Votes: 81 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending get well dust to your niece Vera.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not personally, but someone at my company did test positive. They are in a city close by but I've not worked with them.

voce

Ideal_Rock
My mind hasn't been taken over by the coronavirus mentality yet.

My first reaction was like, well, the only people who do have a CV are academic professionals...

And then I realized this is about coronavirus, not curriculum vitae.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. She is ok. Treating herself and currently in quarantine. She came in contact with a person who tested positive at a team building exercise 8 days ago. They shared a buffet and were together most of the afternoon. She is laying under a humidifier coughing and miserable.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but today there were two cases identified in our town, and one in the town I work in.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
My uncle died last night from the corona virus. He was on a cruise with my Aunt and he had to be airlifted off about 10 days ago. This is the ship that has been sitting off the coast of SF bay for the last 2 weeks. He was one of the early people to test positive on the ship and because they couldn’t dock, and there were no tests, they didn’t know who had it.

My Aunt has it mildly but she was quarantined and didn’t get to say good bye. My cousin went to see him in the hospital although he was isolated and she now tested positive on Tuesday. He was going into renal failure and my cousin made a decision to pull the plug because he just wasn’t going to recover and other people needed the beds. My extended family still mostly lives in Holland except for my family and their family. There is no memorial service planned as of yet because no one can get there. I am very sad for my Aunt because they have been married for more than half century. They also have a very large business and were so involved in the community and with the schools.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swaye , :((BIG hugs to you and your family.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry for your loss @swaye2010

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @swaye2010: I cannot believe this! Your poor Aunt, your family and you. It is NOT supposed to happen when you are enjoying your golden years on holiday in a foreign country, quarantined and not able to have your life partner with you. Heartfelt condolences.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swaye, I am so sorry and sad for your family. Condolences.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss, Swaye. I hope your aunt and cousin recover soon.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lady who is involved in a local group that I belong to has to self-isolate along with her children after her husband developed the symptoms.

Since he has not been tested, it is not possible to confirm if he is positive for Covid-19.

I met her at a group meeting over a week ago on Tuesday 10 March 2020.

Have changed my vote to yes to reflect this.

DK :confused2:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 I am so very sorry for your loss. Please take care. x

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010 I am so very sorry for your family’s loss. I feel very sad for your aunt and cousin. I hope they recover from this virus and wish them peace and prayers as they recover from the devastating loss of the patriarch of their family. My sincerest condolences.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My uncle died last night from the corona virus. He was on a cruise with my Aunt and he had to be airlifted off about 10 days ago. This is the ship that has been sitting off the coast of SF bay for the last 2 weeks. He was one of the early people to test positive on the ship and because they couldn’t dock, and there were no tests, they didn’t know who had it.

My Aunt has it mildly but she was quarantined and didn’t get to say good bye. My cousin went to see him in the hospital although he was isolated and she now tested positive on Tuesday. He was going into renal failure and my cousin made a decision to pull the plug because he just wasn’t going to recover and other people needed the beds. My extended family still mostly lives in Holland except for my family and their family. There is no memorial service planned as of yet because no one can get there. I am very sad for my Aunt because they have been married for more than half century. They also have a very large business and were so involved in the community and with the schools.

I am so sorry @swaye2010 !
My deepest condolences.
:(

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend at work has been tested for it. Results still pending.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @swaye2010 It sounds so horrible in every way possible.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010 there are no words to convey how sorry I am.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone. I know this might touch all of us at some point. Death is part of life. It just feels incomplete if the family can’t come together to say good bye. It will happen one day but it doesn’t look like it will happen for awhile.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday my answer was no, but today it is yes. :(2

A friend in British Columbia has it. She’s feeling pretty miserable, but thankfully not having any problems with her breathing.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just read the rest of this thread....I’m so sorry to hear of your loss @swaye2010 . What a sad situation for you and your family. My sincere condolences.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@swaye2010
I'm so very sorry for your family. Your poor aunt.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swaye, Please accept my condolences for The loss of your grandfather. I’m sure your family is very worried about your Oma and cousin too - I hope they’ll pull through OK.

By the way, like you, my extended family lives abroad - most also in Holland, as it happens.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my boyfriend’s nephews, a firefighter, is hospitalized with flu-like symptoms. They’ve already ruled out the flu and are waiting for COVID-19 test results.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One of my partner's co-worker just got confirmed w CV.

The thing that angers me is how inept and expensive the Healthcare system is. The coworker had to wait 5 days before he could get tested, and then 3 more days to get his results back because the healthcare system is swamped.

They have premium insurance and the out of pocket to get tested is $3k. Whereas in other countries like Singapore it's free.

It's ludicrous how long he had to wait to get tested and results back. Plus, not everyone has that sort of money lying around, and this amount is ALREADY with a top tier insurance plan. What about people with average or no health insurance?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The thing that angers me is how inept and expensive the Healthcare system is. The coworker had to wait 5 days before he could get tested, and then 3 more days to get his results back because the healthcare system is swamped.

They have premium insurance and the out of pocket to get tested is $3k. Whereas in other countries like Singapore it's free.

It's ludicrous how long he had to wait to get tested and results back. Plus, not everyone has that sort of money lying around, and this amount is ALREADY with a top tier insurance plan. What about people with average or no health insurance?

That is crazy and obscene. :(
Our health insurance informed us all COVID-19 testing is free to us. I was pleasantly surprised. But yes very worried for those who have no insurance coverage at all. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my boyfriend’s nephews, a firefighter, is hospitalized with flu-like symptoms. They’ve already ruled out the flu and are waiting for COVID-19 test results.

Oh no, hoping whatever it is he recovers.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is crazy and obscene. :(
Our health insurance informed us all COVID-19 testing is free to us. I was pleasantly surprised. But yes very worried for those who have no insurance coverage at all. :(

That was what health insurance told him too. But it turns out, when he went to get tested, certain elements of the testing and treatment is NOT covered - so he ended up having to pay $3k.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

it's mind boggling. those who already have limited access to healthcare are going to 1) walk around with this virus if they are asymptomatic or 2) try to care for themselves at home until it's super urgent, which could lead to a crunch at the hospitals.

we're going to pay for our own bad policies....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was what health insurance told him too. But it turns out, when he went to get tested, certain elements of the testing and treatment is NOT covered - so he ended up having to pay $3k.

Very sneaky of them. But not surprising. Disappointing though. Especially giving a false impression that it would be covered. Well I think it should be completely covered by health insurance and would be surprised in the coming weeks and months if that does not happen more often than not. Let's see if some of our politicians step up and do the right thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results