shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own a gun? What kind? What do you use it for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 4:49:01 PM
Author: stepcutnut

Pear-my Keltec 9mm is currently my carry gun, nothing wonderful to shoot-but is compact enough!
I''m searching for a good conceal carry weapon that is compat - my Sig is a great gun, but it''s not as compact as I''d like for something I''d like to really conceal against my body. I''ll keep this one in mind!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 4:49:49 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

My brother in law is a gun junkie (seriously, he owns 5 mausers)and he feels the need to have a FL carry permit ''just cause he can...'' even though he lives in NJ. We are in no way gun nuts and we both believe in regulatory oversight pertaining to background/psych evals prior to licensing and purchasing any gun, hand gun or otherwise.
Hudson - I think this is a great idea. We''re not gun nuts either, by any means. Haha our conceal carry course instructor was a gun nut though - it was crazy. Anyway, I think anyone with a weapon should have regular psych evaluations, on top of one before purchasing. All NC does right now is a background check, which doens''t help if the crazy person has never done anything illegal (or never been caught).

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 5:46:43 PM
Author: m76steve
i used to have quite a few shooters-class 3 & regular guns-this is one of my favorites-only one of 50 ever produced-called the [hammer]-made from a benelli shotgun with a 10'' barrel-12 gauge-holds 3 rounds & fires auto. the sights have been removed so one must know this weapon to aim properly-a very fun item & a conversation peice-a federally licensed item-lots of fun...
Huh - very cool steve!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:05:13 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 3/3/2009 5:55:32 PM
Author: purrfectpear

Date: 3/3/2009 5:17:26 PM
Author: strmrdr
a few less than last week

different ones

they make my apartment smell good
I''m picturing you getting up in the a.m. in your jammies, stretching your arms overhead, looking around, taking a few deep sniffs, then saying with a satisfied grin....''Mmmmmmm, I love the smell of Hoppe''s No. 9 in the morning''
9.gif
Oh my GOSH that made me LAUGH HARD
9.gif
3.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

very small insurgent.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:08:54 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
like MC would say...drama thread!!
31.gif

anyway, i own a 9 mm,if i had to i would use it to shoot criminals.

and....i say no to gun control til all the criminals turn in their guns.
DF - hehe what exactly constitutes a drama thread? Don't think I've seen that term used here on PS yet.

That's exactly what mine are for - target practice, and shooting criminals if the situation ever required that.

That's my main issue with gun control - all the law abiding citizens would have to turn in their guns, leaving us helpless against the criminals who keep their guns. Makes no sense to me.
33.gif
(BUUUT that's not what this thread is targeting... so I'm gonna hush.
5.gif
)

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock

Date: 3/3/2009 6:22:16 PM
Author: lyra
Guns in general terrify the crap out of me, so I''d be the last one in the world who should have one. I''d probably accidentally kill someone/something/ or myself. What''s weird is I grew up in a household full of guns, mostly rifles. The most I personally have ever been able to manage (my hands sweat just talking about guns LOL), is a bb-gun my husband has from when he was a kid. We shoot it at targets in the backyard sometimes, and I find that pretty fun. I can see how target practice would be a stress reliever for some (not me!). Whole other league here.
3.gif
lyra - I totally enjoyed our BB guns when I was a kid. Still do!! Haha and with the way ammo is flying out the door and prices skyrocketing, I very well may start shooting that again instead of the pistols and rifle!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
OH DARN! That reminds me... I can''t believe I forgot this, but I guess I did b/c I haven''t gotten to shoot it yet due to some gas issues with it...

but FI has an AR-15 that he loves, has military specs. He and his military buddy each got their own. Those are their special toys.
5.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

dorina at pelham 10-04.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
do i have a gun? yes, handguns [both revolvers and pistols] and rifles.

what kind? prefer not to say but the latest acquisition is a .45acp.......

what do i use it for? target practice for self-defense should the need ever arise, or its necessary to get a deer for food.

unasked question: what constitutes a good day for me?! tai chi class followed by several hours at the range and then a good movie.

mz

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance has a ton of them! Mostly shotguns, but a few semi-automatics and handguns as well. I hate it because guns make me nervous!

