carat
color
clarity

Do you like set A or B?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
IMG_9467.JPG hi! Which ring set do you like better? Ignore the color differences due to lighting. If you can also say why you like the choice, I'd appreciate it. Need to make a decision soon. Both rings have 1ct center and 9 .1 diamonds.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! I prefer the halo with plain shank, it seems to accentuate the center stone better and it provides some additional coverage, yet I find it feminine and delicate. I would probably pair it with a thinner band, something that will be closer to the width of the e-ring shank. But the choice is yours in the end!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too voted for the halo'd center stone with the plain shank because that is one of my all-time favorite looks as I love the way it defines the stone but is not in-your-face bold, so I don't think I would ever get tired of it (were I more of a halo person). But I would pair it with either a scattered diamond wedding band -- where the diamonds are more varied in size and placement & there's more of them than is usual -- or a thinner pave band with the stones just across the top, similar to this:
30% pave band.jpg
This "captures" the diamonds in the halo while also nicely echoing imo the plain shank.
1.gif

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm the odd one out here. I don't like halos because (to my eyes), they distract from the center stone and impair its individuality. Set B looks cleaner to me and the center stone doesn't appear to be drowning in diamonds.

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't usually love halos but I voted for A because B looked a bit too busy and the stones in the band are big enough to distract from the centre diamond, whereas I really like the little diamonds around the halo. I think it complements the centre stone well. I would also maybe go for slightly smaller diamonds on the wedding band (but not by much ;)2)

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like set A better. I like the halo ring but i dont like the band under the halo ring. The band of diamonds would be way too big for my liking. I would want the band to have much smaller diamonds ( close to the size of the halo diamonds)

imo the band diamonds are too big and would make the engagement ring look smaller even though it has a halo.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B. I like the blinged out look and I can focus on the center better and the center looks crisper and whiter without the halo. And I like the symmetry of the stones in the two bands.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like set A better but agree that I'd pair it with a thinner diamond band. Set B makes the diamond "disappear" a bit to my eyes.

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
IMG_9476.JPG IMG_9473.PNG
Thanks everyone. Keep the opinions coming! Here is another view of both.

Attachments

• IMG_9475.PNG
    IMG_9475.PNG
    966.2 KB · Views: 13

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted A, I really like the halo, but I too would pair it with a thinner diamond band, or even 2, one each side :P2

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
Both are lovely - go with whichever set makes your heart happy! Or if neither - then take your time and keep looking! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B. I like the blinged out look and I can focus on the center better and the center looks crisper and whiter without the halo. And I like the symmetry of the stones in the two bands.

@LLJsmom said exactly what I was thinking. This is not maths though. It all comes down to personal taste and what sings to you. That said: I love the luxurious look of B. It makes the diamond shine despite it's blingy look. Looks great on your hand too.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the halo is more well proportioned . I don't like the size of the side diamonds in the non halo setting. Plus I think the number of diamonds looks unfinished in that set.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting the additional pics, rollingringqueen!
Are you committed to making your purchase one of this particular vendor's two offerings (I'm guessing both sets are from the same shop)? The reason I ask is because -- if you're leaning towards B -- there are other, 5-stone e-ring possibilities other than the one in B, where the center stone is in a basic peg head that's plonked down on the band. Mall jewelers like that kind of setting because the peg head can be readily swapped out to accommodate a customer who wants a different size, even shape, of center stone, thereby enabling them to make a quick, easy sale. But consequently, B's e-ring looks less expensive to me than the halo & I think it would be nice for you to have a 5-stone that's more gracefully "organic" than this particular one.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer for the center stone to stand out and set A makes the center pop. Set B is just a massive sea of bling, not a bad thing at all in my world, but the center blends into it.

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting the additional pics, rollingringqueen!
Are you committed to making your purchase one of this particular vendor's two offerings (I'm guessing both sets are from the same shop)? The reason I ask is because -- if you're leaning towards B -- there are other, 5-stone e-ring possibilities other than the one in B, where the center stone is in a basic peg head that's plonked down on the band. Mall jewelers like that kind of setting because the peg head can be readily swapped out to accommodate a customer who wants a different size, even shape, of center stone, thereby enabling them to make a quick, easy sale. But consequently, B's e-ring looks less expensive to me than the halo & I think it would be nice for you to have a 5-stone that's more gracefully "organic" than this particular one.

