color
clarity

Do you like set A or B?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh! Now it all makes sense! I love, love repurposing existing jewelry and there is nothing wrong with preferences changing over time.
15 years is definitely worth celebrating with something special that will make you happy and stands as a new symbol of the strength of your union!
The halo is definitely very pretty and it is awesome that it will fit your existing stone. Here is my suggestion for the band - would you consider a shared/prong scalloped look? I think that will look better with the halo and again - I think it will be an awesome standalone ring. Examples here:
IMG_6550.JPG
IMG_6549.JPG

You can see how the diamonds have a scalloped look.

Also, what I would suggest is getting a thinner Anniversary band to go with your new halo setting and wearing the 9 stone band on your right hand.

Btw I am not sure where you are located, but IDJ in NYC probably have the best prices on Gabriel&Co setting and band settings as well. It may be worth it to give them a call.

I just saw where you were repurposing diamonds! I agree with @SimoneDi about possibly using your larger diamonds as a stand alone blinged-out ring.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw where you were repurposing diamonds! I agree with @SimoneDi about possibly using your larger diamonds as a stand alone blinged-out ring.

Agree with SimoneDi and msop about this. Do a right hand eternity ring with your side and wedding ring stones and do a plain band or matching band with the halo. Alternately, flower ring using your e-ring stone and the stones in both bands would be amazing and very blingy and could be worn with a new wedding ring made from the metal in your original rings. This would give you SERIOUS bling.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha!!! What a great project indeed. I agree with @SimoneDi on repurposing your diamonds inn a beatiful band as well as combining your new halo with a smaller eternity.

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
Curious would it be horrible to wear the wedding band as is? I didn't know if it was that bad looking?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curious would it be horrible to wear the wedding band as is? I didn't know if it was that bad looking?

I probably would not wear the band as is with the halo setting due to the clash in styles. I would even prefer that it be all 9 stones, because that gives an eternity band illusion. But it is your rings in the end!

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
I probably would not wear the band as is with the halo setting due to the clash in styles. I would even prefer that it be all 9 stones, because that gives an eternity band illusion. But it is your rings in the end!
Oops I meant the 9 stone one!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops I meant the 9 stone one!

OP, if you want to go the halo route (which I have a feeling you do:) )I would definitely reset the 9 stones into a nice shared prong low profile band since you already have the stones + the gold from both of your bands, so right really no reason why not to do it. And then see how you like the two rings together. Most people on PS will tell you to get a delicate band to go with your new halo and wear the 9 stone as a standalone, but if you like the blinged out look with a heftier band, then go for it.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B. IMHO, halos look like you are trying to make the center stone look bigger and/or more sparkly. Your center stone is beautiful and the other diamonds in your bands are of nice size. I would not put a bunch of tiny diamonds (anything under 10 points) around such nice stones. I know halos are on trend but it is one trend I am not following.

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the side view on A. I have a similar profile and I never get sick of looking at it, its just an elegant look.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMG_9467.JPG hi! Which ring set do you like better? Ignore the color differences due to lighting. If you can also say why you like the choice, I'd appreciate it. Need to make a decision soon. Both rings have 1ct center and 9 .1 diamonds.

I love how the halo frames the center stone, A got my vote!!!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm a sucker for a gorgeous matched set of rings, so I'd say the first one without the halo. Halos can be tricky to put other bands with, but a classic setting with two side diamonds on either shoulder can be worn with the proper matching band, a channel set band, a pave band, etc. Bonus, you can have an old fashioned insert guard band created for it and incorporate the two side diamonds as part of the design. I have a vintage guard ring set like that and adore it! I often wear the guard with another e-ring style that isn't a part of the set.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Rollingringqueen,
I have been reading through your thread. I also love a good re-purposing project :) And you have been getting some good advice here. I was wondering if you made a decision? Please do let us know.

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
Hi! Thanks for checking in! I'm still looking at set B on my hand and debating what to do! My daughter made me feel guilty that I should keep the set that "Daddy" gave me! Ugh. I was pretty set on the halo but now I'm torn.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! Thanks for checking in! I'm still looking at set B on my hand and debating what to do! My daughter made me feel guilty that I should keep the set that "Daddy" gave me! Ugh. I was pretty set on the halo but now I'm torn.
I've never liked halos.
Listen your heart!

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock

Some people here have added halos to their existing ring - maybe you can modify your setting? I'm sure PSers could aid with ideas for this type of project as well!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...st-for-adding-halo-to-my-oval-setting.187833/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-halo-added-on-to-existing-ring.175214/

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
B. You asked about set and that set looks better imo.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

:) Take your time. Perhaps some other project such a RHR or a pendant is in order to celebrate 15 years together. It could also work as a "family heirloom" you pass on to your daughter as a milestone birthday gift or a graduation gift. But, no need to rush, these things take time.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My opinion is to rest your ER in a white metal solitaire with a plain shank and use all the smaller diamonds to make a new wedding band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results