He grew up poor on a farm, and many times the kills he and his father/grandfather brought in was all there was to eat. He learned gun safety and shooting at like 4 years old. Sounds crazy to me, but I guess that's what you did when you live in the middle of nowhere. He still enjoys the occasional hunting trip (we utilize and eat whatever he gets), but now he mostly goes to the shooting range with farm buddies and aims at clay.

He keeps insisting that I learn to shoot, I keep insisting that it will never happen!
9.gif
We'll see who wins!

(...it'll be me)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 5:55:32 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Date: 3/3/2009 5:17:26 PM

a few less than last week

different ones

they make my apartment smell good
I''m picturing you getting up in the a.m. in your jammies, stretching your arms overhead, looking around, taking a few deep sniffs, then saying with a satisfied grin....''Mmmmmmm, I love the smell of Hoppe''s No. 9 in the morning''
9.gif
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hoppe''s no9 nuthin better.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:43:26 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
HOT!!!!!
Your cute too

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:46:32 PM
Author: jsm
My fiance has a ton of them! Mostly shotguns, but a few semi-automatics and handguns as well. I hate it because guns make me nervous!

He grew up poor on a farm, and many times the kills he and his father/grandfather brought in was all there was to eat. He learned gun safety and shooting at like 4 years old. Sounds crazy to me, but I guess that's what you did when you live in the middle of nowhere. He still enjoys the occasional hunting trip (we utilize and eat whatever he gets), but now he mostly goes to the shooting range with farm buddies and aims at clay.

He keeps insisting that I learn to shoot, I keep insisting that it will never happen!
9.gif
We'll see who wins!

(...it'll be me)
Try it once you may like it.
Wifey2b is an excellent shot.
I'm going to teach her to reload then I can say.. I will cook dinner babe you go load some ammo for Saturday hehehehehehe

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:54:10 PM

He grew up poor on a farm, and many times the kills he and his father/grandfather brought in was all there was to eat. He learned gun safety and shooting at like 4 years old. Sounds crazy to me, but I guess that''s what you did when you live in the middle of nowhere. He still enjoys the occasional hunting trip (we utilize and eat whatever he gets), but now he mostly goes to the shooting range with farm buddies and aims at clay.

9.gif
We''ll see who wins!

(...it''ll be me)

Maybe someday... right now all I can see happening is me shooting my eye out!
39.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:56:29 PM

Maybe someday... right now all I can see happening is me shooting my eye out!

39.gif
naw its a fact your safer on the range then when driving to the range.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:46:04 PM
Author: movie zombie
do i have a gun? yes, handguns [both revolvers and pistols] and rifles.

what kind? prefer not to say but the latest acquisition is a .45acp.......

what do i use it for? target practice for self-defense should the need ever arise, or its necessary to get a deer for food.

unasked question: what constitutes a good day for me?! tai chi class followed by several hours at the range and then a good movie.

mz
Hehe that''s awesome! Sounds like a great day to me too. Lots of stress relief and energy release! Then the perfect wind-down.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock

He grew up poor on a farm, and many times the kills he and his father/grandfather brought in was all there was to eat. He learned gun safety and shooting at like 4 years old. Sounds crazy to me, but I guess that''s what you did when you live in the middle of nowhere. He still enjoys the occasional hunting trip (we utilize and eat whatever he gets), but now he mostly goes to the shooting range with farm buddies and aims at clay.

9.gif
We''ll see who wins!

(...it''ll be me)
Hehe!

