boss just tested positive, and they spent all day Tuesday in a truck together, so we're really not happy for this news. My husband is a New York City employee, and they won't be testing him unless/until he starts showing symptoms. We are now on a 2 week quarantine in our small apartment. We're fairly young and, luckily, healthy, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lkolarik I hope your husband didn’t catch it and that his boss recovers.

A distant cousin by marriage died from it back in January. I never met him or his wife, but the family says that he never seemed to be in very good health.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your question is if we *know* anyone with COvid-19 and my answer remains that ultimately we will all eventually know someone with the virus. Even if we do everything right. My prediction. And many of us will get it no matter how careful. Just my prediction.

Ah yes.
I agree it's possible that eventually everyone will know some with it.
Thanks for the correction. :oops:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now there are none diagnosed in my county or anywhere in the state west of my county. But there are cases to the east of our county, 7 in a county with a very large metropolitan area.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet. There are none as of yet that we are aware of diagnosed in our county either. However, it creeps ever closer to us.

MissCygne

Rough_Rock
No one personally yet. But as @missy says, at some point the answers will be 100% yes.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2 friends in Nashville, boyfriend and girlfriend who live together and she is a nurse. He went to Italy and guess where he was...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet, but it is in the next town now. DD has a colleague who is presumptive positive but still waiting for results. :/

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. Very close to Chicago but only one case in the county at a nursing home.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t know because the person in question traveled to China in Dec. Came back with a terrible cough they couldn’t shake. Asked for a test and was told there weren’t enough. I’m angry as I believe our president downplayed this in the beginning because he was more concerned about protecting his personal interests in his hotels / travel industry than protecting citizens.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 48 year old Niece just tested positive. She is an ER Nurse in Austin Texas. She is under 14 day self-quarantine. So far she is feeling Ok. It has been 3 days since test results.

Vera, best wishes for your niece. I hope she recovers quickly if she becomes symptomatic. Bless all of our heath care workers and emergency responders! Heroes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results