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
Oh love these thoughts! I'm going to post more details shortly but first wanted everyone's simple opinion on A vs B. Stay tuned! I'll answer your questions very soon!

SurfFL

Rough_Rock
I voted B, I personally don't like the look of halos around diamonds. Colored stone with halos is another story, but I think they distract from the center diamond. 46262_42406_main_stacker.jpg
https://www.bluenile.com/wedding-ri...gBands&elem=img#matching-wedding-ring-rotator

I like the look of this set more, but that is a personal preference. If one of them speaks to you more, I'd go with that one. If you don't love either of them I'd keep looking. Ultimately we can all have an opinion but you will be the one living with it and looking at it everyday.

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
IMG_9479.JPG IMG_9478.JPG IMG_9445.JPG IMG_9475.jpg More pics of each separately. Thanks for ALL opinions!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither are my favorite, but I prefer a non halo.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I just think the halo eternity combo looks more refined and expensive

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question - do these come as "sets"?

My vote is still for A, but I wonder if you could try with a slightly thinner band? Also, I really like the halo as a standalone on the left hand and the band could be worn on the right hand, that to me would be a balanced look.

Set B reminds me of a popular look in the 90s, not a bad look per se, but the center stone blends in and appears smaller, at least that's how I see it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just voted and commented in favour of option B. However, I am not a huge fan of the profile look of B. The stone is set quite high for example. I like the option @SurfFL posted.

rollingringqueen

Rough_Rock
Ok everyone! Here's the story: set B is my wedding set and is almost 15 years old. (Good guess from someone saying late 90s style-- you were close!) Although it was my dream set back then, I was hoping to get diamonds reset for my next anniversary. Also, my set is yellow gold-- I have it rhodium plated on occasion to keep it looking like white gold.

So, set A is a Gabriel & Co e-ring that I fell in love with. My 1 Ct diamond can pop right into the halo. The wedding band you see would come from the 9 .10 Ct diamonds from my original band and e ring. Yes, I agree it's probably too big with e-ring but I want to use all my diamonds.

Anyone have any better ideas? I'm open to hearing them!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww! I actually voted for A but didn't explain why. I love this twist which explains the very vastly different set comparison. @rollingringqueen I love repurposed jewelry and I love the sentimentality behind it! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B, classic combo

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok everyone! Here's the story: set B is my wedding set and is almost 15 years old. (Good guess from someone saying late 90s style-- you were close!) Although it was my dream set back then, I was hoping to get diamonds reset for my next anniversary. Also, my set is yellow gold-- I have it rhodium plated on occasion to keep it looking like white gold.

So, set A is a Gabriel & Co e-ring that I fell in love with. My 1 Ct diamond can pop right into the halo. The wedding band you see would come from the 9 .10 Ct diamonds from my original band and e ring. Yes, I agree it's probably too big with e-ring but I want to use all my diamonds.

Anyone have any better ideas? I'm open to hearing them!

Ahhh! Now it all makes sense! I love, love repurposing existing jewelry and there is nothing wrong with preferences changing over time.
15 years is definitely worth celebrating with something special that will make you happy and stands as a new symbol of the strength of your union!
The halo is definitely very pretty and it is awesome that it will fit your existing stone. Here is my suggestion for the band - would you consider a shared/prong scalloped look? I think that will look better with the halo and again - I think it will be an awesome standalone ring. Examples here:
IMG_6550.JPG
IMG_6549.JPG

You can see how the diamonds have a scalloped look.

Also, what I would suggest is getting a thinner Anniversary band to go with your new halo setting and wearing the 9 stone band on your right hand.

Btw I am not sure where you are located, but IDJ in NYC probably have the best prices on Gabriel&Co setting and band settings as well. It may be worth it to give them a call.

Attachments

• IMG_6547.JPG
    IMG_6547.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 9

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I voted for A because I like the proportions of the halo better than the solitaire. I would also agree that a thinner band would look better suited for with the halo. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results