That''s the only time I''m ok with hunting - when it''s for a good use. I hate it when people kill for fun.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:54:10 PM

I''m going to teach her to reload then I can say.. I will cook dinner babe you go load some ammo for Saturday hehehehehehe
Hahahahahahaha

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
i own several glocks-this is a m17-9mm-normally filled with a 13 rd clip with hollow points for home defense-pictured here is with a 33 rd magazine which functions very well-used normally in a fully automatic glock-another class 3 toy...so much serious fun...

m7623.JPG

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
My family doesn''t own guns for leisure/occupation, but we do have a Luger Pistol that my grandpa brought back from WW2. It''s an interesting conversation piece, that''s for sure!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got a Sig Sauer P229 DAK 40cal. I carry concealed for my job, and we''re expected to carry at all times.

I''ve never been a big fan of guns, but it is what it is. I might get a baby Glock later as a secondary firearm. The Sig is pretty hefty for carrying all day everyday.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a lot of guns. I know one is an AR, b/c he had it on hold at the shop and I paid for it for Father''s day last year. (Boy was I the coolest wife ever too!) He built a really nice gun cabinet in the basement and a nice reloading bench. He hasn''t had time to do much reloading, but it''s there anyway. He''s got guns for animals and guns for people if need be. Anytime we go to the mall, we have to stop at Scheel''s so he can fondle the guns..he''s trying to trade one in right now and it''s been difficult b/c it''s soooo busy in the gun department the last couple months. He''s in the process of hopefully getting on the police reserves (and then on to the actual force), so he needs to provide his own weapon. He spends a lot of time finding ones that I can shoot too, tho we don''t get much chance to do any shooting. We both like watching on one of the outdoor channels, a couple different shows about self defense and such..couldn''t tell you the names but there''s a lot shown from some place in Arizona maybe, Thunder Ranch or something..I wish we had a place like that here-it would be awesome to spend a few days learning about guns and what to do in situations and overcome some of the intimidation I have!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:17:55 PM
Author: m76steve
i own several glocks-this is a m17-9mm-normally filled with a 13 rd clip with hollow points for home defense-pictured here is with a 33 rd magazine which functions very well-used normally in a fully automatic glock-another class 3 toy...so much serious fun...
Nice!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:22:40 PM
Author: star sparkle
I''ve got a Sig Sauer P229 DAK 40cal. I carry concealed for my job, and we''re expected to carry at all times.

I''ve never been a big fan of guns, but it is what it is. I might get a baby Glock later as a secondary firearm. The Sig is pretty hefty for carrying all day everyday.
That''s what FI has. Yeah it''s a pretty large gun for concealing. Even my Sig P239 that''s a lot smaller is considerably large to conceal.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:21:45 PM
Author: AllieGator
My family doesn''t own guns for leisure/occupation, but we do have a Luger Pistol that my grandpa brought back from WW2. It''s an interesting conversation piece, that''s for sure!
That''s really cool! My grandpa was in WW2 also, but as far as I know, he doesn''t have any weapons from it. Actually, come to think of it, I''ve never asked him. I''ll have to next time I see him!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:26:25 PM
Author: packrat
We have a lot of guns. I know one is an AR, b/c he had it on hold at the shop and I paid for it for Father''s day last year. (Boy was I the coolest wife ever too!) He built a really nice gun cabinet in the basement and a nice reloading bench. He hasn''t had time to do much reloading, but it''s there anyway. He''s got guns for animals and guns for people if need be. Anytime we go to the mall, we have to stop at Scheel''s so he can fondle the guns..he''s trying to trade one in right now and it''s been difficult b/c it''s soooo busy in the gun department the last couple months. He''s in the process of hopefully getting on the police reserves (and then on to the actual force), so he needs to provide his own weapon. He spends a lot of time finding ones that I can shoot too, tho we don''t get much chance to do any shooting. We both like watching on one of the outdoor channels, a couple different shows about self defense and such..couldn''t tell you the names but there''s a lot shown from some place in Arizona maybe, Thunder Ranch or something..I wish we had a place like that here-it would be awesome to spend a few days learning about guns and what to do in situations and overcome some of the intimidation I have!
I''ll have to watch out for those - sounds interesting!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe I''m missing a joke here, but I love the smell of gun powder and I love the smell of the gun cleaning fluid FI uses....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results